World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/you-were-askin-for-em/

"
With the arrival of Update 0.6.0, we're sprucing up the tech tree with some highly-demanded ships like Arizona, Belfast, and Scharnhorst! Get your Doubloons ready, or pick them up in the Premium Shop!

Meanwhile, Atlanta will be sailing off into the sunset. Grab her while you can! "

So Atlanta and Marblehead are leaving, while Belfast, Arizona, Indianapolis, Scharnhorst, and Krasnyi Krym will arrive in the tech tree.

i got 3 of the admiral ones gifted to me i got the bare minimum you could get out of each one which was 36 of the 250% captain xp camo's which are worthless as hell when you have 30+ captains that are all 18 points..

You have 30+ 18 Point Captains ?

Just found this table, all this time I never realized that being on fire increases your detection range.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/14258-basics-spotting-mechanics/

you can also see all that information in game when you press ctrl and hover your mouse over the ship icon on the bottom left of the screen, tells you your detection ranges, + amount of AA still alive and how much damage that remaining AA does plus other information that i can't remember off the top of my head.

The Fuso confuses me.

It has damn near no superstructure components yet it lights on fire like a IJN DD. What gives?

i got 3 of the admiral ones gifted to me i got the bare minimum you could get out of each one which was 36 of the 250% captain xp camo's which are worthless as hell when you have 30+ captains that are all 18 points..

You have 30+ 18 Point Captains ?

What? that ship looks like they were trying to build a ladder to heaven

Yeah, but that's not where it catches fire.

It might be the wood as mentioned.

I really don't understand CV mechanics.

I play a game, do 160k damage in a Shokaku, and I get maybe 3rd place on the team, with 1200 base xp.

I play a game on the Ranger, and do 3k damage, 3K! but shoot down 39 planes, and get 3rd place again, less xp though, since we lost.

either way, shafted regardless :) I think I've only even gotten first place on a CV in 1 game, and it was on a saipan, with 70k damage and a bunch of plane shoot downs.

(Researched the Taiho yesterday!)

Best game yet in the Z-46, but it also killed my will to play any more games today.

nN0epRS.jpg
WA8RXrz.jpg
OIb5JGX.jpg

Just nothing but disappointed with my team.

Best game yet in the Z-46, but it also killed my will to play any more games today.

nN0epRS.jpg
WA8RXrz.jpg
OIb5JGX.jpg

Just nothing but disappointed with my team.

obviously, you are not carrying enough, noob.

Damn nice game though :) not sure what more you could do, capped ,defended cap, killed 3 ships, probably 6 ships worth of damage.

I really don't understand CV mechanics.

I play a game, do 160k damage in a Shokaku, and I get maybe 3rd place on the team, with 1200 base xp.

I play a game on the Ranger, and do 3k damage, 3K! but shoot down 39 planes, and get 3rd place again, less xp though, since we lost.

either way, shafted regardless :) I think I've only even gotten first place on a CV in 1 game, and it was on a saipan, with 70k damage and a bunch of plane shoot downs.

(Researched the Taiho yesterday!)

I like to CV, but I'm running 3x27" in Eyefinity and it makes CV a pain in the ass. For example, if you zoom in to do a manual drop the target will be near the outer border of one of the side screens. You have to zoom on the squadron, then immediately use the cursor keys to center the target where you can actually see it well, because WASD doesn't move the map rather it controls the ship. It's just such a hassle that I don't really enjoy it, makes me feel like I'm trying to play a piano and making ugly music.

Some carriers are particularly unforgiving of this, like the Saipan. Imo, you need to efficiently strafe to use the fighters properly. The DB's have amazing auto drop accuracy, but the TB's aren't as good at auto drop.

Damn chobster, your team must have really sucked if your T7 cv got 3rd place in a 9's game.

I like to CV, but I'm running 3x27" in Eyefinity and it makes CV a pain in the ass. For example, if you zoom in to do a manual drop the target will be near the outer border of one of the side screens. You have to zoom on the squadron, then immediately use the cursor keys to center the target where you can actually see it well, because WASD doesn't move the map rather it controls the ship. It's just such a hassle that I don't really enjoy it, makes me feel like I'm trying to play a piano and making ugly music.

Some carriers are particularly unforgiving of this, like the Saipan. Imo, you need to efficiently strafe to use the fighters properly. The DB's have amazing auto drop accuracy, but the TB's aren't as good at auto drop.

I can see how that would be annoying, already have issues with the CV UI where I click my ship somewhere by accident :p

Just rolled the dice with another round of santa boxes. I have way better luck with the $3 boxes than with $1 boxes. The best thing I've gotten from dollar boxes is 30 days premium.

$3x10
Scharnhorst
Isizuchi
2x 20 wows aniv camo
50 equal speed charlie london
90 days premium $33.89
25 dragon
20 ocean soul

So far I've won these premium ships, all with those valuable 10 point skippers.

Ishizuchi
Scharnhorst
Marblehead
Texas
Arizona
Murmansk
Molotov
Emden
Warspite
2x Blyskawica

I did the convoy missions and obtained,
Graf Spee
Fuso
Bayern
Faragutt (which I had previously, but sold)
Budyonny
Leander

The only ships I particularly want now are the Shinonome, the Sims, and the Tirpitz.

Really I'd like to get the Shinonome, not sure I would use the Sims much, and only want the tirp because it's the tirp and it's strong as hell.

/And of course, the Yamato. Although I'm the worst BB player in the game.

My brain just doesn't BB well. In a DD I can sense where to be, and where I'm best utilized. In a BB I either play it conservatively, or play even remotely aggressive and get screwed when my team bails out.

Really the only one I would want is scharn, I got anshan and Ishizuchi. Might buy a couple more boxes, but that's about it.

don't bother with the shinome, ships a piece of garbage.. it's just the fubuki with torp accel.. so it has the high torp detection range, terrible torp spread, and high detection range even with full concealment. the kamikaze is better than it in every way.

don't bother with the shinome, ships a piece of garbage.. it's just the fubuki with torp accel.. so it has the high torp detection range, terrible torp spread, and high detection range even with full concealment. the kamikaze is better than it in every way.

I don't mind it, it's like a mini f3 shim :p

I'm messing around with the Fubuki now. Same play style, except I'm no longer the first DD to cap. With the Kamikaze I always arrive first and ambush, or pop smoke and run if the situation demands. The Kamikaze with Sierra Mike runs 42 knots and some change, I think it was 42.8 if I remember correctly.

Fun fun on the saipan :p

shot-17.01.16_17.24.32-0297.jpg

Dual carrier match, I guess allowed our carrier to have some strikes while I engaged their planes, we ended up winning and I believe I got first on the team.

But that just proves that low damage high counter-cv play can be rewarding as well :p

Last edited:
Scharnhorst is much fun!

P4fhKmD.jpg

Used the GamesCon camo and Zulu flag. The other team reached 1000 cap points before I could go after the Bayern and Ognevoi left. :cry:

Scharnhorst is much fun!

P4fhKmD.jpg

Used the GamesCon camo and Zulu flag. The other team reached 1000 cap points before I could go after the Bayern and Ognevoi left. :cry:

Jesus dude, nice game, 12 torps in a Scharn? you spent your time upfront

Scharnhorst is much fun!

P4fhKmD.jpg

What is the gamescon cameo I hear about ?

Scharnhorst is much fun!

P4fhKmD.jpg

97 shell hits and 12 torpedo hits in a fucking Battleship. Damn son....

You love them long time !

What is the gamescon cameo I hear about ?

One of the best-looking camos in the game at the moment, in my humble opinion. The +50% credit bonus is nice with premiums.

Imagine a good Missouri game with +50% credits from camo and +20% credits from the Zulu flag.

5IQebiv.jpg

kami didn't like the HEAP skill on the belfast, which seemed to be one of the best candidates for it. Damage saturation took over too quickly, so after those first awesome salvos, the dmg numbers just start going down, and many fewer fires.

kami didn't like the HEAP skill on the belfast, which seemed to be one of the best candidates for it. Damage saturation took over too quickly, so after those first awesome salvos, the dmg numbers just start going down, and many fewer fires.

I'd like to try it on the Atlanta or akizuki

Been thinking about this patch and RDF. I'm so pissed of at WG that I think I'm going to take my highest point captain, equip RDF, and use it club the fuck out of baby seals in tier 1, 2, and 3, until WG feels the pain. As far as I'm concerned, they pissed into the wind this time. And now it's going to blow back at them. Fucked up, yeah, I know it is.

Cool. I had 1.9million in free captains xp piled up.

I now have four 19 point captains, two 15 point captains and a few others much closer to 15 than they were before :)

Been thinking about this patch and RDF. I'm so pissed of at WG that I think I'm going to take my highest point captain, equip RDF, and use it club the fuck out of baby seals in tier 1, 2, and 3, until WG feels the pain. As far as I'm concerned, they pissed into the wind this time. And now it's going to blow back at them. Fucked up, yeah, I know it is.

Although what you plan on doing sounds fun, I'm not so sure it's going to be that big of an issue. It will definitely be part of a scout ship build, and scout ship builds will be far and few inbetween because, by nature, scout ships can't make any damned money in the game.

I have set up captains on 6 ships so far. four 19 point ships and two 15 point ships. Not in a single case did RDF interest me. The 4 points were simply too costly and I would have had to give up other proven beneficial skills to get it. Not interested.

So unless it's a pure scouting ship it makes no sense at all, and it makes even less sense for Destroyers.

Although what you plan on doing sounds fun, I'm not so sure it's going to be that big of an issue. It will definitely be part of a scout ship build, and scout ship builds will be far and few inbetween because, by nature, scout ships can't make any damned money in the game.

I have set up captains on 6 ships so far. four 19 point ships and two 15 point ships. Not in a single case did RDF interest me. The 4 points were simply too costly and I would have had to give up other proven beneficial skills to get it. Not interested.

So unless it's a pure scouting ship it makes no sense at all, and it makes even less sense for Destroyers.

To me, it sounds like the exact opposite of fun. It feels more like vengeance, vengeance displaced onto an innocent in order to drive a point home to WG. If enough people do it, they'll get the message. If not by listening, by watching new player retention stats.

Back