World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

DD players get used to it, especially at the lower tiers.. you always run into a turd-tato-mato that just cant be bothered to look around and see if there are friendly torps around..

I've been pink 2 or 3 times over torpedoes. I can honestly say 1 could be attributed to me being a dumb-ass, the other two, well, all you can do is make sure it's clear, chat out a warning to your DD pack to NOT turn the fuck around back into the path, and fire.

And then they turn back around into the fucking path of your torps.

You can only do so much. Chat comedy usually ensues :)

That said, the Pinky system means absolutely nothing. It's more of a reason to have a funny jab at the guy in the pink dress than anyone worrying about Team Killers. Team Killers get reputations and are are known by other means.

WG destroyed the Pinky system when they started messing with it 5 or 6 months ago. It means absolutely NOTHING now.

I've been pink 2 or 3 times over torpedoes. I can honestly say 1 could be attributed to me being a dumb-ass, the other two, well, all you can do is make sure it's clear, chat out a warning to your DD pack to NOT turn the fuck around back into the path, and fire.

And then they turn back around into the fucking path of your torps.

You can only do so much. Chat comedy usually ensues :)

That said, the Pinky system means absolutely nothing. It's more of a reason to have a funny jab at the guy in the pink dress than anyone worrying about Team Killers. Team Killers get reputations and are are known by other means.

WG destroyed the Pinky system when they started messing with it 5 or 6 months ago. It means absolutely NOTHING now.

You can't really expect someone to see chat 100% of the time. You shouldn't fire unless it's impossible for an ally to turn into it. (because they will)

Got my first pinky. Was playing solomen islands as a destroyer, three other destroyers were with me torping the alley way. Out of nowhere one of my cruisers just barrels into the alley and is getting ripped a new one by enemy torps...the last torp he hits is mine....tk. 5 battles to go and I can clear my name.

Play a CV if you have one. Pink planes all over is hilarious.

What, no opinion on the new captain skill layout ?

I am excited for it. I should have a few 19 pt captains. I heard something about extra XP being able to go onto captains. I was excited about that.

I haven't really looked into it deeply though. Just what I heard on a twitch stream.

I have several 18 pointers. Should be interesting.

They have also built up considerable post-18 point scores. I have one with over a million points.

wow, i had 2 admirals boxes waiting for me to claim/open.. dont know how long they were there, but they must have matured!

one was a batch of paint
other was a Prince Eugen!

Now, I have absolutely no reason to be in T8 games (hell, I feel outta water in t5 or 6 most times :banghead:), so I guess I will do be a bunch of practice in co-op before I pop into random.. that is, unless someone wants to teach me how to play?

;)

And even more fun, if you play a T8 ship, you'll most likely end up in Tier TEN games due to matchmaking :)

wow, i had 2 admirals boxes waiting for me to claim/open.. dont know how long they were there, but they must have matured!

one was a batch of paint
other was a Prince Eugen!

Now, I have absolutely no reason to be in T8 games (hell, I feel outta water in t5 or 6 most times :banghead:), so I guess I will do be a bunch of practice in co-op before I pop into random.. that is, unless someone wants to teach me how to play?

;)

I wish I would have played way more co-op than I did. I have done 99% of my games, from the start, in random and because of that I killed my averages in random and am having a hell of a time getting my averages above 50%, even though im playing much better a year later.

Yup, my co-op average is better.. LOT better.

I just dont have a lot of time to put into the game. ya know, real life tends to get into the way. Not to mention, I need a new chair. I cant sit much more than an hour or 2 before I cant move due to back pain..

sooo.. between life (which takes priority) and bad back issues from my chair, I just dont get to play as much as I would like. I used to spend 4-6 hours nightly playing EQ2, and can barely sit for an hour now.

Yup, my co-op average is better.. LOT better.

I just dont have a lot of time to put into the game. ya know, real life tends to get into the way. Not to mention, I need a new chair. I cant sit much more than an hour or 2 before I cant move due to back pain..

sooo.. between life (which takes priority) and bad back issues from my chair, I just dont get to play as much as I would like. I used to spend 4-6 hours nightly playing EQ2, and can barely sit for an hour now.

I play mostly coop these days. Since they fixed it to where I can at least make like 30-50k credits a match if I don't do something dumb. I still average around 60% solo in pvp, but I just can't bring myself to care about it any more. I rather enjoy shooting the bots and looking at pretty ships. Plus the battles are quicker and less stressful, I'm looking forward to having some more PVE content with those convoy raids or whatever.

That was the one aspect of armored warfare I liked a lot, I played a ton of the coop mode, PVP was just downright terrible compared to world of tanks, but PVE was great fun especially since you could form a platoon of the entire team (5 man). Get on TS, blast some bots and have a good time.

I play mostly coop these days. Since they fixed it to where I can at least make like 30-50k credits a match if I don't do something dumb. I still average around 60% solo in pvp, but I just can't bring myself to care about it any more. I rather enjoy shooting the bots and looking at pretty ships. Plus the battles are quicker and less stressful, I'm looking forward to having some more PVE content with those convoy raids or whatever.

That was the one aspect of armored warfare I liked a lot, I played a ton of the coop mode, PVP was just downright terrible compared to world of tanks, but PVE was great fun especially since you could form a platoon of the entire team (5 man). Get on TS, blast some bots and have a good time.
Just wait until they put the PvE convoy missions into the game. Pretty happy about that.

Also, finally got the Z-46. Really enjoying the Z-46 over all of the german DD line. Doing 4.2k ap salvos on a gearing is hilarious in of itself.

PvE convoy missions!? Cool!

I don't really care about PvE in this game but I do like the special events. Convoys could be cool.

When do the captain skills hit?

Fuck you WG. Fuck you for putting the Kamikaze on sale after I worked so hard to WIN the damn thing.

And after the destruction of the IJN DD line, it is the last true stealth DD Torpedo Ship. 5.4 Detection with 15 point captain and appropriate upgrades. 7k Torp range, 68mph Torp Speed.

Down Sides - 1. It turns like a pregnant duck (for a DD). 2. Don't get seen. You get toasted pretty easily. 3. Typical shit IJN guns.

Don't ask questions. Don't think about it. Just do it. go buy it. It's only $13.

If you already have the Fujin, PASS. It's the same exact ship.

Fuck you WG. Fuck you for putting the Kamikaze on sale after I worked so hard to WIN the damn thing.

And after the destruction of the IJN DD line, it is the last true stealth DD Torpedo Ship. 5.4 Detection with 15 point captain and appropriate upgrades. 7k Torp range, 68mph Torp Speed.

Down Sides - 1. It turns like a pregnant duck (for a DD). 2. Don't get seen. You get toasted pretty easily. 3. Typical shit IJN guns.

Don't ask questions. Don't think about it. Just do it. go buy it. It's only $13.

If you already have the Fujin, PASS. It's the same exact ship.

Ooooo it's on sale!? I had like 250 pts and needed 265. I missed an entire week because I was sailing around the Carribean on the Disney Boatz :)

I liked that you had to earn it. I'd prefer try didn't sell some ships and maybe did different campaigns where you could earn it again (or doubloons).

What next? The flint? Although the British DD diminished th Flint's uniqueness a bit I still want it. Only two more seasons to win...

Holy crap!

One of my buddies who I play nearly all of my games with has gotten a bunch of them, hes hit 50k free XP 3 times and 20 million credits twice, as well as gotten an Atago. Meanwhile I continue to get a whole lot of nothing.

One of my buddies who I play nearly all of my games with has gotten a bunch of them, hes hit 50k free XP 3 times and 20 million credits twice, as well as gotten an Atago. Meanwhile I continue to get a whole lot of nothing.

pretty much the same for me, i quit doing try your luck a while ago and just do the consumables so at least i get something out of it and saves me 60k+ credits a game.

pretty much the same for me, i quit doing try your luck a while ago and just do the consumables so at least i get something out of it and saves me 60k+ credits a game.

Yeah, I do two credits and one consumable per night. They add up quick, I actually really like this system tbh.

Yeah, I get like 5 flags every time.

Best I've done is 250 repair parties.

Yeah I've only gotten 2x250 fire flags (which I don't mind). I wish I got speed flags though.

I turned off stats tracking. I cared about WTR too much. I think I've actually been playing way better.

Those British cruisers are fun. The torps make up for the complete shit dmg against BBs. On the Leander...

Yeah I've only gotten 2x250 fire flags (which I don't mind). I wish I got speed flags though.

I turned off stats tracking. I cared about WTR too much. I think I've actually been playing way better.

Those British cruisers are fun. The torps make up for the complete shit dmg against BBs. On the Leander...

I stopped caring about stats a long time ago, but losing due to a bunch of BB's clustered behind an island 25km from the fight gets my blood pressure up big time.

You guys have bad luck!
I've gotten 8 super containers so far :p

2 x 10 mil credits
2 x 250 det flags (burned through almost all of them)
1 x 250 fire flags
1 x 250 increase flooding chance (use on cvs and dds)
1 x 50 ocean soul camos ? (or one of the premium camos)
1 of the repair party ones, i guess that equates to about 5 mil credits worth of premium repairs.

well, its not so much bad luck for me, I just dont get to play long enough to collect more than 1, maybe 2 a day. and I dont usually play every day.

Leander good, fiji great, edinburgh good, neptune complete awesome, minotaur mostly awesome, just not as awesome (for its tier) as neptune. You've made it past the worst of the line, it's all up from leander. Neptune in a 7's game shits on everything more than the minotaur shits on 8's. I mean, you get something like a pensacola or a myoko, man..neptune is putting out more damage every 4.4 seconds than they get in their 15 second reload (or whatever pepsi reload is).

Near the end of the match, all that was left was a Moskva off on the edge of the map. I rushed him bow on and 1v1 murdered him without torps for 62k and he only managed 7k on me.
fqrzw3i.jpg

aWJuor9.jpg

832 hits... holy broken mouse buttons batman!

how many shots fired?? curious of the hit rate
I got lucky as this was on tears of the desert and I sat by the islands as their entire team tried to BB rush from the NE to the SW of the map down the middle...All the BBs sailed broadside past me, angling against my teams battleships but staying exposed to me. With smoke and mountains, I had sent out 250k dmg before I took a single hit of damage.

One Iowa sailed past me broadside probably doing 1/4, then tried to reverse bow tank against our battleships....I was 6km away sitting in smoke and just wailed on him. 2.8 second reload on 10 guns of AP is beautiful. It's like turning on a hose of liquid steel.

Last edited:
I got lucky as this was on tears of the desert and I sat by the islands as their entire team tried to BB rush from the NE to the SW of the map down the middle...All the BBs sailed broadside past me, angling against my teams battleships but staying exposed to me. With smoke and mountains, I had sent out 250k dmg before I took a single hit of damage.

One Iowa sailed past me broadside probably doing 1/4, then tried to reverse bow tank against our battleships....I was 6km away sitting in smoke and just wailed on him. 2.8 second reload on 10 guns of AP is beautiful. It's like turning on a hose of liquid steel.

Jebus, that looks like a mean game :) you must have annoyed the crap out of those bbs, haha , If I see minotaur smoke, unless I'm in a MO, I won't go near it.

It's pretty hilarious how quickly the mino can rack up damage if it gets in the right spot.

Reactions: Droc
like this
So, been playing mostly the german DD line and I guess I will do a mini review.

tier 2-4:: Fun torp boats with 2x1 torp tubes on the bow. Pretty hiralous chasing boats while trying to torp them.

tier 5: 100% completey garbage, you can stealth torp, but you guns are worse than the stock kawachi. The shell loose so much speed at 4 km that you can only hope hit slow battleships, but the guns do go 360 degrees.

tier 6: First ship to get the 150 and hydro. The shell travel time is pretty good, but you will get gun down by russian DDs and <7 km US DDs. And good luck on citadeling anything with those guns, because it's a crap shoot.

tier 7: Has a concealment less than the mahan. And that pretty much sums up that ship.

tier 8: You get to revise the 150 guns again. This is where you because the DD hunter that you are. With CE, you get 6.4~km detect and 4.2km sonar. Detect the DD and do a 2-3k HE alpha strike on him before he sees you, but good luck on doing a second salvo not detected. 9.5 km torps with a 90 sec reload is pretty handy.

tier 9: This is where the line really shines. 3x2 guns (second turret does 350 degrees while being able to fire) with a 4 sec reload really hurts DDs, especially the AP. Sonar goes up to 4.68km, which really helps on finding DDs in smoke. To really hammer it home, here is a video of me getting a suprise mogami next to me and then me kicking his ass.

I have to say that for solo play, I would rather play a Z-46 over a fletcher. For group play, a fletcher is better.

*edit* And for extra value, here is a kill secure with a Montana.

Holy shit I just had a Cynic Bomb go off in my head....

I've always said that WG was fucking brilliant at generating revenue from a "free" game. It just hit me that the 6.0 update/Captain Re-Structure is yet another example of this.

\Cynic Mode On

I don't know about you guys, but I have a shitload of Premium ships. Some bought, some won, some I don't remember. Santa hit me with quite a delivery :)

Anyway, because of this I tend to have a few full-bird captains (15-18 point). I assign it to a ship of a class, say DD, and configure it so it's useful on every other Premium DD in the nation. There might be a compromise here and there, but nothing terrible.

In fact, once you hit 18 points, you can create a captain that is very useful in EVERY ship of a nation, excepting Carriers. They are too specialized. Again there may be 1 skill thats a compromise, but you still have a very flexible captain that can be used on a dozen different ships.

I think that just became a lot tougher with the new captain skill layouts.

The problem is the skills are MUCH more granular and spread out than they were before. This is not a bad thing. You can tune a captain to a particular ship much better with this update. BUT, when you do that, you lessen the ability to share it across the nations line, especially with a different ship class.

No complains. Just an observation. Another clue at how fucking brilliant WG is at generating revenue :)

\Cynic Mode Off

I don't think it's necessarily about revenue with the new captain tree. I think they are really trying to introduce some variation to builds. For exactly the reasons you mention, almost every cruiser uses the same builds, most of the time the variation is taking demo or AFT. Same for DD's, sure you can do a gunboat build or a torp boat build, but that's really all you do. I think it will be good for the game if you can truly have 3, 4 or 5 really different, yet viable, builds for the different kinds of ships. I think BB's will really see this, you'll have survivability build, stealth build, AA build, secondary build etc, that will be even more different than they are now.

I don't think it's necessarily about revenue with the new captain tree. I think they are really trying to introduce some variation to builds. For exactly the reasons you mention, almost every cruiser uses the same builds, most of the time the variation is taking demo or AFT. Same for DD's, sure you can do a gunboat build or a torp boat build, but that's really all you do. I think it will be good for the game if you can truly have 3, 4 or 5 really different, yet viable, builds for the different kinds of ships. I think BB's will really see this, you'll have survivability build, stealth build, AA build, secondary build etc, that will be even more different than they are now.

yeah i think BB's benefit the most from the changes, DD's will get shafted hardcore especially T7+ russian DD's which will basically get nerfed out of existence, and cruisers will continue to be the red headed step child where there's no significant change.

I still have a LOT of trouble with the horseshoe-guns, but I keep trying.

It's a lot like pissing into the wind lol

Back