World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Fun playing with you today, Business6! (He's a monster in the NM)

I prefer team play, so if you guys see me online (same username), do hit me up.

Had a fun game this weekend. Some guy in a DD said "I'm gonna try to kill that carrier" right at the start. Thought to myself 'he's dead, but what the hell' I in my Kuma and another fast cruiser ran up the edge then cut in amongst islands. They were scattered all over hell. Pop around a corner and swoosh! Rinse, repeat. 5 kills, all torp.

Had a fun game this weekend. Some guy in a DD said "I'm gonna try to kill that carrier" right at the start. Thought to myself 'he's dead, but what the hell' I in my Kuma and another fast cruiser ran up the edge then cut in amongst islands. They were scattered all over hell. Pop around a corner and swoosh! Rinse, repeat. 5 kills, all torp.

That shit doesn't work on me, but it's surprising how often it does. Five kills. That makes for a good game.

That shit doesn't work on me, but it's surprising how often it does. Five kills. That makes for a good game.
well.. I decided to be a panzi and have found it somewhat enjoyable that from the start of the game instead of crossing through any islands I would use autopilot to zip up and down my side of the map while focusing 100% on aiming cannons/artillery and shooting. :D On a couple games I managed to score 3+ kills ... I think the enemy players that have been heavily damaged sometimes try to escape by running through the islands hoping there's no one on the enemy-side of the map, except they happen bump into me as my autopilot cruises me along :D :D :D

Every now and then I have to make adjustments to the autopilot waypoints, and even sometimes certain circumstances require me to stop autopilot to avoid torpedoes or other reason. One time my rudder jammed so autopilot became useless :\

Attempting to play with the T3 USN BB is maddening, when you consistently get paired with dumbasses. I would love to level up to the next tier, but getting the XP when paired with morons is hard. every few games you get a team that play for the objective and understands the different ship roles.

Otherwise it is a clusterfuck.

2 places, top left where it shows all your modules, below that it'll have an arrow pointing to the next ship(s) you can research, click the one you want then at the top right of that window click research..

second place go to the list of the ships, right click the one in the list you have available to unlock right click the ship click research.

I hate the text over the background in port. I had to google to figure out how to buy the next ship. It's just so difficult to see. Needs a translucent background on the menus IMO.

Give me somes option like 'default to MODULES tab and default all ship info EXPANDED.

I ain't in port to stare at my purty ship :p

Attempting to play with the T3 USN BB is maddening, when you consistently get paired with dumbasses. I would love to level up to the next tier, but getting the XP when paired with morons is hard. every few games you get a team that play for the objective and understands the different ship roles.

Otherwise it is a clusterfuck.

The first BBs are a pain in the ass. You just dont have enough range. With the next lvl BB having 14km range and your often paired against them, your just a heavy cruiser.

Tier 8 Mogami gameplay since I won't do an overview before the patch on Wednesday with all the changes happening to the Mogami.

Fun playing with you today, Business6! (He's a monster in the NM)

I prefer team play, so if you guys see me online (same username), do hit me up.

Likewise, thanks for covering my ass, haha.

The first BBs are a pain in the ass. You just dont have enough range. With the next lvl BB having 14km range and your often paired against them, your just a heavy cruiser.

That's exactly what people should consider the Kawachi and South Carolina. The SC isn't a bad ship at all when played that way.

that was a fun game i sank 2 bbs 1 cv and troops where in the water on there run to the last bb when we caped out:( and 19 planes. all this in a 1v2 cv match our other cv was afk. and i never go hide i always stay close to the fleet sometimes i get sunk but i always get way more kills that way then when i hide

once the fix comes for BB's and close range firing in the next big patch the kawachi and carolina shouldn't be to bad.. especially the kawachi since the ship is absolutely worthless if you're firing at something closer than 8.6km.

Well I got into the Wyoming and into B hull and talk about a beast. I am loving it. Dropped 4 cruisers with 4 cits and 6 cits no sinks on enemy BBs in one game. But sailing a BB makes me appreciate CAs that hunt the DDs (my fav thing to do) at the outset of the match even more. They can literally tear you apart and you cannot hit them.

We should have a [H] division

EDIT: *tears* Enemy battleship and I had an epic well-timed face off in the midst of battle where we circled in very close proximity exchanging fire against each other while at full throttle and max steering. Though I lost, there was much honor and much emotion!

Last edited:
Sigh, patch delayed.

:(

Shoot...

Well had a few good matches but met my first real dipshit playing BB. Shit talking everyone about how crappy we all were, fags, losers etc. Mr big shot that abandoned the team to get a quick kill and die in the first 2 minutes sits back and runs his mouth the rest of the match. Biggest bummer? The stupid report feature wasn't working... FML.

Everyone else reported his dumbass.

Man... Playing a BB is tough when none of the CAs or CVs want to help with AA cover ~.~

2 games I lost 30k hp in the first 5 minutes to torpedo and dive bombers... one game I lasted maybe 4 minutes when 3 torpedo bomber groups attacked from multiple angles, I ate 6 torpedoes :p

Man... Playing a BB is tough when none of the CAs or CVs want to help with AA cover ~.~

2 games I lost 30k hp in the first 5 minutes to torpedo and dive bombers... one game I lasted maybe 4 minutes when 3 torpedo bomber groups attacked from multiple angles, I ate 6 torpedoes :p

I love making BBs eat torps. I look for the ones by themselves. :). Try full reverse and turning away from the torps.

Right? Then the little fuck bags complain you didnt pull your weight. :rolleyes:

Why didn't anyone tell me that the Aoba is this much fun? Except I've been consistently thrown into T6-T9 games in this boat since I got it.

Last game on hotspot--totally odd situation: using the Iowa next to me as a meat shield (because, um, obviously), we come around the corner on an opponent Iowa. They nearly collide, but that leaves me wide open for a full torp in his side from 3km when he was already committed to his turn.

I love making BBs eat torps. I look for the ones by themselves. :). Try full reverse and turning away from the torps.

Right? Then the little fuck bags complain you didnt pull your weight. :rolleyes:

I am regularly out front, usually i play with a friend who plays a CA, and he gives me AA cover, and goes after the DDs that charge in... but yesterday I was mostly on my own... lol it's brutal out there. One match the enemy team had 2 x T7 carriers, we had 1 T9, in the first few minutes they sunk our carrier... in the following few reduced my HP by 24K or so :p.

I actually had to start timing my attacks between waves of bombers!

woohoo! finally got the Colorado, fully upgraded using freexp...

Man those guns.. the shots spread so much I will miss a ship that is perpendicular to me at like 12K :( , but it sure does hit hard on a citadel :p

So after 2 tiers of BBs, I have come to 2 conclusions.

1. The first 2 tiers of USN BBs are inaccurate crap. Hopefully next tier gets better.

2. It has made me a far better Pensacola player. I am lethal now.

Loving destroyers. Much more fun than CAs or BBs. Can't wait for those later tier Imperial Navy ones, with lots of torpedo tubes. Once you learn how to properly aim long lances, and time your attacks, when big ships are busy, then you can net some sweet kills.

Loving destroyers. Much more fun than CAs or BBs. Can't wait for those later tier Imperial Navy ones, with lots of torpedo tubes. Once you learn how to properly aim long lances, and time your attacks, when big ships are busy, then you can net some sweet kills.

Don't bother going past Tier 5

like silver said, after T5 IJN DD's suck balls til you get to T9/10 but the T6/7 grind is rage quit worthy.. USN DD's 2-5 are meh but 6-10 get insanely good. 9/10 are closer to IJN DD's with torp range but WAY BETTER guns.

So after 2 tiers of BBs, I have come to 2 conclusions.

1. The first 2 tiers of USN BBs are inaccurate crap. Hopefully next tier gets better.

2. It has made me a far better Pensacola player. I am lethal now.

they get much better the further up you go, the next major patch should solve some of the inaccuracy problems the T3/4 BB's have at closer range.

Those DDs offer immense speed... First thing I learned is not to rush at full, or you get ganked faster than you can cook aspharagus. Now learned how to sneak between islands, trying to get good salvo. Will have to get the premium account for faster XPs and some dubloons to move the captain I got on my tier 3, so I wouldn't loose points. Still, it's damn fun game, and I like it more than WoT.

What I'd love to see? Some crew members on deck and changeable weather and day/night cycle. Along with some German and British ship tiers. And, it would be total fun, if you could use the planes from WoP on carriers. Can think of some island invasions, with ships protecting landing vessels, which drop tanks, and airplanes above. Would be more fun than BF1942 :)

NOTHING will ever be more fun than BF1942 was. Stalingrad was rape-ville. Loved that damn game.

like silver said, after T5 IJN DD's suck balls til you get to T9/10 but the T6/7 grind is rage quit worthy.. USN DD's 2-5 are meh but 6-10 get insanely good. 9/10 are closer to IJN DD's with torp range but WAY BETTER guns.

This is hopeful. I rapidly lost interest in the Nicholas because it's no fun to drive. Heck, I preferred the Furu to it!

definitely better than WoT. no more BS 30 second rounds with 1 shot kills cause shitty MM. So much more relaxing of game. still only tier 3 though and i've only been going through destroyers.

We should have a [H] division

EDIT: *tears* Enemy battleship and I had an epic well-timed face off in the midst of battle where we circled in very close proximity exchanging fire against each other while at full throttle and max steering. Though I lost, there was much honor and much emotion!

i'd go for this.

definitely better than WoT. no more BS 30 second rounds with 1 shot kills cause shitty MM. So much more relaxing of game. still only tier 3 though and i've only been going through destroyers.
Feels like a good ol' game of Battleship in an evolved, immersive and personal form :)

pic288374.jpg

World of Warships is the next level for grown-ups :D

though I will admit...i think torpedoes are quite over powered.

early yes they can be, after tier 6 they're pretty mediocre. mostly because T6 and higher everyone buys the rudder control modifications on their ships which allows you to basically turn on a dime along with being able to see torps from 6km+ away.

Well, torpedoes should be OP... that's like it was on Pacific. Until US ships started to use radar and US NAvy got air superiority, the Japanese Long Lances were killing allied ships left and right. Places like "iron bottom" near Guadalcanal were proof of that :)

Well, torpedoes should be OP... that's like it was on Pacific. Until US ships started to use radar and US NAvy got air superiority, the Japanese Long Lances were killing allied ships left and right. Places like "iron bottom" near Guadalcanal were proof of that :)

but this is game not real life.

Back