World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Don't have a kuma, I was that guy and free xp'd past the tenryu and kuma and went straight into a fully upgraded taco, because I just didn't feel like playing them. I guess I could sell the taco, don't need it along with an aoba and the myoko.

The kuma is awesome.. :) I was getting some rounds of close to 100k dmg in it, my average is something around 48k.

I moved through the Kuma super-early in my WOWS career (hahaha), back when I was absolutely terrible rather than just mediocre. I should go dust it off again and see how she drives. I remember her playing like a DD.

Never knew that kill stealing is a thing in WoWs. Someone decided to "enlighten" me on the topic.

lb2LXTs.png

Gotta love low tier games. Doesn't matter that I did 10k damage to the St. Louis before he even engaged him.

Never knew that kill stealing is a thing in WoWs. Someone decided to "enlighten" me on the topic.

lb2LXTs.png

Gotta love low tier games. Doesn't matter that I did 10k damage to the St. Louis before he even engaged him.

LOL!!!

I love ragers, had someone rage on me because I got the last 8k dmg on a cleveland, which had been firing on me for a good 2-3 minutes before I turned my guns to him in the fuso. Sure! let him keep setting me on fire while you get that "kill shot"

lb2LXTs.png

Wow! That struck a nerve, hoo doggy. (of course I love your inflammatory response--perfect)

yep, it appears there is no reason to hold them, so spend them on the prize boxes whenever they are available.

Holy shit I hate CVs. picked up the langley, watched some straffing videos....get wreked everytime. Sell CV...for the 3rd time

Last edited:
another pretty good game in murmansk goes to waste when the rest of the team can't do shit. Still, finishes the T5 kills part of P-R. Kraken, Confed & high caliber, 140k damage.

Smr9GEy.jpg

QD6PQ8s.jpg

cUjM7Pg.jpg

Yeah I think they add new ones weekly. St louis is awfully tough at T3. High risk/reward option is derzki. You can have 0 kills or 5 kills if things break your way. St louis is tough to get more than 2 or 3 since it's slow & range isn't great.

another pretty good game in murmansk goes to waste when the rest of the team can't do shit. Still, finishes the T5 kills part of P-R. Kraken, Confed & high caliber, 140k damage.

Smr9GEy.jpg

QD6PQ8s.jpg

cUjM7Pg.jpg

You know your team has gone and fucked up if you do double xp of the second top xp earner on your team. Nicely done dave.

You can skip pearl missions!?

Yep. Not sure how many total pearls will be available, I thought I saw something like 290, so you can skip a couple of items and still make it to 260. I think that was based off the SE asia pearl contest.

I'm looking for a buddy or two to play with. I'm typically in a Tirpitz or a Yamato. If I could play with another Yammy, that would be fun.

Name is Derpido_Bomber

lb2LXTs.png

Ah. He's a Seal. Club the bastard :)

Assuming we don't lose power, and that's a big assumption, I'll probably be playing a ton of WoWs this weekend.

Not much more I can do with 24-30" of snow falling.

Holy shit I hate CVs. picked up the langley, watched some straffing videos....get wreked everytime. Sell CV...for the 3rd time

yeah sold off all my carriers never looked back since.. then the stupid APR kongo mission forced me to re-buy one to finish the 150 plane kills and it just further proved why i quit playing them since they're complete trash now.

I moved through the Kuma super-early in my WOWS career (hahaha), back when I was absolutely terrible rather than just mediocre. I should go dust it off again and see how she drives. I remember her playing like a DD.

Kuma's pretty nuts.. she eats DD's alive and most cruisers besides the st. lui.

yeah sold off all my carriers never looked back since.. then the stupid APR kongo mission forced me to re-buy one to finish the 150 plane kills and it just further proved why i quit playing them since they're complete trash now.

Kuma's pretty nuts.. she eats DD's alive and most cruisers besides the st. lui.

Yeah and I heard the Lexi is getting a nerf... Strafing is wayyy too powerful IMO. My favorite thing to do in my Hiryu vs US carriers is engage their fighters (after strafing) with one squadron then my second squadron I strafe his stationary, engaged fighters. I end up with a squadron left and my two torp / two dive bomb squadrons free to wreck havoc.

I did see a Hiryu in a T9 game, what a joke... That shouldn't happen.

Just hide your Kuma's citadels from me. :)

Yeah and I heard the Lexi is getting a nerf... Strafing is wayyy too powerful IMO. My favorite thing to do in my Hiryu vs US carriers is engage their fighters (after strafing) with one squadron then my second squadron I strafe his stationary, engaged fighters. I end up with a squadron left and my two torp / two dive bomb squadrons free to wreck havoc.

what nerf is it getting?

all the USN carriers from T8-10 need a nerf, and yes getting a hiyru in T9 isn't uncommon, i actually got put in a T10 game with mine when i was using it for the ARP kongo shit.. so the other hiyru and i agree'd just to fight each other with our fighters at the far side of the map since there was literally nothing either of us could do in the match since the alt torp drop makes TB's useless dropping at max range to avoid the 10km AA.

Check your Camo !!!

I was feeling like my scores were lower than they should be, and I was getting detected and blow'd up sooner than I should be. Then I noticed. My Camo was gone !!!

They finally took away the New Years Camo.

Didn't realize Business streams his matches until after I got a torp to the face in the Bly. I would have been more careful and not gone into the islands of death. (But what fun is that?) It kinda amazes me that I still ranked not at the bottom. I guess I took half the health from two DDs.

Did ok that Hiryu match. 8 torps / 7 bombs... I did try to keep the dds spotted, especially in the beginning. Unfortunately you don't get points for that. Considering the other carrier was fighter spec I'll take it!

Anyways, had fun! Pretty much my normal bipolar matches. Not suiciding my Hiryu is always a plus.

what nerf is it getting?

The guy was bitching in chat about it after his planes got slaughtered. I tried finding it by Google but couldn't.

Last edited:
all the USN carriers from T8-10 need a nerf, and yes getting a hiyru in T9 isn't uncommon, i actually got put in a T10 game with mine when i was using it for the ARP kongo shit.. so the other hiyru and i agree'd just to fight each other with our fighters at the far side of the map since there was literally nothing either of us could do in the match since the alt torp drop makes TB's useless dropping at max range to avoid the 10km AA.

Midway can just delete a Yamato. It's ridiculous and no skill.

Midway can just delete a Yamato. It's ridiculous and no skill.

I am only on T7 but I imagine it has to take some skill. :). Thing is I never see really good matches with carriers. I had that one that was 2k exp / 140k dmg / 47 planes but that was my best ever. Other ships I've gotten up to 3k. Chibe's gone a bit over 3k.

I'd imagine if the Yamato had a few cruisers the planes would have a tough time? Never mind it only takes on good strafe to take out a few squadrons.

The bottom line for me is my avg experience for T7 ships, both the Bly and Colorado are 1800s. My Hiryu is only 1300s.

Last edited:
Check your Camo !!!

I was feeling like my scores were lower than they should be, and I was getting detected and blow'd up sooner than I should be. Then I noticed. My Camo was gone !!!

They finally took away the New Years Camo.

I thought you baught it for 1k gold and it was yours forever?

New years camo was just a 30 gold per use thing, not the perma-camo that a few ships could by.

I thought you baught it for 1k gold and it was yours forever?

No, thats an optional one, and I don't think it's available on all ships.

And it only gives 50% bump in XP.

I also think 1000 dablooms is a bit over the top.

I am only on T7 but I imagine it has to take some skill. :). Thing is I never see really good matches with carriers. I had that one that was 2k exp / 140k dmg / 47 planes but that was my best ever. Other ships I've gotten up to 3k. Chibe's gone a bit over 3k.

I'd imagine if the Yamato had a few cruisers the planes would have a tough time? Never mind it only takes on good strafe to take out a few squadrons.

The bottom line for me is my avg experience for T7 ships, both the Bly and Colorado are 1800s. My Hiryu is only 1300s.

Nope. If you are light on AA, like late into a game, Midways just start deleting ships from the map. Nothing you can do unless your CV is up and competent. T8+ turns into who has the better Midway wins the game. I mean, I know -- counter play, team play, etc etc. But if you are in a bigger ship and a Midway wants to kill you, you will be dead.

basically T9/10 carriers you just flood your target with planes, since USN gets 1 extra plane over IJN + 1 plane with the skill.. if you send all your bombers and TB's at a single target it's like 40+ planes the AA's having to shoot at so you're dunzo.

played a couple of games with chibe, this was probably the highlight, took him under 7 minutes to get the kraken, it might have been closer to 6. His xp probably would have been higher, but I ate one of his torps trying to get away, so he probably lost a bit there.

At1aOK4.jpg

basically T9/10 carriers you just flood your target with planes, since USN gets 1 extra plane over IJN + 1 plane with the skill.. if you send all your bombers and TB's at a single target it's like 40+ planes the AA's having to shoot at so you're dunzo.

Sounds like I need to grind to tier 10 then!!

I saw someone post something about cleaning up the visuals. Whats the definitive word on making this look better. Jaggies are brutal and my 980 hardly shrugs at this

Heh, I was so disappointed when I did the grind up to IJN T9 CV and never even bought one because the nerfs were so bad. If I had gone USN, would have been fine.

Grumble grumble, I went IJN because I like the number of squadrons you get. More versatile, using one as bait, forcing BBs to repair then attacking with the rest, ect. Hopefully I won't regret the choice later.

Them reducing the flooding % is killing me though, I used to do 40k dmg just in flooding.

I would really like that five point skill. 5 planes vs 4... 25% increase in planes in the air is nothing to shake a stick at. Maybe then I'll get closer to 1500 exp/game. My average.

Looks like the tier 10 U.S. Carrier gets 6x8 = 48 planes vs the IJN 8x5 = 40 planes? I think I'd prefer the extra squadrons... I think.

Last edited:
Lost 9 straight today, I don't think even vegas has bent me over like that before. Trying to finish that win 15 BB matches, stuck at 12. Had some decent to good games in there, several with 100k+ damage, none of them have been even close though..

Back