World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Use + or - on side keypad.

And I really wish this game had a damn built in screenshot feature

theres a replay feature, dunno if it does screenshots, but i've always used fraps to do my screenshots in any game even if it had it's own built in option.

Well, definitely doing a video for this match, holy shit:
Ym92puA.jpg

CfjANsu.jpg

nice work.. yeah i think my highest hit count was using the omaha, had 385 hits in one match, was pretty nuts. but damn 11 citadel hits with an omaha is insane.

Nicely done, the Omaha when played correctly can be a beast.

It's glorious. I love this ship.

nice work.. yeah i think my highest hit count was using the omaha, had 385 hits in one match, was pretty nuts. but damn 11 citadel hits with an omaha is insane.

Lol, 385 hits? Holy shit. I've been well into the 200 range a number of times but damn, that's completely ridiculous.

I managed 23 citadels with the Omaha a couple of days ago as well:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041728517&postcount=118

Dam, did the enemy just go belly up? Would love to see that video!

I'm uploading the video at the moment so you'll get to see for yourself :D Definitely luck of the draw, as is always the case in these scenarios.

Like, dam, need to steal your mojo. I am so bloody inaccurate that I rarely get a cidatel hit :(

Bahaha I just had the best game - not the highest scoring. Was only 2k with the 1.5x multiplier.

I was in the Hosho. This destroyer chased me across the entire map. I kept trying to torp him. (What is with the torp planes not doing good spreads against smaller ships?) Eventually he caught up, I was manually circling an island so he couldn't torp me and at the end of this 10 minute chase one of my blind secondary gunners got a devastating strike on him, took more than half his HP. :) Won by points. I was the only one left against a DD and three BB's. Bahahahaha

About 20 years ago as a kid (holy shit) I used to play Great Naval Battles of 1942. I wish this game was out then...

Bahaha I just had the best game - not the highest scoring. Was only 2k with the 1.5x multiplier.

I was in the Hosho. This destroyer chased me across the entire map. I kept trying to torp him. (What is with the torp planes not doing good spreads against smaller ships?) Eventually he caught up, I was manually circling an island so he couldn't torp me and at the end of this 10 minute chase one of my blind secondary gunners got a devastating strike on him, took more than half his HP. :) Won by points. I was the only one left against a DD and three BB's. Bahahahaha

About 20 years ago as a kid (holy shit) I used to play Great Naval Battles of 1942. I wish this game was out then...

lol nice work, not easy dodging a DD in a carrier.

lol nice work, not easy dodging a DD in a carrier.

He started the chase with, "I love the smell of burning carrier in the morning." To one shot him from half health unexpectedly at the end was glorious.

It almost makes me want to spend a point on the secondary gunnery skill.

Please don't tell me it was actually 20 years ago. I really enjoyed playing Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic.

I just started playing this weekend.

draksia if any one wants to add me. Trying to grind though the ships.

the ups and downs of WoWS can be painful..

IENGJCc.png

and then theres times where no matter what you do you're teams impossible to carry..

at what tier do u start to earn some decent cash , is it like 6 or 7 like in world of tanks ?

My money ship is the Omaha. 250k-350k reliably with 450-500k every now and then.

There is a noticeable increase at tier 6 and my New Mexico, Fuso, Cleveland and Aoba can earn a 300k average. The more damage you do to higher tiered ships the better. I've already been in Tier X matches in the NewMex/Fuso, lol

My money ship is the Omaha. 250k-350k reliably with 450-500k every now and then.

There is a noticeable increase at tier 6 and my New Mexico, Fuso, Cleveland and Aoba can earn a 300k average. The more damage you do to higher tiered ships the better. I've already been in Tier X matches in the NewMex/Fuso, lol

If you want a money ship, you should be playing Premium ships. They earn cash at something like 3-5x any like-class ship.

been having an issue lately

seems like every match if it lasts long enough and I live long enough all ship positions freeze

kind of hard to do well when the battle is ongoing but your positions are not updating, seems like it happens 6 or 7 minutes in, getting pretty damn sick of it.

at what tier do u start to earn some decent cash , is it like 6 or 7 like in world of tanks ?

for me my money ship is the minekaze without premium i average 150-200k silver consistantly.. tier 5-6 USN navy cruisers or the IJN premium cruiser are the more consistant money makers.. above tier 6 repairs cost a heck of a lot more so 1 bad game can kill your silver average.

been having an issue lately

seems like every match if it lasts long enough and I live long enough all ship positions freeze

kind of hard to do well when the battle is ongoing but your positions are not updating, seems like it happens 6 or 7 minutes in, getting pretty damn sick of it.

never seen that before, sounds like a desync problem on your end for some reason.

If you want a money ship, you should be playing Premium ships. They earn cash at something like 3-5x any like-class ship.

Only the Atlanta and Atago, neither of which I'm paying $40-50 for. The Murmansk consistently earns over 300k for me but I've actually made more with the Omaha on an average than the Murmansk.

The point was that a premium ship isn't needed to make money quickly so long as your play is above average. The amount of bad players running around in Atlantas and Atagos is frightening.

Only the Atlanta and Atago, neither of which I'm paying $40-50 for. The Murmansk consistently earns over 300k for me but I've actually made more with the Omaha on an average than the Murmansk.

The point was that a premium ship isn't needed to make money quickly so long as your play is above average. The amount of bad players running around in Atlantas and Atagos is frightening.

agree.. after seeing the first week after they put the atlanta back into OBT i'm glad as hell they removed it for those few weeks... though to be honest i enjoy hunting down wallet warriors more than i care about winning the game sometimes. most of them are so damn bad at the game some one has to put them back where they belong.

agree.. after seeing the first week after they put the atlanta back into OBT i'm glad as hell they removed it for those few weeks... though to be honest i enjoy hunting down wallet warriors more than i care about winning the game sometimes. most of them are so damn bad at the game some one has to put them back where they belong.

I don't get the rage against "wallet warriors." Are people just jealous they can buy premium vehicles or something? Besides, these "wallet warriors" are the ones that keep the developers afloat so the zero-expenditure leechers can keep enjoying the game.

I won't call anyone a wallet warrior because that means something different to everyone. Bought a port slot? Wallet warrior! 1 month premium? Wallet warrior! Etc etc. Personally, I don't give a damn if they paid but the problem is that they were available when OBT went live in the first place.

You don't learn the game at tier 8, you learn it getting to tier 8 (hopefully.) So the quality of play is drastically reduced at higher tier when it should be improving. Not saying that without premium ships at high tier everyone plays like pros, because they really didn't in CBT. But most of these players might as well have a Hashidate or Erie at tier 8 for all the good it does them.

You can spend your entire paycheck on the game, that doesn't change anything for me. But when you play, just pull your goddamn weight if you're running an upper tier premium.

Also, I do target the Atagos first and foremost because they usually make themselves the easiest targets by running aground, being stationary or moving backwards at 5kts.

I won't call anyone a wallet warrior because that means something different to everyone. Bought a port slot? Wallet warrior! 1 month premium? Wallet warrior! Etc etc. Personally, I don't give a damn if they paid but the problem is that they were available when OBT went live in the first place.

You don't learn the game at tier 8, you learn it getting to tier 8 (hopefully.) So the quality of play is drastically reduced at higher tier when it should be improving. Not saying that without premium ships at high tier everyone plays like pros, because they really didn't in CBT. But most of these players might as well have a Hashidate or Erie at tier 8 for all the good it does them.

You can spend your entire paycheck on the game, that doesn't change anything for me. But when you play, just pull your goddamn weight if you're running an upper tier premium.

Also, I do target the Atagos first and foremost because they usually make themselves the easiest targets by running aground, being stationary or moving backwards at 5kts.

I just figure most of these people are easy targets :) Every serious player should have a tier 8 premium ship/tank in their stable though. Its the only sane solution to credit generation above tier 8. 9 and 10 are impossible to fund without a tier 8 premium.

And I'm in. Love the idea of warships so I think I'm going to geek out over this.

Ya think there's just a lot of clueless independence in this game? I don't see much coordination. I admit I'm struggling to apply strat myself.

Its getting really grindy, WOT was faster paced than this! I just got my Aoba and Mutsuki and it feels like it took me forever to get to tier 6, at least 1.8x longer than WOT.

Its getting really grindy, WOT was faster paced than this! I just got my Aoba and Mutsuki and it feels like it took me forever to get to tier 6, at least 1.8x longer than WOT.

Get to T6 and start new line. T6+ grind is insane.

Ya think there's just a lot of clueless independence in this game? I don't see much coordination. I admit I'm struggling to apply strat myself.

Absolutely. Just had a match on Islands of Ice where the entire team avoided the cap and we lost. They were a half sector outside of it and never bothered to engage the cap at any point. I started way in the south and had 3 cruisers chasing me, unfortunately. No idea what the hell my team was trying to do :\

Also, Cleveland video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0wL_ah8Boc

Last edited:
Get to T6 and start new line. T6+ grind is insane.

it's not that bad if you have some one to play with and also if you have a stash of +50% xp signals or if you have premium. took me about a week + 30 or so signals and using every 1.5x bonus per day without premium to get through the pensacola, but thats also while switching between 5 different ships. i'm about half way done with the hatsu and also working on finishing the T6 IJN carrier. down side to rushing all that though is not having the silver, i'm 3m short on the new orleans and need another 9m for the T8 DD + 5 or 6m for the T7 carrer.. choices, choices..

Back