World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

They still work. Use them every match, especially relative guns lock. It's probably the most important keyboard function since you can have fix target position command work automatically. I manually override that all the time

I wish they would fix the right click. It's broken, and it seems to be only on the bigger ships or higher levels.

This is where you uncheck the option to "return to original position" or some thing like that. When I hit the right button and look around, I want it to zoom back in where i have it pointed, not whip my neck around to where it was before I hit right click. It works on smaller/lower level ships but it's busted elsewhere.

Well. my worst fears happened over these past few days.

Soviet bias.

Several games in my Yamato and Tirpitz where myself, and other ships, were decimated by the Tier X Russian DD Khabarovsk.

The ship, essentially, has a rather large invisible fire window. It also, has 8 fast firing, low arc, hard hitting guns with ~18km range and 12% chance of fire if you have the captain spec, it's also very fast ( 43kts ). Had a lunch game today where our Midway was dealing with the enemy Midway. Our left flank was a Yamato, Montana, Tirpitz and a Kagero. The single Khab set myself and the other two battleships on fire - we all repair after a couple fires. He sees and hits the Kagero, Kagero is hit bad and retreats. Then, the Khab sets 3 fires apiece on myself and the other two BBs. We all had to run with all three battleships at 60% health or less and 3 fires set and the whole left flank fell apart.

People were joking that the glorious worker revolution destroyers would be stronger than capitalist pig battleships. They are easily, though.

Last edited:
I wish they would fix the right click. It's broken, and it seems to be only on the bigger ships or higher levels.

This is where you uncheck the option to "return to original position" or some thing like that. When I hit the right button and look around, I want it to zoom back in where i have it pointed, not whip my neck around to where it was before I hit right click. It works on smaller/lower level ships but it's busted elsewhere.

the only issue i have with the zoom is if you have a ship at sub 10km targetted and you're in a battleship/cruiser and zoom back in the camera angle is way above your ship then snaps right back to where it should be, drives me friggin insane. i've never had it do what you're saying though.

Your welcome Business. Next time, I'll make sure I take all the screenshots for the post battle.

Also, pro-tip: Don't shoot AP at a battleship if your in a Cleveland :p

Yeah, I'm trying to think of *any* edge case where that is sensible. Super close to a T4 and lower BB?

Cleveland = immolator. Let it do that job. :)

Each one was unique. but i grabbed a few codes to give to friends so i will try dig up one of those.

Sent you a code only one I can spare at the moment though. Or at least I think I sent it, it is not showing up in my sent messages for some reason.

Last edited:
I can not :(. Sucks that they are over already.

NM, still have it: RTY5G-DACX5-6NGC8-WXEN*

the * = the number five

Your welcome Business. Next time, I'll make sure I take all the screenshots for the post battle.

Also, pro-tip: Don't shoot AP at a battleship if your in a Cleveland :p

lol had a guy in a phoenix firing AP rounds into my battleship, i just kinda ignored him.. killed everyone around him then one shot him after he had fired probably 50 rounds into me and did almost no damage.

Is the Aslains Mod installer legal, or will it get you banned ?

Man, I love the NC :p had an awesome match last night, 2900 base xp. made 480k, 8k xp with bonus / flag
128,000 damage in about 28 landed hits ( 24 + 4 citadels) , I'd say most of that was from the Tirpitz(s) as well.
(I love the NC relative to the Colorado , I haven't used the Iowa yet )

Is the Aslains Mod installer legal, or will it get you banned ?

I haven't been banned yet, I just use a custom reticle. It is modifying game assets but it does not seem like they are looking for modified local assets.

I haven't been banned yet, I just use a custom reticle. It is modifying game assets but it does not seem like they are looking for modified local assets.

I'm not sure that I want it, I do pretty good with it on the angled shots. plus, if at some point they do force you to remove it, and you've become used to it, it would semi-suck!

ok maybe i want it.

I'm not sure that I want it, I do pretty good with it on the angled shots. plus, if at some point they do force you to remove it, and you've become used to it, it would semi-suck!

ok maybe i want it.

I like the custom recticle, not sure it really helps with my shooting.
It would suck if they removed them but Aslains has been doing this since World of Tanks, so its probably a non issue.

I like the custom recticle, not sure it really helps with my shooting.
It would suck if they removed them but Aslains has been doing this since World of Tanks, so its probably a non issue.

WG really doesn't care much about mods anymore unless they REALLY screw it up like the old WoT mods that would alert you on the map of things like tree, buildings, etc being knocked over.

I mean there are some mods that are borderline cheating, like reload timers, but they are still allowed.

is it just a crosshair? or is it the aim assist/lead indicator? I heard those were gone.

is it just a crosshair? or is it the aim assist/lead indicator? I heard those were gone.

As of a few weeks ago when I installed one (without issues), it was merely a different crosshair overlay. Makes it a little nicer to line up shots, but doesn't magically give you any predictions of where the boat will be.

Ok, so what do I want next?

The Pensacola T7 Cruiser or....

The New Mexico T6 BB ?

At this stage you kinda have to pick one to throw resources at, or it'll be the year 2525 before I see either :)

Few people enjoy the Pensacola whereas the NM hits above its weight tier-wise. Then again, you may be like me and much prefer cruisers to BB's, and your decision is already made.

Ok, so what do I want next?

The Pensacola T7 Cruiser or....

The New Mexico T6 BB ?

At this stage you kinda have to pick one to throw resources at, or it'll be the year 2525 before I see either :)

Few people enjoy the Pensacola whereas the NM hits above its weight tier-wise. Then again, you may be like me and much prefer cruisers to BB's, and your decision is already made.

The pensacola is much hated it seems, I enjoyed it, it's not terrible, but not great, it's just an average ship, you can cit other cruisers for a good amount of damage.

Also the Pensacola -> New Orleans -> Baltimore are very similar, however the DeMoines is awesome, fire rate of 10 per minute (6sec reload), I don't mind the New Orleans as much as some people, I'm not looking forward to the Baltimore though.. more of the same at a higher repair / re-arm cost.

The New Mexico is fun, short ranged but fun, the Colorado I enjoyed about as much as the South Carolina, the North Carolina I love.

So take your pick, the American CA from 7-9 play like mini-battleships in their fire rate and slow turrets, but with the mobility of a CA. Where, at T8 the BB gets much faster (27.9Kn upgraded) and I believe 30Kn on the iowa, making it only a few Kn short of the Cruisers, they still turn slow as hell and have slow moving turrets though.

I have a Pensacola and basically abandoned the US CA line because of how stale this ship felt. I went down the US DD line, which is very very fun but currently I'm on the Wyoming and working towards the Iowa. My understanding is at VI the NM would be the better ship, for sure.

My vote is NM, coming from a Pensacola captain.

Yeah, but shitty cruisers annoy me :)

NM it is.

I have the Cleveland, which gets me into ranked play, and my Loi, Omaha and Murmansk. And the Kuma. I think I have all the fun cruisers. The Atago I have is like the worst of CA and BB rolled into one. I HATE the thing. I still think it has sliding glass windows in its side.

NM will get me into a ranked BB.

Got my Phoenix today. Enjoying it so far.

79 battles,
97.47% win percentage
KDR 3.12

Nice playing with you, Bananax/DigitalViper. Those were a pair of very interesting rounds.

I have now collected valuable data as to what happens when a New Orleans rams a Yamato, lol.

i love my pensacola.. once it's fully upgraded it's a beast.. new orleans is basically the same friggin ship except for a gun layout change that isn't worth the 20m it costs to buy and fully upgrade.. baltimore is meh, and the des moines is a wannabe Atlanta with way less guns and accuracy.

if you're more into a brawling playstyle high tier IJN cruisers are better.. if you like a more support role and are accurate with long range shots then the USN cruisers are still fun as heck.

Nice playing with you, Bananax/DigitalViper. Those were a pair of very interesting rounds.

I have now collected valuable data as to what happens when a New Orleans rams a Yamato, lol.

um.. the new orleans dies a ball of a flames and i won't say how i know that. ;) although the actual collision damage is mechanics are retarded. for example yesterday, full steam 100% hp in my kongo right across the bow of a stationary wyoming with 25% hp.. we both instantly exploded... yeah.. gg wargaming.

the things you learn when you're bored and you know your team sucks to much for it to matter one way or the other..

Last edited:
the things you learn when you're bored and you know your team sucks to much for it to matter one way or the other..

Oh yes... that do happen a lot of times. YEsterday sailing my South Carolina, with 1 more battleship and 3 cruisers around one of the islands. Enemy battleships and destroyers show up. Cruisers start firing... at battleships, completely ignoring destroyers. Ofc, competent DD players come at battleships. Managed to kill one of them, the other 2 just fired all their torps from different angles, game over.

On the other hand, my St.Lo is XP hoarder :) About 2k easily in battles, due to large number of guns and hits on enemy ships... will get to Cleveland in no time, propably will grind XP for BBs too in it :)

I'm still doing something wrong. I can come out of a game with 150 hits, a dozen citadels, 4 sinks, set on fires, incapacitation a, etc... And come away with less than 1000 XP.

You guys that keep getting these 4000-8000 XP runs.... I just don't have a damn clue any more.

Yes, I have a premium account and yes, I do double XP weekends.

I'm still doing something wrong. I can come out of a game with 150 hits, a dozen citadels, 4 sinks, set on fires, incapacitation a, etc... And come away with less than 1000 XP.

You guys that keep getting these 4000-8000 XP runs.... I just don't have a damn clue any more.

Yes, I have a premium account and yes, I do double XP weekends.

Screen cap of the three pages? Were the ships higher/same/lower tiers?

Back