World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

The CVs in ranked make it ROUGH to win if your CV doesnt take out the power player... god help you if the power player is the other CV.

World of Warships 5_30_2019 20_48_45.png

Anyone playing ranked? I havent had a ton of time, but have managed to get to 13. The damn rentals almost always turn a game against you or for you. Last night I had a game with *5* rentals on the other team. We won with one rental Yamato that was actually pretty good.

Anyone playing ranked? I havent had a ton of time, but have managed to get to 13. The damn rentals almost always turn a game against you or for you. Last night I had a game with *5* rentals on the other team. We won with one rental Yamato that was actually pretty good.

I am, rentals don't mean bad, some people know how to play the class without having played a ship specifically.

OK, had to post this one :) I don't try it often, so when it works out, gotta flaunt it.

the first salvo I aimed too far up, second salvo fixed that problem

Last edited:
LOL.

In all my years playing, I have never actually rammed someone. I have been rammed, but never rammed. Gonna have to change that lol.

Edit: I lied. I just checked my stats and I have in fact rammed at least one ship.

LOL.

In all my years playing, I have never actually rammed someone. I have been rammed, but never rammed. Gonna have to change that lol.

Edit: I lied. I just checked my stats and I have in fact rammed at least one ship.

I was not going to survive much longer, I might have been able to Kill that DD, but I figured the heavily armored radar cruiser was not a bad option, and it's guaranteed vs trying to live long enough to kill the DD. So fire at the DD and ram the cruiser :) best of both worlds. and we lost still lol

I was playing a bit today... but i just had to stop. I kept getting on teams where after 5 minutes everyone on my team had yolo'd and it was me in a North Carolina vs a full health Tier X monster and his gang of Iowas.

so i started grinding USN CLs and man....the transition from KM BBs is kinda hard. but the woooooooster is a menace. i always feel dirty playing her.

1.jpg

NICE battle.

thanks brother :)

btw, i'm 90% certain that subs are coming. the new naval legends episode features a gato class sub and there are quite a few rumours that WG will reveal subs to the CCs during the upcoming event in russia. gotta say, i used to be opposed to subs but being german .... it's hard to resist. what do you guys think?

thanks brother :)

btw, i'm 90% certain that subs are coming. the new naval legends episode features a gato class sub and there are quite a few rumours that WG will reveal subs to the CCs during the upcoming event in russia. gotta say, i used to be opposed to subs but being german .... it's hard to resist. what do you guys think?

they did another naval legends of a sub early on in the series along with non combat ships so that doesn't really tell much.

Well they just got closer to sorting out the CV mess, so I guess by new years it would be a good time to fuck it all up with subs. lol

Only my fourth match reaching 300k and the only one that isn't in a Minotaur
JG0fZR0.jpg

I had a broadside Lenin and Montana but couldn't nuke them. 400k was literally two salvos away, lol

Daym dude, monster game :) I'm almost at the kremlin.

Yeah it's honestly a frustrating ship to shoot with because the "dispersion buff" that it has inconsistent as shit. It's such an arbitrary implementation and feels like a completely unnecessary addition to the game.

I had a perfect shot lined up against one of the worst players in the game tonight, for instance, and hit him for 17k in his Yoshino when broadside at 8km. A little later on he comes around an island and I drop all 9 shells into his nose for 20k. Nowhere near enough damage to kill him and then he rolls up for an 82k 8 torp dev strike on my ass because there's no room for anything resembling skill. It's incredibly frustrating.

Yeah it's honestly a frustrating ship to shoot with because the "dispersion buff" that it has inconsistent as shit. It's such an arbitrary implementation and feels like a completely unnecessary addition to the game.

I had a perfect shot lined up against one of the worst players in the game tonight, for instance, and hit him for 17k in his Yoshino when broadside at 8km. A little later on he comes around an island and I drop all 9 shells into his nose for 20k. Nowhere near enough damage to kill him and then he rolls up for an 82k 8 torp dev strike on my ass because there's no room for anything resembling skill. It's incredibly frustrating.

Grinding away for it :) almost there.

shot-19.06.29_11.48.02-0598.jpg

I wont lie, I have had a hell of a time making good hits into the Yoshino for some reason. Des Moines, Buffalo or North Carolina cant seem to connect even at >14km broadside. But they sure seem to have an easy time beating me up. I miss when the game was mostly real ships.

lol and a new personal damage record with 2 rams
Z8gUqk4.jpg

32 of those shell hits were bounces. It was a 9v9(!) and ended with 3621 base xp. Goddamn

Just after I posted here I played a game and watched a friendly Kremlin body slam a Yamato and sail away, zero fucks given.

Wow.

LMAO, you survived 1 ram for a second go?

Stalingrad rammed me and I went all in against the Yamato that remained. I had heals to work with but I didn't want to risk the Yamato getting away. Both teams had a Hakuryu and they had a secondary fight to round out a weird, crazy match

Just after I posted here I played a game and watched a friendly Kremlin body slam a Yamato and sail away, zero fucks given.

Wow.

Kremlin'll do that, haha

Played for the first time since 8.0's CV fuckery. After one match... fuck this game. Sucks as I still have over 500 days of Premium time left too.

First, still mad about how CVs were ruined. I put time, effort and money into that tech tree and the latest update hasn't made me feel better about it.

I was also bored.

I still hate the CV changes, but I’ve gotten used to it. The game has improved in other ways at least.

Update! I noticed WG kissed my ass for being gone so long I found a million free XP in my account. I also tried CVs again with my KAGA and it still sucks since 8.0. Yeah, double fuck this game.

Last edited:
I've been trying to play the T4 carrier, the Jap one, and how in the world do you survive attacking anything once your are facing something a tier higher? I mean, a lone T5 destroyer is wrecking my flight before I can even attack. I'm not flying in a straight line to them either. Facing T3 and T4s is fine, but look at a 5 and planes dead immediately.

Last edited:
I've been trying to play the T4 carrier, the Jap one, and how in the world do you survive attacking anything once your are facing something a tier higher? I mean, a lone destroyer is wrecking my flight before I can even attack. I'm not playing in a straight line to them either. Facing T3 and T4s is fine, but look at a 5 and planes dead immediately.

IT's generally the same, I hardly see T6 carriers in t8 games, so I think MM has had some smarts added to it.

I've been trying to play the T4 carrier, the Jap one, and how in the world do you survive attacking anything once your are facing something a tier higher? I mean, a lone T5 destroyer is wrecking my flight before I can even attack. I'm not flying in a straight line to them either. Facing T3 and T4s is fine, but look at a 5 and planes dead immediately.

Entirely depends on what you're attacking and when you're attacking it.

A Nicholas is a no-fly zone for Tier 4 carriers. An Okhotnik, Minekaze or even the new Hill? Dead meat.

A Tier 5 Oktober Revolution has monstrous AA under 3.5km but if he's low health he's probably lost a lot of his AA and you might get your attacks off more consistently.

Back