World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Ok, after watching all the Kill Squad video’s on YT, I’ve come to a conclusion..,,,,

Division play needs to be taken out of ranked.

That is all. Resume ships work.....

Getting used to the Buffalo. It can really put out some damage when I have support from BBs, but I cant skirt around like the other cruisers. So slow to turn... I have to train myself to hang back and be patient. But man that radar. Pop it near the cap and watch all the team fire just light them all up. lol. Its especially fun when I get tiered down, they are not expecting radar.

But I am not a fan overall of T9/10 play lately. Its just a camp fest on most games, an the BBs just sit at the back of the map. I gotta try ranked.

Last edited:
Finally, done. With a few hours to spare... hardest & closest call to NOT ranking out

upload_2019-2-26_0-25-34.png

Getting used to the Buffalo. It can really put out some damage when I have support from BBs, but I cant skirt around like the other cruisers. So slow to turn... I have to train myself to hang back and be patient. But man that radar. Pop it near the cap and watch all the team fire just light them all up. lol. Its especially fun when I get tiered down, they are not expecting radar.

But I am not a fan overall of T9/10 play lately. Its just a camp fest on most games, an the BBs just sit at the back of the map. I gotta try ranked.

Try spotter plane if you are running solo/randoms. DDs usually get themselves killed without radar anyways.

Yeah I kind of like the radar and hydro.

Try it before you bash it. There’s enough radar and CVs already for spotting dds...

I heard Alaska is inconsistent with her guns. I’ll watch some streams but I don’t care for being at the mercy of rng.

Try it before you bash it. There’s enough radar and CVs already for spotting dds...

I heard Alaska is inconsistent with her guns. I’ll watch some streams but I don’t care for being at the mercy of rng.

If there are enough CVs why bother with a spotter ;P I'd rather have smoke piercing radar !

I have spotting planes on all my 8 and under cruisers, radar seem more effective vs smoke. Ill try it tonight though. Nothing to lose.

Wait... did you just fucking delete a Yamato with an American Cruiser?

Jesus

Some Musashi, some Yamato but yes sir

0:50

6:39, 9:37, 25:30

A bunch more lying around somewhere, lol. It's fun

Got one game in before work :) Will be a fun evening as I learn how to play it ;P

I wish you luck. The Henri, Conq and Harugumos will be out in force. RNCLs do an immense amount of damage to the Alaska very, very quickly as well.

I love up close brawlers. With the random play so stagnant, I am always trying to flush out camping CAs, this is the ship to do it in.

Only need another 700k FXP... :sadface:
Just dont have the time to grind that kind of FXP.

I have about 600k saved up. I am NOT spending a dime on xp conversion at the current rip off rates. We shouldn’t have to fucking pay to convert it anyway, but that’s another soapbox....
I had 1.2m or so before the carrier change over, I burned through a few of the free xp flags ;P after the carrier change it was over 2m

I have 3-4 million convertible Xperia tired up, but I’m not doing anything with it until the next conversion rate sale. Maybe not even then.

Some Musashi, some Yamato but yes sir

0:50

6:39, 9:37, 25:30

A bunch more lying around somewhere, lol. It's fun

I wish you luck. The Henri, Conq and Harugumos will be out in force. RNCLs do an immense amount of damage to the Alaska very, very quickly as well.

Dude, I am liking it so far :) 4 games in, getting the hang of it, I thought about going double rudder as well, given that CVs are always around and concealment is non-existent with them there.

I was hoping for something like this, since I can never seem to find enough clan members to battle, but JC Wargamming. Could you have made it any more fucking complicated?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/naval-battle-clans-competition/

Naval Battle: Clans Competition
02/18/201936340

We welcome a new event for Clans to come together and earn valuable resources every week!

If you and your clanmates get past the qualifying Preparation mission during the week, you will be able to pit yourselves against other Clans in a ‘Clan Battles’ format at the weekend. Win these Engagements and earn stars by completing special missions to take home the biggest possible haul of resources!

What’s in it for my Clan?DurationClan RegistrationPreparationEngagementRewardsDetails

87bace1e-2f6b-11e9-bf3a-d89d6715223c_1200x.jpg

[paste:font size="5"]dedicated article.

Up until now it has been possible to earn Oil as a reward for completing combat missions, challenges, and events, or to obtain it from containers. But with Update 0.8.0 comes another way – the Naval Battle competition.

[paste:font size="5"]
87764c3a-2f6b-11e9-bb8a-d89d6715223c_1200x.jpg

7953810a-31ea-11e9-b70c-d89d6715223c_1200x.jpg

• The mission conditions depend on the total size of the Clan.
  • It can be completed from Monday till Thursday in battles of any type, except for Training Battles.
  • The maximum Contribution of each player is limited. Thus, the more active players you have, the easier it will be to achieve the common goal.
  • You can check the progress of the common mission completion, as well as your Contribution towards it, in the Preparation tab in the Naval Battle section. There you can see the date and time until which it’s possible to complete the combat mission.
  • The common combat mission is divided into several parts, the completion of which will bring you Oil.
Once your Clan has completed the mission, a message will be displayed confirming its successful completion. If the Clan doesn't fully complete the mission, it will not receive access to the next stage. However, it will still earn Oil for the progress that's been made.

82f2a54c-31ea-11e9-87fb-d89d6715223c_1200x.jpg

The Clan objective is to surpass its opponent by the number of stars earned for completing the missions on the table.

To start completing the missions, players need to enter the Naval Battles section in the Clan tab, and confirm their participation in the competition by pressing the “Count Attempts” button. From that moment, their attempts will be counted as part of the common result of the Clan.

Note that the series of battles counted in the Engagement can be interrupted at any time. If you quit an unfinished battle and interrupt the series of battles by pressing the 'Count Attempt's button, the result of this battle will still be counted as an attempt.

If a player completes a mission, they acquire a star for their Clan, which gains the Clan access to a more complicated mission. An attempt is spent on each battle regardless of its result. Each player has ten attempts only for an Engagement.

An Engagement can end with a victory, draw, or defeat. The result determines the amount of Oil and number of special rating points the Clan receives. These points affect the selection of opponents for the Engagement. The Clan’s rating can be checked out in the relevant tab of the Naval Battle section. This is a non-decreasing rating, the increase of which depends on the success of the Clan in the competition during the Engagement stage.

878cd810-2f6b-11e9-bbcd-d89d6715223c_1200x.jpg

[paste:font size="5"]DISCUSS ON FORUM
PREVIOUS
NEXT
Recommended for reading:

Naval Base 2.0

LOL. I understand the feeling nearly 5000 battles and 150 ships later :)

Sometimes, you just cannot carry it... This encapsulates most of the games I played this weekend.

ywqbSGk.jpg

For those that have played the new Russian BB's....

Which one's are play through, and which one's are free XP through?

I think it's T6 that I heard is horrible, and you should just Free-XP past it. Is that accurate?

Ok. WTF have they done to my beloved conqy-Dong ?

No, I'm not talking about the raised Citadel. I know how to drive a BB and that is not an issue.

I used to be able to generate 100K games easily in this thing. A few fires here, a few fires there, finish em' off with AP.

Ha!

I'm lucky to break 50k any more, and that's living out the entire game.

She just doesn't start fires like she used to.

When she got nerfed, supposedly the only thing they did was raise the citadel a bit. It feels like the fire chance and (forgive me my brain is failing me at the moment), "dispersion thingy" have also been messed with.

I'm not finding it fun any more, though she does drive great with Legendary.

Back