World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I guess it did because I have never seen the spamming of poi, but I have seen people refer to POI in numerous games.

It's become less popular to do ingame - CBT was constant spam. Now, it's just mostly anime girls on the forums.

I basically only ran my St. Louis and rained hellfire on everyone last night. Man, I can really do some damage with that thing, and I don't care what you're in. It's the most fun ship I've seen so far.

I had one game where I took out both their destroyers, both their battleships, and a cruiser and was working on the second cruiser when some asshole capped us out. Stick and move. Stick and move. It was fabulous LOL

Do you have the Cleveland yet?

I find them to be very similar! I'm getting 150-225 hits per game on my cleveland.

St Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Mogami, Gearing and Des Moines are all fire-breathing dragons that just have to die as soon as possible, lol.

qAl2XD2.jpg
T6IWD4Y.jpg
gCBf5Ty.jpg

The 181 hits on the Iowa was an unbroken chain, lol and in that Atlanta match had 204 consecutive hits on a poor Kongo. I haven't seen someone panic like that in a long time. It's amazing how fast the hits and damage start to add up with any of those ships. Frankly, HE is just too easy to use.

I finished my Iowa overview. Less than 100k xp to the Montana but I'm going to be playing a lot more Izumo over the next week. That might be one of the most surprising ships I've used so far.

i still feel torpedoes or quite over powered..and this is coming from someone who plays destroyers a lot. I mean, 1 or 2 can kill cruisers no problem and watching 3 or 4 take out a battleship or carrier just seems nuts to me.

i still feel torpedoes or quite over powered..and this is coming from someone who plays destroyers a lot. I mean, 1 or 2 can kill cruisers no problem and watching 3 or 4 take out a battleship or carrier just seems nuts to me.

Considering it takes a long time to set up the torp shots properly while avoiding being detected, I don't see how they are overpowered at all. Especially as you rise in tiers and everyone and their mother can spot you at twice your torp range with the amount of air cover that goes out.

How can anyone that sleeps even make it to a tier VII/VIII ship?

Because, I've been playing since open beta started. And freemium time doesnt hurt at all.

St Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Mogami, Gearing and Des Moines are all fire-breathing dragons that just have to die as soon as possible, lol.

qAl2XD2.jpg
T6IWD4Y.jpg
gCBf5Ty.jpg

The 181 hits on the Iowa was an unbroken chain, lol and in that Atlanta match had 204 consecutive hits on a poor Kongo. I haven't seen someone panic like that in a long time. It's amazing how fast the hits and damage start to add up with any of those ships. Frankly, HE is just too easy to use.

I finished my Iowa overview. Less than 100k xp to the Montana but I'm going to be playing a lot more Izumo over the next week. That might be one of the most surprising ships I've used so far.

I tried the Mogami on the test server, it was awesome, TBH, I found it better than both the T9 and T10 Japanese Cruisers.

Yep. I still think the St. Louis is the rapid-fire fiend of the group.

The thing about the St Louis is that's it's completely ringed with guns. You can turn in circles all day long and you've always got guns pointed at your target, or fire from one side and switch to somebody 180 degrees away in a few seconds.

The turrets on the Cleveland rotate pretty quick, especially if with the commander ability to speed up rotation, but there are still times when you turn and have to wait for the turrets to catch back up, or sit waiting with loaded guns as they traverse to a new target.

The speed and maneuverability make the Cleveland a bit more fun for me, but in the right situation the St Louis just brings a smile to your face.

The thing about the St Louis is that's it's completely ringed with guns. You can turn in circles all day long and you've always got guns pointed at your target, or fire from one side and switch to somebody 180 degrees away in a few seconds.

The turrets on the Cleveland rotate pretty quick, especially if with the commander ability to speed up rotation, but there are still times when you turn and have to wait for the turrets to catch back up, or sit waiting with loaded guns as they traverse to a new target.

The speed and maneuverability make the Cleveland a bit more fun for me, but in the right situation the St Louis just brings a smile to your face.

Yep. LIke I said, hell-fire :)

I started playing 2 months ago, I have made it T8 on both the US BB And Cruisers, T5 on the CV and T6 on the Japanese Destroyer line, however I Did buy the premium time and some xp flags, though XP flags are a double-edged sword, you get XP faster, but you still make credits at the same rate, making you low on credit by the time you have the XP to research a ship, then it becomes elite, giving you the ability to convert xp to free xp, for $$ of course... brilliant. Now I only use XP flags when I need to get my captains out of the retraining period.

For me the key is to play well (don't die early, doing more damage and not getting the "kill shot" is worth more than getting that kill shot :p and utilize the bonuses.

My average XP per round is 1,886(not sure if this is base or total), Average damage per round is 36,624 (that's across all boat styles) currently I suck on the Mitsuki, I'll get 3-4 torp hits per round, I used to get nearly double on the Isokaze

http://warshipstats.com/na/player/bananax

What's yours look like?

Last edited:

If you started the first day of Open Beta then you should be very deep into the tech tree. I'm currently at 1059 matches and I really don't feel like I play much. Maybe 8-12 matches a night but I won't play for a couple days. I felt like I binged on the game last night and that was only about 15 matches.

High average XP from flags, premium time, first win bonuses and just good play makes a massive difference.

And so does free xp. Haven't skipped a ship yet but there are far, far too many people that leap frogged right to the high tiers and they're fucking terrible because of it.

I tried the Mogami on the test server, it was awesome, TBH, I found it better than both the T9 and T10 Japanese Cruisers.

The Mogami is significantly superior to the Ibuki but the Zao is different beast altogether. I'm wondering how the Zao will feel for me now having another 1000 matches under my belt from the last time I played it in CBT.

I started playing in open beta and I only play here and there. 124 matches in and I am in Tier 5 on several ships now for both Japan and USA.

The Mogami is significantly superior to the Ibuki but the Zao is different beast altogether. I'm wondering how the Zao will feel for me now having another 1000 matches under my belt from the last time I played it in CBT.

I tried the Zao on the Test server, it was ok, the Ibuki sucked in every way :) . The Zao was an upgrade over the Ibuki, but I still liked the Mogami more, longer range on the torps as well.

First match with my NC today. Totally teared it up in twin islands.

svh3yIo.jpg
158k damage done and 2787 base xp. Only achievement I didn't get was double strike and first blood.

Last edited:
I'm on a 6 month premium, and I also make sure to drive EVERY ship that has transfer capabilities when there are XP multipliers available.

I've been playing September 4th.

I have:

T4 Destroyer
T3 Cruiser
T5 Cruiser
T6 Cruiser
T5 BB
T4 Carrier
And a couple of Japanese ships. I forget the names, but they are low tier ships.

The trip to the T6 BB is a LONG road, and it actually looks like a downgrade when you compare the specs. Lots of red.

My goal is to have everything at T6 so I can play whatever I want in ranked battles. I have a LONG way to go.

If you started the first day of Open Beta then you should be very deep into the tech tree. I'm currently at 1059 matches and I really don't feel like I play much. Maybe 8-12 matches a night but I won't play for a couple days. I felt like I binged on the game last night and that was only about 15 matches.

High average XP from flags, premium time, first win bonuses and just good play makes a massive difference.

And so does free xp. Haven't skipped a ship yet but there are far, far too many people that leap frogged right to the high tiers and they're fucking terrible because of it.

Last edited:
http://warshipstats.com/na/player/steel_castles

I started playing 2 months ago, I have made it T8 on both the US BB And Cruisers, T5 on the CV and T6 on the Japanese Destroyer line, however I Did buy the premium time and some xp flags, though XP flags are a double-edged sword, you get XP faster, but you still make credits at the same rate, making you low on credit by the time you have the XP to research a ship, then it becomes elite, giving you the ability to convert xp to free xp, for $$ of course... brilliant. Now I only use XP flags when I need to get my captains out of the retraining period.

For me the key is to play well (don't die early, doing more damage and not getting the "kill shot" is worth more than getting that kill shot :p and utilize the bonuses.

My average XP per round is 1,886(not sure if this is base or total), Average damage per round is 36,624 (that's across all boat styles) currently I suck on the Mitsuki, I'll get 3-4 torp hits per round, I used to get nearly double on the Isokaze

http://warshipstats.com/na/player/bananax

What's yours look like?

If you are playing a cruiser please please please dear god please focus the DD's and don't rush in to trade with other cruisers or the BB's

I really hope this changes as I get into higher tiers... I am only in a tier 4 Wyoming so far

You know, the Cleveland is starting to turn into a focus-magnet like the Atlanta and other premium ships. It sucks.

You know, the Cleveland is starting to turn into a focus-magnet like the Atlanta and other premium ships. It sucks.

I single out Clevelands every opportunity I get. If I can choose between shooting an Atago, Atlanta, Mogami or Cleveland - I will pick the Cleveland. Chances are the Atago and Atlanta drivers are functionally retarded. The average Cleveland bro will actually land hits and be annoying.

I single out Clevelands every opportunity I get. If I can choose between shooting an Atago, Atlanta, Mogami or Cleveland - I will pick the Cleveland. Chances are the Atago and Atlanta drivers are functionally retarded. The average Cleveland bro will actually land hits and be annoying.

Plus they are easy to pop with 8"+ guns.

Spam-tlanta takes a bit more time mainly becuase the HE hose never stops and you need to hit and run or burn alive.

Either way I try and stay 10km out from either in any ship.

Ranked impressions. Could use some more work but the mode is even more dependent on players who actually know what they're doing. You can't protect yourself when teammates run off and the weight of the dead is even more difficult to carry in Ranked. Definitely a mixed bag.

Ranked impressions. Could use some more work but the mode is even more dependent on players who actually know what they're doing. You can't protect yourself when teammates run off and the weight of the dead is even more difficult to carry in Ranked. Definitely a mixed bag.

Thanks for the heads up, I might go and rebuy the NM for this :)

tier VII is relatively easy. i'm at tier VII with US BBs right now and it's >100k XP to tier VIII. doesn't help that the colorado fucking sucks. reaching tier VII took me about two months of irregular grinding, mostly on the weekends. no premium or anything.

Thanks for the heads up, I might go and rebuy the NM for this :)

Yup yup. The Colorado would be a good option as well since it has the best AA available in ranked next to a fully upgraded Pensacola. The New Mexico, Amagi, Iowa will be permanent fixtures in my BB stable. And I can't believe I'm saying this but...

...the Izumo might earn a place there as well.

:eek:

Just don't take multiple hits on the bow by torpedos on that Izumo. Had a full health Izumo try to ram me in my Tirpitz and I dropped my torps about 700m away. He went up like a pretty firecracker from the denotation.

Yup yup. The Colorado would be a good option as well since it has the best AA available in ranked next to a fully upgraded Pensacola. The New Mexico, Amagi, Iowa will be permanent fixtures in my BB stable. And I can't believe I'm saying this but...

Works well to your play style? Stranger things have happened. (And could also be that no one takes an Izumo seriously enough)

Welp, looks like MM is turning up stupid matches at high rank.

7as3l1M.jpg

I enjoyed watching your video, do more please. :cool:

Do you have to pay for any ships or can you earn them through in game pt farmng?

Back