World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

There will be new premium ship - this time Tier VI destroyer - at least it wiill be aviable in EU servers, so I believe people in US should get it to. It will be Grom (thunder) class destroyer - ORP Blyskawica (Lightning) - there were 2 made by British shipyards in late 30's, and a day before WW2, they manged to get into British ports and then serve in British navy. Błyskawica was the only shipa warded with highest Polish military medal - Virtuti Militari and now serves as museum ship in Gdynia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_Błyskawica

Yet another expensive way to get gang raped. At least this one is a bit harder to hit.

add me btw! I'm bananaX

I play 1 of each CA, DD, and BB!

So far I have ...

a Cleveland, New Orleans, Murmansk, North Carolina, Mitsuki

This game is wonky. I tried searching for bananaX a few times and can't find you.

My alias is Dayaks if anyone wants to give it a try.

After playing the BB line, I am finally getting the hang of the Pensacola. Less Leroy Jenkins, more Ronnie Lott.

This game is wonky. I tried searching for bananaX a few times and can't find you.

My alias is Dayaks if anyone wants to give it a try.

you have to search "bananax" if i remember correctly to get his name to show up.

Found it. Wasn't easy...

Patch Notes
Ships*

* These ships have been included into the version for testing purposes, and will become available to all players with the following updates.

The opening of German and Russian/USSR Tech tree are represented by the branch of German cruisers and the branch of Russian/USSR destroyers
The starting ship of Russian/USSR Tech tree patrol ship Orlan
destroyers branch represented by ships: Storojevoy – Tier 2; Derzky - Tier 3; Izyaslav - Tier 4; Gnevny - Tier 5; Ognevoy - Tier 6; Udaloy - Tier 7; Tashkent - Tier 8; Kiev - Tier 9; Khabarovsk - Tier 10.
The starting ship of German Tech tree colony ship Hermelin was introduced before and now will take her proper place in the branch
Cruisers branch is represented by ships: Dresden - Tier 2; Kolberg - Tier 3; Karlsruhe - Tier 4; Königsberg - Tier 5; Nürnberg - Tier 6; York - Tier 7; Admiral Hipper - Tier 8; Roon - Tier 9; Hindenburg - Tier 10.
3 ships were added to the premium ship collection: Polish destroyer Bliskavica - Tier 6; Russian/USSR battleship Nikolay I - Tier 4; Japanese cruiser Tone - Tier 7.

Balance changes

All ships:

The values of thickness of hull planking have been corrected. Now it is not thicker than bills planking. When we were setting the armour for the bills, in some cases we didn't realize that the center of the hull can be really "true", and on high tiers in some cases arnouor in the ceter of the hull was smaller than on the bills. This is now fixed.
Increased by 50% the number of HP points for the 4 and 5 inches main battery guns.
Redesigned the system of turrets turning on all ships. Now Main Caliber guns that meet an obstacle while turning, automatically raise (if technically possible). As a result of this redesign, the cases where main caliber guns go through other ship's elements are nearly gone. In rare cases this issue can still be found, as the fix in such caes would have lead to serious limitation or shooting range. E.g. Nagato battleship's second turret's guns are still "hitting" the raised element of the first turret, otherwise we would have had to add to their "blindspot" nearly 7 km on course of the ship.

Germany:

Battleship Tirpiz: Added Messerschmitt Bf.109 G catapult fighter plane.
Added branch of German cruisers.

Japan:

Cruiser Hashidate: Removed inner hull upgrade.
Cruiser Myoko: Mounted torpedo module type 90 mod1, the same as in Hatsuharu destroyer. Players that have researched the module for both ships will receive compensation.

Russia/USSR:

Cruiser Aurora: AA armament 7,62-mm “Maxim” machine gun changed for 76,2-mm Lender guns. Firing distance of AA guns increased to 2 km, the damage doubled.
Cruiser Murmansk: КОР-2 catapult spotter changed for "original" Vought OS2U.
Added branch of destroyers and starting ship "Orlan".

USA:

Cruiser Erie: removed inner hull upgrade.
Battleship South Carolina: Increased the number of HP points of top hull from 29000 to 31700.
Battleship Colorado battleship: Increased fire rate (to 2 times per minute, i.e. cooldown time 30 sec instead of 35) and turrets rotation speed to 4 radians per second (used to be 3).

Maps

Added the Domination mode with two control points to all the maps, except the "Hotspot".
Changed script settings of the "Domination" mode with two points. The reward for capture of enemy’s control point is 1000 points. The time of control point capture is 180 seconds.
Reduced the speed of getting points from captures points on the maps "Two brothers", "North" и "Islands of ice" from 3 points every 5 seconds to 3 points every 6 seconds.
Changed the probability of getting some of the maps.

Aviation

If the fighter planes began to carry out the "fire storm" mission, other fighters will not be able to engage them into battle until the end of the mission.

Sound

Added voice messages for Quick commands and Emoticons. Voice messages are only played once in a row, to exclude the possibility of sound spamming.
Introduced Japanese voice overs (TBA 17/09).

Interface

Quick Messages are available during battle.
Use F3 - F11 to send a short message and give commands to allies.
The messages are sent to all players or only allies depending on the chosen chat channel.
Commands are given only within your team.
Messages and commands are duplicated in the chat; the speaker is marked for a short time in the game screen and on the mini-map.
Key bindings can be changed in the Settings menu.
List of available commands:

F3 Indicate targets (targets possible to indicate: base, point, ship)
F4 Thank you
F5 Affirmative!
F6 Negative!
F7 Support required
F8 SOS
List of available messages:

F9 Great battle
F10 Good luck to all
F11 Damn and blast!

Average battle experience in player's profile in client is now displayed with premium account in consideration, but excluding the modificators (first win per day modificator, signal flags modificators, etc). Average battle experience on World of Warships Portal worldofwarships.* is now displayed the same way.

AMD Cooperation

For players with ATI Radeon GPUs (5XXX and 6XXX series) AMD released a hotfix to resolve WoWS client crush some users may experience. More details are avaliable on driver download page http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/AMD+Catalyst+15.201.1151

Ok, that random radio taking shit has GOT to go.

Why the hell did they see the need to add that? It's random and useless. I'd rather see Team Radio.

The values of thickness of hull planking have been corrected. Now it is not thicker than bills planking. When we were setting the armour for the bills, in some cases we didn't realize that the center of the hull can be really "true", and on high tiers in some cases arnouor in the ceter of the hull was smaller than on the bills. This is now fixed.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Replace the word "Bills" with Bow/Stern and it makes more sense :)

Ok, that random radio taking shit has GOT to go.

Why the hell did they see the need to add that? It's random and useless. I'd rather see Team Radio.

Yeah huge update for a bunch of annoying shit.

More fucking pointless sounds.

I was just gonna ask if anyone thought the scoring was lower than before the patch.

I haven't broken 1000 since they applied it.

Oh, and oh... .my..... That stupid F-Key Chat system they added.... I predict they either get rid of it, or there will be a WHOLE lot more pink ships showing up. It's intolerable.

Also, has anyone else noticed in random games, some of the zone letters are missing from the playing field?

add me btw! I'm bananaX

I play 1 of each CA, DD, and BB!

So far I have ...

a Cleveland, New Orleans, Murmansk, North Carolina, Mitsuki
I'm BoraHorzaGobuchul on WOWS if anyone wants to division up. I'm a thoroughly mediocre player, up to tier 6 in both US and IJN lines.

I was just gonna ask if anyone thought the scoring was lower than before the patch.

I haven't broken 1000 since they applied it.

Oh, and oh... .my..... That stupid F-Key Chat system they added.... I predict they either get rid of it, or there will be a WHOLE lot more pink ships showing up. It's intolerable.

Also, has anyone else noticed in random games, some of the zone letters are missing from the playing field?

On the official forum in the mod section there's a remove F key sound thread. Luckily I haven't had too much spam in the matches I've played today but it's like BF2 all over again when someone starts doing it.

And no, I haven't had any issue with the XP system at all. Tonight was probably my most consistent set of performances in a while outside of a complete bullshit 8k damage match in an Iowa---that we won and I survived. Outranged by multiple Yamato and Montanas so all I got to shoot at were a pair of Gearings. Really wish Ocean would be removed from the fucking game already.

Edit:
In regards to bills planking, here's the official post on the forums:
Yes, the bad translation. The true meaning is "hull's steel thickness now are set to be at least equal to that of bow/stern". This means everithing on hull that is not the armor now correctly represented. For some ships this means up to 25-30mms of construction non-armor steel.
Not sure why it was left before, as for bow and stern this was done long ago - this is why Furutaka can richochet small shells by her bow if angled.

So basically all the ships should have a little more armor.

what are pink ships?

Teamkillers.

They did enough damage to teammates to turn pink. At that point they basically have to work the damage off to return to a normal status. You can kill a teammate that turns pink in your match with no reprimand but I don't know if that's true in subsequent matches i.e.; if you start a match and someone on your team is pink, I don't know if you can still shoot them without penalty.

Take the high road and don't shoot them is my approach. Wargaming finds you just as guilty if you shoot at anyone who shoots at you, afterall.

On the official forum in the mod section there's a remove F key sound thread. Luckily I haven't had too much spam in the matches I've played today but it's like BF2 all over again when someone starts doing it.

And no, I haven't had any issue with the XP system at all. Tonight was probably my most consistent set of performances in a while outside of a complete bullshit 8k damage match in an Iowa---that we won and I survived. Outranged by multiple Yamato and Montanas so all I got to shoot at were a pair of Gearings. Really wish Ocean would be removed from the fucking game already.

Edit:
In regards to bills planking, here's the official post on the forums:

So basically all the ships should have a little more armor.

I was in a one on one battle with a St. Louis against my Omaha yesterday, and I scored 90+ hits and the little bastaad still would not sink. And I don't have to tell you how many times he hit me. Probably 25% more than that given the rapid-fire nature of the St. Louis.

We finally just ran into each other LOL

Teamkillers.

They did enough damage to teammates to turn pink. At that point they basically have to work the damage off to return to a normal status. You can kill a teammate that turns pink in your match with no reprimand but I don't know if that's true in subsequent matches i.e.; if you start a match and someone on your team is pink, I don't know if you can still shoot them without penalty.

Take the high road and don't shoot them is my approach. Wargaming finds you just as guilty if you shoot at anyone who shoots at you, afterall.

You will turn pink too if you kill a tker in subsequent matches, unless it's by torpedo.. it seems torpedo kills are not punished so heavily, probably due to the nature of accidental torp kills, really hard to accidentally blast someone with shells, over and over again.

I think we've all stuck our torpedo where it didn't belong at least once.

Last edited:
I think we've all stuck our torpedo where didn't belong at least once.

Bahahaha. At least once.

175k damage !

Nice! These are my details. I was wandering around the wargaming website since my install was corrupted by the latest patch.

Highest Score

Experience 3,585
Damage caused 151,128
Warships destroyed 7
Aircraft destroyed 44

I have a tendency to fire on the dds and take those out first. That probably doesn't help. :) You think I'd remember taking out seven ships. I don't remember that game!

Are you guys on the EU server? It's the only one that comes up for me. Could explain why I can't search people..

Last edited:
I see guys in YT videos pulling XP scores of 7500 and damage scores of over half a million. I don't get it. Even when I last an entire round, have over a hundred hits, dozen or so planes down and several sinkings I get an XP score of like 1700 and damage like 125k.

Bahahaha. At least once.

Nice! These are my details. I was wandering around the wargaming website since my install was corrupted by the latest patch.

Highest Score

Experience 3,585
Damage caused 151,128
Warships destroyed 7
Aircraft destroyed 44

I have a tendency to fire on the dds and take those out first. That probably doesn't help. :) You think I'd remember taking out seven ships. I don't remember that game!

Are you guys on the EU server? It's the only one that comes up for me. Could explain why I can't search people..

The latest patch blew up my install too. I had to uninstall, remove the fragments, then reinstall from scratch.

I see guys in YT videos pulling XP scores of 7500 and damage scores of over half a million. I don't get it. Even when I last an entire round, have over a hundred hits, dozen or so planes down and several sinkings I get an XP score of like 1700 and damage like 125k.

Yeah I sometimes breach 2500 XP in a match where I do very little (seemingly) but it apparently was something significant. Yesterday had a game in Pensacola where I dropped 2 torp bomber wings in quick succession at the start of match, survived the match with a few hits, no sinks, got like 3500xp. :eek:

Makes no sense to me, but hey, I only play to get called a homo on chat by 12 year olds. :D

Yeah I sometimes breach 2500 XP in a match where I do very little (seemingly) but it apparently was something significant. Yesterday had a game in Pensacola where I dropped 2 torp bomber wings in quick succession at the start of match, survived the match with a few hits, no sinks, got like 3500xp. :eek:

Makes no sense to me, but hey, I only play to get called a homo on chat by 12 year olds. :D

Wait, did they patch in voice now?

No one has had a match with damage scores that high outside of the training room. The highest damage in a match in the world so far was 451k on the EU server. And only one player in the world has achieved a base XP over 5800. If you're talking about modified XP, that's easy as hell to achieve, especially during special events with higher first win multipliers:

wksmzXL.jpg

And, again, it has little to do with the hits compared to the quality of hits and what you're hitting.

Nice business. I'm half tempted to switch to the America server to play with you folks but I invested so much :\

No one has had a match with damage scores that high outside of the training room. The highest damage in a match in the world so far was 451k on the EU server. And only one player in the world has achieved a base XP over 5800. If you're talking about modified XP, that's easy as hell to achieve, especially during special events with higher first win multipliers:

wksmzXL.jpg

And, again, it has little to do with the hits compared to the quality of hits and what you're hitting.

do you have the AA efficiency upgrade?

do you have the AA efficiency upgrade?

I have all the requisite captain skills to boost the AA and the second slot upgrade for AA as well, yes. I use the third slot for increased main battery accuracy but I've been considering trying out the other AA upgrade in that slot, too.

I have all the requisite captain skills to boost the AA and the second slot upgrade for AA as well, yes. I use the third slot for increased main battery accuracy but I've been considering trying out the other AA upgrade in that slot, too.

I see! good stuff, that's a lot of planes shot down :) I did notice that I shoot down more planes on my NC than I do on my NO, however, that could be because I also get attacked by planes more often on the NC.

I did notice that I can actually hit the citadelle on the Iowa with my NC, on the Colorado, I could not at all, most of my shots would just bounce. For the life of me, I CANNOT get a Cit on the Tirpitz! I have probably landed 150 hits on tirpitz's and not a single cit :(

Back