World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Solo HIV is alright. DD stole my CV kill, fallowed me as I ran the CV down and then he waited and fired for the kill. Would have been 8. 2nd highest dmg in the HIV global after Quang
pSsJMMO.jpg

j7YpEYe.jpg

Last edited:
Solo HIV is alright. DD stole my CV kill, fallowed me as I ran the CV down and then he waited and fired for the kill. Would have been 8. 2nd highest dmg in the HIV global after Quang
pSsJMMO.jpg

j7YpEYe.jpg

Well, that's just goddamn ridiculous

I told you you would eventually like the HIV..
Still not impressed with the HE, but the AP has been able to land me impressive long range, odd angle citadels. Able to bow citadel a DM multiple times.

I have noticed since the last major patch, I have been getting minotaur citadells on montanas at range (like 14k) lol. Odd :)

I have noticed since the last major patch, I have been getting minotaur citadells on montanas at range (like 14k) lol. Odd :)

yeah i never understand the montana, one patch the montana's fine next it's broken, then it's fine again for a few patches and again it becomes broken.

If you look up the last two weeks and at least 100 games the highest WR is 63%. I think it's just a tough season to carry.

Last edited:
I think I used all of my luck in Ranked today :p so i took 3 losses back to back in random with high scores :<

shot-17.07.11_02.30.16-0698.jpg
shot-17.07.11_02.30.34-0275.jpg
shot-17.07.11_02.30.44-0449.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the side plating on the Iowa and NC were about the same?
I struggle to get a citadel on the Iowa using the HIV until ranges are sub 10km.
But the HIV citadels the NC at the waterline at any range, even 18km.

Got 4 in a row then lost 2. Figured it was a good time to stop, and clearly I need to stick with FU Buki.

upload_2017-7-12_0-27-15.png

Hindinberg or Montana. I have enough XP saved up to get one or the other.

If this Fubuki turned about 50% better I'd be a holy terror in this thing. It turns like a pregnant duck

I did the exact same, 4/5 and stopped. I'll probably avoid playing until Monday. "Only" 7 stars to go.... which can be 100 games for all I know. :dead:

I've been playing Shino but Fubu is very tempting.

Set it up with RDF and go fighting Ray Charles style :) It's so damn satisfying to hit a target you never even saw LOL

It also helps when you can point the team to the closest targets.

The only bad thing? Seeing that word "Located" come up on the screen. FUCK! He's doing it too :)

Every now and then I come across some sort of "Super Hard Mode" that's being considered. Anyone know anything about this?

I played two horrific games last night and bailed early. Two really horrible losses right off the bat. It was obvious the MM was against me last night so I called it early and had Cheese Crackers and Tea instead.

My own game play was less than Steller as well. I guess it just wasn't a good night for WoW's :)

One Example:

Nick/Realm: Steel_Castles/na
BattleType: Ranked Battle
Ship name: Fubuki
Ship Class: Destroyer
Ship tier: 6
Battle level: 6
Tier difference: 0
Mode: Domination
CV/BB/CA/DD: 0/4/4/6
Result: Defeat
Credits: 30292
All credits: 65886
Kills: 0
Damage: n/a
Ship avg. damage: 21843
Ship max. damage: 220101
Exp: 190
All exp: 585
Ship avg. exp: 916
Ship max. exp: 4617
Map: Trident
Start time: 2017-07-17 22:41:47
Duration: 0:07:08
Planes taken down: n/a
Main battery fired: n/a
Main battery hit: n/a
Torpedoes fired: n/a
Torpedoes hit: n/a
Ships spotted: n/a
Distance (km): n/a

Only playing half a dozen games a night these days, and of that only 2-3 ranked per night. But I hit R4 last night.
Tried using the fuso, but its so hard to deal damage with. I played one where I felt I was slugging it out like a beast and when I checked, I had not even cracked 50k by the 10min mark. The Warspite still performs miles better with its 10-20k salvos, although the fuso seems to take much more of a beating. It does seem like there are many more Fusos than any other BB right now. I had one last night where of the 10 BBs, I was the only non fuso. And the fuso seems like the direct counter to the warspite; If a DD spots the warspite, its armor is soft enough for a fuso to DPM AP from range while the warspite struggles to even get within spotter range. If the warspite can get in range, the fuso is fucked....but even in the sub R5, I see loads of Fusos not even using islands, but 20km out in open water.
I am completely avoiding destroyers this season. Im fine in DDs, but usually gunboats are my thing. I am terrible in torp boats. I do tip my hat to anyone who is playing the sub R5 bracket with a DD because the skill level is insane. One fuckup and its over.

Only playing half a dozen games a night these days, and of that only 2-3 ranked per night. But I hit R4 last night.
Tried using the fuso, but its so hard to deal damage with. I played one where I felt I was slugging it out like a beast and when I checked, I had not even cracked 50k by the 10min mark. The Warspite still performs miles better with its 10-20k salvos, although the fuso seems to take much more of a beating. It does seem like there are many more Fusos than any other BB right now. I had one last night where of the 10 BBs, I was the only non fuso. And the fuso seems like the direct counter to the warspite; If a DD spots the warspite, its armor is soft enough for a fuso to DPM AP from range while the warspite struggles to even get within spotter range. If the warspite can get in range, the fuso is fucked....but even in the sub R5, I see loads of Fusos not even using islands, but 20km out in open water.
I am completely avoiding destroyers this season. Im fine in DDs, but usually gunboats are my thing. I am terrible in torp boats. I do tip my hat to anyone who is playing the sub R5 bracket with a DD because the skill level is insane. One fuckup and its over.

I noticed most fuso players are spamming HE. Seems effective Enough.

Also made it to 4 last nite . :)

I played two horrific games last night and bailed early. Two really horrible losses right off the bat. It was obvious the MM was against me last night so I called it early and had Cheese Crackers and Tea instead.

My own game play was less than Steller as well. I guess it just wasn't a good night for WoW's :)

One Example:

Nick/Realm: Steel_Castles/na
BattleType: Ranked Battle
Ship name: Fubuki
Ship Class: Destroyer
Ship tier: 6
Battle level: 6
Tier difference: 0
Mode: Domination
CV/BB/CA/DD: 0/4/4/6
Result: Defeat
Credits: 30292
All credits: 65886
Kills: 0
Damage: n/a
Ship avg. damage: 21843
Ship max. damage: 220101
Exp: 190
All exp: 585
Ship avg. exp: 916
Ship max. exp: 4617
Map: Trident
Start time: 2017-07-17 22:41:47
Duration: 0:07:08
Planes taken down: n/a
Main battery fired: n/a
Main battery hit: n/a
Torpedoes fired: n/a
Torpedoes hit: n/a
Ships spotted: n/a
Distance (km): n/a

I am still absolutely convinced MM is based on the last play session or X amount of games win rate.

I tried the Fubu because the torps intrigued me. Problem for me was it was way too reliant on the team to help me kill DDs. The shino I liked a lot since it could spar with a farragut and crush everything else and the 8km torps could be useful at times. It is a bad idea to use the shino as a torp boat in ranked IMO.

At the end of the day I top exp'd to rank 5 in the nurnberg (50% WR) then finished up the with the shino (64%WR). If I just played the shino the entire time it would have been a normal 130 game season but I think suffering the nurn made me a better player.

Last edited:
I am still absolutely convinced MM is based on the last play session or X amount of games win rate.

I tried the Fubu because the torps intrigued me. Problem for me was it was way too reliant on the team to help me kill DDs. The shino I liked a lot since it could spar with a farragut and crush everything else and the 8km torps could be useful at times. It is a bad idea to use the shino as a torp boat in ranked IMO.

At the end of the day I top exp'd to rank 5 in the nurnberg (50% WR) then finished up the with the shino (64%WR). If I just played the shino the entire time it would have been a normal 130 game season but I think suffering the nurn made me a better player.

most F2P MM systems are based on a forced 50% winrate system that league of legends originally implemented years ago. while WG'ing refuses to say how their matchmaking is setup i'm leaning toward it being similar to the system LoL has. like in league though pre-arranged groups break the system.

nurmburg's a beast but but it's still just a weaker shchors.. it's a rapid firing kiter so it doesn't help a while lot except hoping the enemy BB's die before you, lol.

but on another note i finally built my new system so i may actually play some WoWS before this season ends and see how much of the game i've forgotten in the last 4 or 5 months.

most F2P MM systems are based on a forced 50% winrate system that league of legends originally implemented years ago. while WG'ing refuses to say how their matchmaking is setup i'm leaning toward it being similar to the system LoL has. like in league though pre-arranged groups break the system.

nurmburg's a beast but but it's still just a weaker shchors.. it's a rapid firing kiter so it doesn't help a while lot except hoping the enemy BB's die before you, lol.

but on another note i finally built my new system so i may actually play some WoWS before this season ends and see how much of the game i've forgotten in the last 4 or 5 months.

Cool a new system! If you went nVidia and have extra fps to burn you can force SGSSAA with nVispector. It only takes a few minutes to do and looks beautiful. I run 8xMSAA and 4X SGSSAA on a 1080 at 3440x1440.

Yeah nurnberg is basically hide from the BBs. The 5.3 hydro and 6 minute plane made your spotting ability really good if you could get in the right spot. The 960m/s guns make it impossible for dds to dodge under 10km too. It's not as squishy as some want to make it out to be if you play it right. Also because of the way spotting works you can easily use your two ass turrets sticking out from behind cover and stay unspotted...

I have to agree, I find this pattern for me in ranked. 1 win, 1 loss or 1 win where it was a hard battle. rinse and repeat. When I manage to keep my star during a loss, I advance a star, and when I manage to carry (or someone else clearly carries a game while the rest of the team potatoes) during a hard game, I advance. It's crazy.

Back