World of Warcraft’s new expansion is Battle for Azeroth

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by DooKey, Nov 3, 2017.

1. DooKey

DooKey [H]ardness Supreme

World of Warcraft is the game no one wants to admit they still play, but I know there are still some fanbois at this site that are interested in the next expansion. Wait no more because Blizzard released the expansion intro for Battle of Azeroth today at BlizzCon.

Watch the video here.

2. ashmelev75

ashmelev75 [H]ard|Gawd

Blizzard makes best CGI period.

Armenius, Viper16 and Denpepe like this.
  3. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Haven't played since Cataclysm.....what is happening? o_O

viscountalpha, tunatime and Trimlock like this.
  4. EODetroit

EODetroit [H]ard|Gawd

CGI good, but that was generic as fuck. Is the next expansion pvp focused or something? Because I have no idea how that video was supposed to describe the upcoming expansion otherwise.

Edit: I quit playing WoW after the Death Knight expansion, I forget what it was called.

tunatime likes this.
  5. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

they're low on subs, need to con people into re subscribing. Basically old ass engine with old ass themeparking with broken and old concepts.

6. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

there's a polygon article out, they want to make bots and pit them against players from the opposite faction. It sounds like a terrible idea.

Armenius likes this.
  7. otherweeb

otherweeb Gawd

I could see that. Instead of NPC's in consistent locales make mobs that raid, adventure and run amok? Maybe their crafting skills can be 'mine bitcoin' to help poor Blizzard out?

Armenius likes this.
  8. Semantics

Semantics 2[H]4U

I thought bioware Knights of the old republic cutscenes were pretty dope, but too bad none of those pre rendered play much for inside the game just promotion

9. NeghVar

NeghVar 2[H]4U

With the gaping wound in Silithus, I have a suspicion that late in the expansion something will happen down there that will force the Horde and Alliance to join forces to save Azeroth. As Medivh said at the end of Reign of Chaos, "Just as the orcs, humans and night elves discarded their old hatred and stood united against a common foe."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  10. Krenum

Read the ploygon article. Apparently the Alliance captured Undercity & the Elves tree Burned.

11. |-Goku-|

|-Goku-| [H]ard|Gawd

I think people will love WoW Classic more than the new stuff.

12. Dekoth-E-

Dekoth-E- [H]ardness Supreme

It is a tossup these days between Blizzard and Square Enix honestly. To compare Apples to apples for MMO's so WoW vs FFXIV. Right now the Cinematics coming out of SE have been far better, excepting possibly this. This one is one of the best I've seen from Bliz in some years. Shame the game hasn't been worth playing in god knows how long, but at least the cinematics are good.

13. Krenum

I know I will! The new stuff is confusing to me. Plus I haven't played since Cataclysm & don't have any interest in the new content. In my mind it all should have ended after LK. I will be happy to revisit the old WoW.

14. Skyblue

Skyblue Limp Gawd

They basically changed the gange into a singleplayer game.. Thus loosing all the social interaction that made vanilla wow so much fun. :/ Grindy, buggy, yes. But ultimately vanilla gave me the most enjoyment by far :)

viscountalpha and Krazy925 like this.
  15. |-Goku-|

|-Goku-| [H]ard|Gawd

I at least hope they keep some changes. Such as graphical updates.

Krazy925 likes this.
  16. motqalden

motqalden [H]ard|DCOTM Feb 2018, June 2019

I started playing back in BC and only stopped about 8 months ago. At this point i dont' think they can do anything to get me to come back. Loved the game but it burned me out finally.

17. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

Would be nice but I doubt it as most of the graphical updates in the old zones came with cataclysm and I doubt they are going to spend alot of time improving the same stuff for the 3 rd time, maybe the new models will stay though.

18. RogueTadhg

RogueTadhg [H]ard|Gawd

When she did that battlecry. Gave me chills down my spine.

Damn it, Blizzard. You haven't lost your touch.

19. tetris42

tetris42 [H]ardness Supreme

Yeah the visuals are good, but am I the only one who found this cringeworthy? It's like:

*dramatic pose* do some action then stop *dramatic pose* do some more action *dramatic pose* For the horde! *dramatic pose* For the alliance! *dramatic pose* action *dramatic pose* action *dramatic pose*

20. Liver

Liver [H]ardness Supreme

That was amazing.

21. tunatime

tunatime 2[H]4U

How many expansions can one game have?

22. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

Everquest has around 24 so quite a bit it seems.

Armenius and tunatime like this.
  23. Elf_Boy

Elf_Boy 2[H]4U

That would not be popular.

24. Smashing Young Man

Smashing Young Man [H]ard|Gawd

WoW started to lose me with the cross-realm stuff in the latter part of Wrath, and lost me completely with phasing in Cataclysm, along with the new railed gameplay. The whole concept of a server community was destroyed, which for me was the whole reason I played MMORPGs.

viscountalpha likes this.
  25. Kaze3D

Kaze3D n00b

How doesnt waiting in queues for whatever content you desired make any sense lol? I understand the community effort for X reward was lost but the single event of the opening of AQ destroyed that. It was also a lesson learned for blizzard hence why we will never see anything like it again.

26. EODetroit

EODetroit [H]ard|Gawd

Pantheon is really the last hope for people who fondly remember old school EQ and WoW. I don't have the playtime like I did 15 years ago, but it doesn't matter, that game will be the spiritual successor of the classic MMO period. If Pantheon goes the way of the lowest common denominator as well, then I give up on the fantasy MMO genre. Its time will have passed from this Earth.

viscountalpha and workshop35 like this.
  27. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Yeah that hit me right where the bathing suit covers.

28. workshop35

workshop35 Gawd

Cross-realm pvp, horde and alliance teaming up instead of just trying to kill eachother...ruined it for me too. This whole "lets join together and defeat a common foe" bullshit wrecks it when all you want to do is fight the opposing faction.

29. snowcrash

snowcrash Gawd

Damn. That is some dedication. I burned out at the end of WotLK and took it very easy afterwards for another year after starting almost the beginning from playing so much. Were you very casual and only play a few hours a week? Is that how you were able to last so long?

Between dailies, guild responsbilities, raid progressions, farming, gearing out guildies and my toons, I was spending so much time on it that it was literally my second job. Then I blinked and suddenly realized 5 years had passed.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    qb4ever and tungt88 like this.
  30. alxlwson

alxlwson You Know Where I Live

I started playing about two weeks before BC launched. I quit playing at the end of first content wave of Pandas. Tried to come back when they were doing all the pre-expansion stuff for the following expansion and I hated it.
    Many memories in Wow, including meeting my wife.

31. viscountalpha

viscountalpha 2[H]4U

I do. The new stuff doesn't look fun.

32. atp1916

atp1916 [H]ard|DCoTM x1

Vanilla / classic is where it's at.

Not everyone wants to be on the treadmill.

33. gulguran

gulguran Limp Gawd

Never really played the game, just could not get into the overexaggerated look. It just never worked for me. Are they still making a ton off it?

34. PhaseNoise

PhaseNoise [H]ard|Gawd

Epic Battles!

But first, I need 12 Boar Ears.

Stryke1983, tetris42 and STrAYeR like this.
  35. STrAYeR

STrAYeR Limp Gawd

For the HORDE!. That was amazing. Great animation. Before that Panda expansion came out the game was great fun and addictive.

36. maxius

maxius 2[H]4U

This is setting up a ff14 type situation were the world is destroyed and we have to migrate to a new one thus new game old is retired

37. Trimlock

Trimlock [H]ardForum Junkie

I haven't liked the WoW gameplay in a few years, haven't gone back since ... I think Cataclysm, at the end of it anyways. I love the story of Warcraft but I can't help but seem very underwhelmed with gameplay that is largely on rails. Vanilla and Burning Crusade were great fun, tons of cool ideas, the only thing on rails were the quest areas and not really the quests themselves.

Wrath was cool with their world changing concepts and indepth story telling through questing but the gameplay was still too linear with very little chance of failing.

38. Jehuty

Jehuty Limp Gawd

I swear if they make a wow 2.0 with graphics that rival FFXIV's... I will drop FF so fast. I really miss wow but the graphics completely kill it for me now. I really miss my shaman and druid :(

39. babochee

babochee Gawd

Doesn't EVE online have 17 now?

40. tunatime

tunatime 2[H]4U

Eve doesn't count though it's like spreadsheet online