World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

I was more talking about the grind for the specific Renown transmog gear. It's not hard, no, just time consuming and tedious to get all the Anima and Gathering's.

On a fresh 60 it takes a couple weeks to get everything for a full set. And that's working on it every day, always grinding for these currencies.

I thought since my Paladin already has the Renown plate transmog set, that it would've be unlocked for my Demon Hunter in the leather set. Both in the Nec covenant.

But it does automatically unlock for 2 of the same type of armor. My Warrior and Paladin can both transmog each other's Renown plate sets.

Oh well, grind on time for my DH.

Been moping along the game. It wasn't bad at first. I enjoy the familiar game. Started tanking mythics. Got a stark reminder of why I phased out of the game. Even at M0, I'm getting people that stand in fire, aren't healing right, and don't know the fights. Tanked a LFR and it was full of people just running around training mobs onto the group to wipe us.

What broke me now was the group finder. In order to set a title, I need not only the authenticator, which I have the physical one, but a phone number as well. I don't give out my number to any company. I also have the physical authenticator, but I guess the battery has lasted a year longer than it should have. It still works, but not for long. I can't install the app so I'm pooched there as well.

Spent the past 30m seeing what other options there are for tanking and healing, but I'm not seeing any that are comparable to this game. Guess the genre is sort of dead for me now.

Yeah that new thing to create Mythic dungeon needing all that private info is a strange one. I never gave them that, means I can't form my own groups. Oh well they're loss.

I just search in the premade groups now or mostly go on Guild runs

Very excited for the expansion announcement this week. Just hope it's not Shittylands 2.0.

Dump all the powered systems and numerous currencies and give us one giant continent again, not separated zones that take forever to travel between.

Been moping along the game. It wasn't bad at first. I enjoy the familiar game. Started tanking mythics. Got a stark reminder of why I phased out of the game. Even at M0, I'm getting people that stand in fire, aren't healing right, and don't know the fights. Tanked a LFR and it was full of people just running around training mobs onto the group to wipe us.

What broke me now was the group finder. In order to set a title, I need not only the authenticator, which I have the physical one, but a phone number as well. I don't give out my number to any company. I also have the physical authenticator, but I guess the battery has lasted a year longer than it should have. It still works, but not for long. I can't install the app so I'm pooched there as well.

Spent the past 30m seeing what other options there are for tanking and healing, but I'm not seeing any that are comparable to this game. Guess the genre is sort of dead for me now.

Thats pretty much why I stopped playing last year, pretty much all the finder content is just sanity destroying. As I dont have a guild anymore I choose not to inflict pain on myself for the illusion of doing content. Then there is not much else besides grinding world quests or farming old raids and dungeons for transmog. I already did that for years before I got tired of it, so now I am actually playing games I have fun with rather than wasting time in a game that doesnt respect my time at all.

With Ion still in charge of WoW, I'm afraid this new expansion will just be Shittylands 2.0. Ion came from the [H]ardcore Raid scene, he only knows WoW + Raids, and nothing else.

I think we won't get a good WoW expansion again until the Microsoft buyout is officially complete, and they bring in some fresh blood and name a new WoW game designer, and let Ion retire.

With Ion still in charge of WoW, I'm afraid this new expansion will just be Shittylands 2.0. Ion came from the [H]ardcore Raid scene, he only knows WoW + Raids, and nothing else.

I think we won't get a good WoW expansion again until the Microsoft buyout is officially complete, and they bring in some fresh blood and name a new WoW game designer, and let Ion retire.

They dont need to get rid of him, just need to only put him in charge of only making raids. They need to find someone else capable of being flexable enough to change the way things have been done since ian took over. He has kept wow locked in the same systems infested mess for the last several expansions. He seems unable to course correct the ship that is wow and keeps repeatedly crashing it into the iceberg, convinced he will eventually break through it, but instead just causing to to sink more.

They dont need to get rid of him, just need to only put him in charge of only making raids. They need to find someone else capable of being flexable enough to change the way things have been done since ian took over. He has kept wow locked in the same systems infested mess for the last several expansions. He seems unable to course correct the ship that is wow and keeps repeatedly crashing it into the iceberg, convinced he will eventually break through it, but instead just causing to to sink more.

Great post, totally agree. But when will the people in charge realize this?

WoW won't be good again until there's a new game director in charge.

So the Microsoft owned expansion coming in 2025?

I honestly dont know if anything can be done to save wow, guess tomorrow will show what they have planned for next expansion. Then we shall see if they can break the cycle, or just more of the same Shittylands 3.0 again. Just the longer this goes on the less people will want to come back, including myself...I hope for the future being better, but I expect the worst...

Legion started this current style of WoW, with the "systems" and M+ and World Quests, etc...

I actually thought Legion was great at the time. Was a fresh new approach and very fun, with the Class Halls and all that entailed.

Then BfA continued Legion, but somehow a little worse. It wasn't a terrible expansion, but certainly not great either.

And now Shittylands, which is the 3rd Ion made expansion, and it's just run it's course, and this style of WoW needs to go away now.

Time for something fresh again. A new MoP type.

The system expansion actually started in WoD, but since that one was killed off after the disaster unfolded, there wasnt as many systems put into it. Plus it did create the mission table that in spite of no one really liking it, is still here with us in every expansion since. Although they did double down on it and we had 2 mission tables in WoD, at least they havent done that again...one is more than anyone wants.

• World of Warcraft Dragonflight is WoW's next expansion.
  • New race - Drakthyr
  • New Class - Evoker
    • 2 Specializations - Healer and Ranged DPS
    • Hero Class - Starts at 58 with new starter zone
    • Wears Mail
  • Revamp of World, UI, professions, talents

I/m hitting that point in SL that I'm getting burned out again. I took like 6 months off before 9.2 and now been playing since early March ( 2 months ), and my main and alts are geared up as much as I care for, I leveled a few other alts to 60, got all the Renown transmog sets I wanted. There's really nothing new for me to see or much to do, except run the same M+ dungeons for a millionth time.

When does 9.2.5 come out?

I'm going to try to get flying in SL next. I'm just picking away at it. Honestly, I'm fine doing +4s and LFR. Be cool if campaigns would carry over to other characters. I don't want to redo each one anytime I roll a new healer.

I'm going to try to get flying in SL next. I'm just picking away at it. Honestly, I'm fine doing +4s and LFR. Be cool if campaigns would carry over to other characters. I don't want to redo each one anytime I roll a new healer.
You can skip the campaign but then you have to level with dungeons, dailies and whatever else you can find. Doing it now like that on my monk, can't realy say which one I prefer, I will have already a bunch of renown and anima when hitting 60 so there is that.

You can skip the campaign but then you have to level with dungeons, dailies and whatever else you can find. Doing it now like that on my monk, can't realy say which one I prefer, I will have already a bunch of renown and anima when hitting 60 so there is that.
naw, I'm talking the covenant campaign and such.

No dice. I'll check again in a few days.

WoW_NoGifts.png

Possibly only for more recent expansions? I purchased Burning Crusade back when it was first released, but I did not get any gift.

Possibly only for more recent expansions? I purchased Burning Crusade back when it was first released, but I did not get any gift.

Same and it worked for me. Make sure your app is updated. I think it said it wouldn't show if you didn't have the latest update.

Apparently the merge of the WoW account into the battle.net account had issues, so according their data I never subscribed nor purchased the game nor TBC expansion. I sent pictures of the CDs and authorization key, as well as pointing out that looking at the characters I had across the different servers, I had to have been subscribed at some point. No luck, 2 GMs said there was nothing that could be done. Guess I won't be trying it out again.

Apparently the merge of the WoW account into the battle.net account had issues, so according their data I never subscribed nor purchased the game nor TBC expansion. I sent pictures of the CDs and authorization key, as well as pointing out that looking at the characters I had across the different servers, I had to have been subscribed at some point. No luck, 2 GMs said there was nothing that could be done. Guess I won't be trying it out again.

You're missing nothing. At all. You wasted more time than it would have been worth to get it.

Getting desperate there, Blizz.

"Desperate"? I'm wondering if you even understand the context in which this is being done?

They already announced the next expansion.... And already said that it (Dragonflight) will be out before the end of this year. That means Shadowlands has, at most, 4 months left (some of which will be overshadowed by the Dragonflight pre-patch, etc). They aren't looking for people to buy Shadowlands at this point. They want people to buy Dragonflight. They know that if they get more people into the game now, they will be more likely to buy Dragonflight. No one is going to buy Shadowlands just to play it for a few months and it doesn't benefit Blizzard in any way to have Shadowlands acting as a barrier to entry right before a new expansion.

They know that if they get more people into the game now, they will be more likely to buy Dragonflight.
Yes, this was my point. Get people a hit of WoW now who have been skipping on it and maybe they'll preorder that new shiny exp around the corner.

Hence desperate.

I think there is a little desperation but this is also just good marketing. Desperation in my mind would see them doing more. Like not having a time limit on this gift, more in game items added to the preorders, sales, other perks to get people to come back. This preorder isn't really different from all the others. Might have less compared to some.

WoW has had a lot of criticism over the two expansions. Shadowlands seems to be one of the most hated expansions and the numbers seem to be the lowest ever. They don't really loose much by doing this. For me it swings the bar a little more towards buying the expansion. The cost of Shadowlands, which I did not want to buy, was one of the things holding me back from preordering. You have to own it to preorder. Without it I couldn't come back for the prepatch events. I also haven't played in several expansions so want the boost. Now I don't have to buy Shadowlands, I am more likely to sub.

I'm still going to hold off on the purchase until right before the prepatch fun starts.

For the first time in World of Warcraft's history, Horde and Alliance players will be able to join the same guild
https://www.pcgamer.com/for-the-fir...-players-will-be-able-to-join-the-same-guild/

Blizzard has revealed the release date for one upcoming World of Warcraft patch and shared details for another, the latter of which will add a much-requested cross-faction feature, allowing Horde and Alliance players to unite under the same guild banner for the first time in Azeroth's history.

Last year, a minor Shadowlands patch started to blur the lines of the faction divide(opens in new tab), allowing players from opposing sides to team up for certain types of group content. The update also gave in-game communities the ability to turn on cross-faction functionality. Guilds were still fully locked down, but that's set to change with the newly announced(opens in new tab) Embers of Neltharion update.

For the first time in World of Warcraft's history, Horde and Alliance players will be able to join the same guild
https://www.pcgamer.com/for-the-fir...-players-will-be-able-to-join-the-same-guild/

Blizzard has revealed the release date for one upcoming World of Warcraft patch and shared details for another, the latter of which will add a much-requested cross-faction feature, allowing Horde and Alliance players to unite under the same guild banner for the first time in Azeroth's history.

Last year, a minor Shadowlands patch started to blur the lines of the faction divide(opens in new tab), allowing players from opposing sides to team up for certain types of group content. The update also gave in-game communities the ability to turn on cross-faction functionality. Guilds were still fully locked down, but that's set to change with the newly announced(opens in new tab) Embers of Neltharion update.
This is a welcome change. Being able to group up with horde has been great right now.

Blizzard comes out with a battle royale mode called Plunderstorm.

Get swept away in the Plunderstorm—a fun, new, limited-time, pirate-themed event of prodigious proportions lasting the next several weeks. Scour the map and try to be the last pirate standing while dashing across the Arathi Highlands to find abilities, upgrades, and loot to plunder just to survive! Plunge into a challenging battle that earns excellent rewards for World of Warcraft Modern and Classic progression realms. All you have to do is survive…and plunder. Can't seem to stay in the realm of the living? No problem. Plunderers still gain progression that helps unlock new rewards.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24073142/hoist-the-sails-a-plunderstorm-has-arrived

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwo7HZisQSA

Content update notes
Classes-Dungeons and Raids

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.co...ate-notes-now-live?blzcmp=blizzard-news#item2

Blizzard comes out with a battle royale mode called Plunderstorm.

Get swept away in the Plunderstorm—a fun, new, limited-time, pirate-themed event of prodigious proportions lasting the next several weeks. Scour the map and try to be the last pirate standing while dashing across the Arathi Highlands to find abilities, upgrades, and loot to plunder just to survive! Plunge into a challenging battle that earns excellent rewards for World of Warcraft Modern and Classic progression realms. All you have to do is survive…and plunder. Can't seem to stay in the realm of the living? No problem. Plunderers still gain progression that helps unlock new rewards.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24073142/hoist-the-sails-a-plunderstorm-has-arrived

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwo7HZisQSA

Content update notes
Classes-Dungeons and Raids

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.co...ate-notes-now-live?blzcmp=blizzard-news#item2

Tried it for all of 60 seconds, before logging off and thinking WTF was that? The weirdest thing I've seen in WoW, needing to create a new character, bit no class really? And just run around sprinting to get some bullcrap stuff, for what exactly? What's the goal?

Tried it for all of 60 seconds, before logging off and thinking WTF was that? The weirdest thing I've seen in WoW, needing to create a new character, bit no class really? And just run around sprinting to get some bullcrap stuff, for what exactly? What's the goal?
The point is to distract you to the fact they can’t balance pvp so all they do is put god buffs and more crowd control hehe

Back