World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Welp. Its me again. I know this game should have been Old Yeller'd awhile ago, but I miss healing and I can't find anything else to play lately. I think I may just resub to this again, and play until I'm frustrated with the M+ community. By then, a new league of Path of Exile will be out and I'll go back to that. Seems to be my usual cycle.

I unsubbed from Shittylands in August a month after 9.1 because I was caught up and nothing to do, and got bored.

Then in October I was missing WoW, and subbed again, two days later unsubbed LOL game is crap, and feels gutted and hollow and generic, it's not WoW anymore, game feels like it's designed by the interns with a low budget. Last good "fun" expansion was Legion.

The expansion was released over one year ago and there's only been one content patch 9.1 in July which was pretty late 7 months after release. And now 5 months later nothing new. No new patches and the game is stale and boring. I don't count 9.15 patch. That's just bug fixes and miscellaneous stuff.

And rumors that 9.2 won't be released until April. The game will be a ghost town and empty by then.

Last edited:
I'm having a great time with WoW TBC Classic. The new version of the game feels hollow and empty.
I'll probably get back into tbc classic within a year or two. are there future plans for more content? I sold my classic priest for a few hundred before tbc classic, then tried out shadowlands and couldn't get into it.

I just miss the healing portion of it. I'll start a new character, play for a couple weeks, and give up. I've spent $15 on worse things.

Yeah even I am taking a break from wow, and Ive never taken a break since I started playing in 2005. I got tired of doing pointless repetitive tasks daily with no real payoff, plus both my guild is dead and gone along with my server being a ghost town. I have no plans to give Blizz hundreds of dollars to move all my chars to another server. This expansion could have gone really well, but as usual they messed it up and it is seeming to becoming WoD without any of the good things that expansion had.

I haven't paid yet, but I guess I'll level to 20. meh. for whatever reason I went warrior to get into tanking. keep this interesting? no idea. think it was July last time I've played.

I wouldnt waste your money, the game is in a very bad place right now. This coming from a person who played all of cata, WoD, and Bfa. I hope they will get things turned around, but I think the lazy paint by systems expansion have finally taken their toll on the fanbase. Plus all the brain drain and mayhem going on behind the scenes, it will be a big struggle for them to rebuild anything at this point. It makes me sad as I nearly started at the beginning, but I do have my good memories of the past, and I had a good time playing before the current mess.

I wouldnt waste your money, the game is in a very bad place right now. This coming from a person who played all of cata, WoD, and Bfa. I hope they will get things turned around, but I think the lazy paint by systems expansion have finally taken their toll on the fanbase. Plus all the brain drain and mayhem going on behind the scenes, it will be a big struggle for them to rebuild anything at this point. It makes me sad as I nearly started at the beginning, but I do have my good memories of the past, and I had a good time playing before the current mess.
Oh, my account started on Nov 23 2004, so I know all about what this game used to be. Hell, I was in closed beta when FilePlanet(?) had their little thing.

Iunno. I just can't find a game to stick with. It just sucks because I love the dungeon system of the game. Just the time gates suck and the player base is meh. I'd just love to find a game that has this type of dungeon running.

GW2 just feels clunky and FF-whatever number has to much traveling to do. The Main Story Quest is lame too. I just can't get into it.

meh, I got more into reading about it, and just logged out. I didn't sub. I don't have it in me to hand any money over to BLizzard.

Iunno. I just can't find a game to stick with. It just sucks because I love the dungeon system of the game. Just the time gates suck and the player base is meh. I'd just love to find a game that has this type of dungeon running.

did you already try Swtor? I had lot's of fun with it some years ago, plays a lot like Wow

Well at least freeing up the time I used to dump into wow has let me start playing more of my backlog of games I never got around to playing. I am hooked on Hardspace Shipbreaker right now and working my way through the FF pixel remasters and Dungeon Siege 1. All good games and better than wasting my time on wow for no reason.

I only play TBC now, havent had SL installed in 6+ months. It just wasnt that good long term. I enjoyed the hell out of it for a couple weeks at launch, but it faded quickly. Which is better than I can say for most of the recent expansions, which I only bought and leveled through because Ive had my main character since 05 or so, and keep her up to date on level in case I ever want to do something in retail again.

Yeah I played the heck out of TBC when it was around the first time and pretty much did everything I wanted to back then, dont feel the need to play it again.

Yeah I played the heck out of TBC when it was around the first time and pretty much did everything I wanted to back then, dont feel the need to play it again.

I raided hardcore in bc and wotlk (by gearscore was number 1/2 on Boulderfist near the end of BC) if I wasn't working those days I was on wow. And I still find as much joy in bc now as I did then. Different people I play with gives a different vibe.

I raided hardcore in bc and wotlk (by gearscore was number 1/2 on Boulderfist near the end of BC) if I wasn't working those days I was on wow. And I still find as much joy in bc now as I did then. Different people I play with gives a different vibe.

Yeah I understand, I am just not up for all the grinding required anymore. I just dont have the time I did back then, and I dont bounce back like I used to going with little to no sleep.

It's all about finding the right guild. Some guilds are very cyclical and full of people who only show up for new content, but others are more community focused and those usually have more staying power. I'm playing less at the moment because I pretty much have my character maxed out in terms of gear, but I still love to log on for raids. I'm looking forward to being able to use two legendaries in 9.2.

Well you dont get to use any 2 legendaries though, you get to pick one of your legendaries and the 2nd one is only your covenant one. Although they could change this after a point, esp if we have another year plus end of expansion dead zone again.

It's all about finding the right guild. Some guilds are very cyclical and full of people who only show up for new content, but others are more community focused and those usually have more staying power. I'm playing less at the moment because I pretty much have my character maxed out in terms of gear, but I still love to log on for raids. I'm looking forward to being able to use two legendaries in 9.2.
See, now you have me itching again. That was a big issue I kept falling into. Was guilds that kept pushing higher and higher. I don't mind running a raid several times. Hell, even if it meant starting another character and rotating them in. I can see once a raid is cleared enough, to slowly move on. But the guilds I always found myself in were every week we'd wipe for four hours straight until we downed something.

Well you dont get to use any 2 legendaries though, you get to pick one of your legendaries and the 2nd one is only your covenant one. Although they could change this after a point, esp if we have another year plus end of expansion dead zone again.

As a night-fae resto druid, my covenant legendary is the preferred legendary for raiding. I use Verdant Infusion instead because I really enjoy the play style, and I play this game for fun. So next patch I can use the preferred raiding legendary and the one I actually want to use.

Curious, so the people still currently playing WoW SL, are you guys Raiders?

I stopped Raiding back in Legion, so my question, if you Raid weekly your still subbed, but the more casual players that don't Raid probably left for now?

See, now you have me itching again. That was a big issue I kept falling into. Was guilds that kept pushing higher and higher. I don't mind running a raid several times. Hell, even if it meant starting another character and rotating them in. I can see once a raid is cleared enough, to slowly move on. But the guilds I always found myself in were every week we'd wipe for four hours straight until we downed something.

I've played since vanilla and I had a stretch there where I raided hardcore. The reality-check moment came for me years ago when raid was cancelled one night, and I realized that I was happy/relieved that it had been canceled. I got tired of people being up-tight and nerd-raging every time someone made an honest mistake. I got tired of having to watch hours of youtube videos researching boss fights before raid. It's a game and if I'm not having fun, what's the point? I joined a super laid-back guild that doesn't even raid mythic. The goal is usually to get AOTC (last boss in heroic raid) before the end of each raid tier. We have a great mix of ages, genders, etc. We always put family first and understand if people can't make it every night or have to leave early. Sometimes people show up after having a few drinks. Some mostly just log on to raid while others like me play a bunch on the side also. In the 2-3 years I've been in that guild now, I've had ridiculous amounts of fun. It's so much more about the people than the game, and wow is a great game to be in a guild.

I've played since vanilla and I had a stretch there where I raided hardcore. The reality-check moment came for me years ago when raid was cancelled one night, and I realized that I was happy/relieved that it had been canceled. I got tired of people being up-tight and nerd-raging every time someone made an honest mistake. I got tired of having to watch hours of youtube videos researching boss fights before raid. It's a game and if I'm not having fun, what's the point? I joined a super laid-back guild that doesn't even raid mythic. The goal is usually to get AOTC (last boss in heroic raid) before the end of each raid tier. We have a great mix of ages, genders, etc. We always put family first and understand if people can't make it every night or have to leave early. Sometimes people show up after having a few drinks. Some mostly just log on to raid while others like me play a bunch on the side also. In the 2-3 years I've been in that guild now, I've had ridiculous amounts of fun. It's so much more about the people than the game, and wow is a great game to be in a guild.
The guild literally makes everything in a game like that.

Yeah my guild imploded in the middle of Bfa, and Ive been in this guild and raided with it since TBC. I was great friends with the GM, but around legion things changed, he invited some new friends of friends and they ended up causing a lot of issues. They were convinced they were the ultimate mythic raiders even though we struggled to beat heroic bosses.

Eventually our raid died when not enough people showed up, and the ultimate raider faction could no longer get easy gear. They didnt want to have to wipe or work hard for it, so thus ended that chapter. Eventually the GM and his ultimate raider buddies all transfered to Area 52 from our dead server to become the best , and so far arent doing that great.

Yeah my guild imploded in the middle of Bfa, and Ive been in this guild and raided with it since TBC. I was great friends with the GM, but around legion things changed, he invited some new friends of friends and they ended up causing a lot of issues. They were convinced they were the ultimate mythic raiders even though we struggled to beat heroic bosses.

Eventually our raid died when not enough people showed up, and the ultimate raider faction could no longer get easy gear. They didnt want to have to wipe or work hard for it, so thus ended that chapter. Eventually the GM and his ultimate raider buddies all transfered to Area 52 from our dead server to become the best , and so far arent doing that great.
Must be fun to be completely deluded like that. My guild always took the time to help people and gear them up and it always paid off in heroic and mythic raids because people were genuinely having fun and felt like they were a part of something and wanted everyone to progress. We didn’t yell at each other and act like giant tool bags when there was a wipe we just took the time to figure out what went wrong and took the time to play on people’s strengths and figure out the best role for people. Then we’d separate raiding into tiers of the best players for mythic raids and lower tiers for helping people gear up in normal and heroics … and our over-geared players would help them learn and smash through bosses. Because at the end of the day it’s a game and has to be fun or it’s not worth it.

Last edited:
Yeah it really sucked dealing with all the BS, I likely would have enjoyed your guild a lot more. I always hoped things would get better, but they never really did.

In WotLK I was in a top 50ish US Realm guild (for 10 mans if that counts for anything). We were top on the server. I was the best geared resto shaman, bar none. We raided into whatever the next expansion was, then it faded out. I was pumping 60+ hours a week into the game; easy. For whatever reason, raiding seemed simple for the ten of us. In fact, we all got together one evening and met up. People flew in from all over the country. That was really neat. But, we weren't competing on each other. Trying to one up one another. Sure, we gave each other shit, but it was all in fun. Years later, it just seems like you have to treat it like a job, or you're on your own. Every guild I was in after LK, it was work. It lost its luster. I gave up with all the try hards reaching to the top to become the best of the retards.

Yeah I think the problem has been raiding is way too complicated to excel at it now. Instead of a few things to worry about and get good at the fight, you now have 40 things to worry about with mandatory bossmods just to even keep up. Plus high end raiding requires so much dedication with multiple toons required, massive gold expenditure, and mammoth levels of stress. Compared to wrath you just had to worry about your gearscore and learning fights.

Yeah I think the problem has been raiding is way too complicated to excel at it now. Instead of a few things to worry about and get good at the fight, you now have 40 things to worry about with mandatory bossmods just to even keep up. Plus high end raiding requires so much dedication with multiple toons required, massive gold expenditure, and mammoth levels of stress. Compared to wrath you just had to worry about your gearscore and learning fights.

Exactly.

It's a major turn off. And super stressful. It's a video game, meant to be played for fun. Not a job you punch into the time clock and go to work.

Raiding in modern WoW is zero fun and more like painful.

Heroic Raids are pretty difficult to go through. Mythic Raids? Hell no way. To run Mythic Raids today each player needs to be super experienced and have high gear and know every ounce of each boss fight perfectly, zero room for error.

You need to read guides and watch YouTube videos, do tons of research and learn each boss. Ugh. That's not my kind of fun for a video game.

And then if a player or two screws up or doesn't know the mechanics you get yelled at and feel like a newb.

I always thought running Heroic mode was pretty darn tough, but Mythic mode, it's nearly freaking impossible.

Last edited:
WoW's problem is pretty simple, it got bland, boring and generic, and it's too late to change it now, until a major revamp in 10.0 potentially.

Legion was the last "fun" expansion, but it also introduced "systems" which is bad, but in Legion they were doable and fresh for the time. I would grade the Legion expansion a B+. Then BfA continued that, and made the game worse, with crap like Essences and Corruption gear, the worst shit ever. I would grade BfA a C-. Then came Shittylands, with so much promise and the early previews looking so exciting, but now a year later it's a dog shit expansion, I would grade SL a D-

But Blizzard could right this ship, make another Legion, but not that exact expansion, but a fresh new design like that, something different and new and original, like Legion was for it's day, but in a different way in 10.0. It can be done with the right leadership.

First step is lose these three things;

- Systems like Artifacts, Azerite, Corruption, Essences, Netherlight Crucible, Soulbinds, Conduits, Renown, etc...all that garbage needs to never come back and nothing like it again. Don't ever design "systems" like that again in WoW.

- Multiple currencies, all this different crap you need to obtain to upgrade your Legendary, or buy this special thing or this and that, F it, that crap sucks. Soul Ash, and Soul Cinders and Reservoir Anima, or Coalescing Visions, and Prismatic Manapearl, and Ancient Mana, Wakening Essence, etc... don't create this garbage in the next expansion.

- Time gating. Stop Blizz, please just stop with this.

I'm playing again. Got a few classes to level 25 on a new-to-me realm. Couple healers. Tanks for a switch. I've always done holy priests, but leveling a disc priest which is a challenge in itself which I knew was coming.

However, its like an abusive relationship. I already know what is coming. I can see the end game. I'm not sure why I'm here.

WoW's problem is pretty simple, it got bland, boring and generic, and it's too late to change it now, until a major revamp in 10.0 potentially.

Legion was the last "fun" expansion, but it also introduced "systems" which is bad, but in Legion they were doable and fresh for the time. I would grade the Legion expansion a B+. Then BfA continued that, and made the game worse, with crap like Essences and Corruption gear, the worst shit ever. I would grade BfA a C-. Then came Shittylands, with so much promise and the early previews looking so exciting, but now a year later it's a dog shit expansion, I would grade SL a D-

But Blizzard could right this ship, make another Legion, but not that exact expansion, but a fresh new design like that, something different and new and original, like Legion was for it's day, but in a different way in 10.0. It can be done with the right leadership.

First step is lose these three things;

- Systems like Artifacts, Azerite, Corruption, Essences, Netherlight Crucible, Soulbinds, Conduits, Renown, etc...all that garbage needs to never come back and nothing like it again. Don't ever design "systems" like that again in WoW.

- Multiple currencies, all this different crap you need to obtain to upgrade your Legendary, or buy this special thing or this and that, F it, that crap sucks. Soul Ash, and Soul Cinders and Reservoir Anima, or Coalescing Visions, and Prismatic Manapearl, and Ancient Mana, Wakening Essence, etc... don't create this garbage in the next expansion.

- Time gating. Stop Blizz, please just stop with this.

Yeah I agree, the game is just drowning in time gating systems to draw out your game time with endless daily chores. Plus designing these systems lets them reuse tons of things over and over, like how the mission table has been in every expansion since it came out in WoD. Even though tons of players hate it, yet are forced to do it for gameplay reasons. Plus for all their claims of balancing they are never able to get systems fixed in an expansion usually until the end of the expansion, and then the new system comes in and starts the cycle over again.

Yeah I agree, the game is just drowning in time gating systems to draw out your game time with endless daily chores. Plus designing these systems lets them reuse tons of things over and over, like how the mission table has been in every expansion since it came out in WoD. Even though tons of players hate it, yet are forced to do it for gameplay reasons. Plus for all their claims of balancing they are never able to get systems fixed in an expansion usually until the end of the expansion, and then the new system comes in and starts the cycle over again.

LOL Missions Tables, I almost forgot about those because I refuse to do them, unless absolutely necessary to level up or something. Dumb idea to have those in WoW, pointless and not needed or wanted. How is doing Missions Tables fun or exciting in a game?

The big question for WoW, what's next? I don't mean the crappy patch 9.2 which is just doubling down on Shittylands systems and time gating BS.

But what's next ? 10.0, the ninth expansion? There's no Blizzcon in 2022. If they stay on track the next expansion should be out late Fall 2022, like Nov / Dec 22', is that still happening? In WoW expansion history, they've always been released pretty much 2 years apart like clockwork, maybe a little less than 24 months, sometimes 22 months, but never over 2 years.

Will the game see a major revamp, and new game director with a new way of doing things and big time redo of WoW?

From what I been reading here seems they are trying to copy FFXIV. Which is crap itself. Time gates. Just the same cycle over and over. After finishing the story j see no reason to keep playing. Story is not even that good either.

Yeah I watched that too, pretty much made me want to continue my break. Ill wait for the last patch when they get rid of all the roadblocks and finally get everything fixed....at least until the next expansion continues the trend.

From what I've read 9.2 is the final SL patch. There won't be a 9.3. But a very long wait between 9.2 and 10.0

I'm just leveling different classes. I have like five at level 35. Just messing around. No real drive to even play. I can't see myself getting any more into it.

Back