World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Westwood

Supreme [H]ardness
Hit 60 a few days ago. Got the ilvl for Heroics now. Switched back to Holy. Disc is fun, but its a freaking chore to keep a lousy group alive. At least with Holy I have a few safety nets.

I'm sick of the quest line. It just goes on and on. I just want to run dungeons and raid. I'm so over kill X to collect Y an turn in at Z.

The Maw place is freaking stupid.

Did Torghast once. Wasn't bad I guess.

Still got a lot to do. I just want to get into M+ dungeons and maybe a once a week raid or something.

FighterAce124

2[H]4U
"kill x to collect y and turn in at z" is literally every MMO or RPG game in the history of the genre. I cant think of a single one that, when it gets down to it, ISNT that. Sometimes you go to Q, R, N, T, M, U and THEN Z, but you always do stuff for someone, then go to someone to turn it in, and 99% of the time its a giant circle and you end up back at the starting quest person.

This expansion clearly isnt for you, and it seems that RPGs in general may not be for you anymore if you hate the base concept of every single one thats ever been out there.

Doing the storyline gets you nice stuff, doing the dailies gets you nice stuff, etc etc.

You can do heroics and mythic and raids without doing the storyline or dailies or anything to do with the covenants, but youll be making it a lot harder on yourself, and not have a useful skill or three as well as 2-6 perks and bonuses from soulbinds, same as if you dont do torghast and unlock the runecarver and his crafted gear, youll be missing a powerful piece of gear with a very nice enchant that you can put on it. You'll be more or less limited to raidfinder and low series mythics, but you can still do them.

Westwood

Supreme [H]ardness
"kill x to collect y and turn in at z" is literally every MMO or RPG game in the history of the genre. I cant think of a single one that, when it gets down to it, ISNT that. Sometimes you go to Q, R, N, T, M, U and THEN Z, but you always do stuff for someone, then go to someone to turn it in, and 99% of the time its a giant circle and you end up back at the starting quest person.

This expansion clearly isnt for you, and it seems that RPGs in general may not be for you anymore if you hate the base concept of every single one thats ever been out there.
I don't think you could be any further from the truth. I've tried dozens and dozens of games ranging from AAA titles, Indy, went back to Dune II, and tried many reboots of older games. I always come back to Warcraft. Always. Path of Exile being my alternate.

I'm fine with X, Y, Z, but there seems to be a lot of it this time round that's more or less required. Perhaps its my less available play time due to family and work, but it just seems like I've got a lot of chores before I start hitting the M+ and raid scene. This chapter, after chapter, after chapter of the quest line is boring to me.

The renown grind is fine, I don't mind it. Honestly I don't mind grinds overall. I've played Lineage ][ (retail) for YEARS AND YEARS and have a decent background in EVE Online. So the grind is fine.

World quest rewards seem a bit underwhelming. Then again, I think I always had a flying mount available. Bombing down from site to site is s much better. Running place to place for a piece of 151 or 35 anima just isn't doing it for me.

I just feel like everything is time gated. Maw being the prime example. No mounts unless you kill one of those dogs. That timer deal where if you kill more mobs, its a total bitch to do anything and you have to wait for it to reset. I mean, just let me mount, knock out my quest line, and move on.

I just want to get my ilvl from 165 to 170, start knocking out M+, find a casual guild that will get me raiding once a week, and go on from there.

Once the quest line is over and I'm running steady M+ I'll be much happier.

Gabe3

2[H]4U
what server/side do you guys play on? I was thinking of joining a high pop one like illidan. looks like its all horde, which is fine because I want to play horde, but is this an issue for pvping? I made a character to test joining it cause it said it was full, but it loaded me in instantly onto a ship.

Last edited:

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
alliance on Shadowmoon. Guild of one lol. I have been playing even more casually on this one then previous ones. Its ok, but i personally have gotten super bored with it faster then any of the others

Gabe3

2[H]4U
alliance on Shadowmoon. Guild of one lol. I have been playing even more casually on this one then previous ones. Its ok, but i personally have gotten super bored with it faster then any of the others
I'm playing horde on thrall. I think my trial is almost finished. I bought game time before blizzard got rid of the 30 days. retail wow is actually kinda nice looking. but the gameplay is really easy. I heard that changes at 60, so I'm kinda rushing to get to 60. I picked up herb and skinning. I want to see how feasible it is to make 130k gold or whatever it takes to get a token. I wouldn't mind playing classic again at some point, so if I can use my retail character to get tokens that would be cool. my ingame name is: Seriesheals

FighterAce124

2[H]4U
Depending on your servers AH, its really easy to make money off herb/alch, I paid for ~6 months of game time doing it, would usually do maybe 1-3 days of moderate effort to gather and make flasks/sell stacks of herbs Herbs alone can pay for it if you spend another day or two just gathering. Its easy peasy. Get the shredder mount to pick without dismounting, lifes so easy. Not sure about skinning, but since herb alone can pay for game time, that'll just make it easier lol

Reactions: Gabe3
like this

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I'm a big WoW fan, been playing since launch. But I have to say that Shadowlands feels a bit generic, and bland, and I might actually unsub for the first time in like 6 years, which was during WoD.

Of the recent expansions I would say Legion was one of the good ones, lots to do, and was freshly designed. Class Halls, Artifact weapon appearances, Class mounts, Mage Tower, they introduced M+, and World Quests were new too, and actually gave good rewards and were pretty straightforward and fun to do. I would grade Legion A- / B+

And then BfA, I didn't care for at first, but now in hindsight I'd say was actually pretty good, not terrible, not great. Overall it was ok, would grade BfA C+

Shadowlands, I was foaming at the mouth, so excited for it, but now, I am very disappointed in it. I wouldn't call it horrible and the worst expansion ever, no, that's not a good description. But it just feels empty or hollow, rather generic, not much to do after the initial campaign and Covenant stuff is completed. Besides the Raid and M+, there's pretty much nothing to do. And we have to wait until like July for patch 9.1 which means it will have been 8 months since the expansion release that we wait for new content. I would grade Shadowlands a C- / D+

I am not a fan of the new zones being completely separated islands, and flying between zones always needing to go through Oribos is a pain. No flight whistle WTF.

Denpepe

[H]ard|Gawd
I am not a fan of the new zones being completely separated islands, and flying between zones always needing to go through Oribos is a pain. No flight whistle WTF.
I can agree with this, then again I'm a altoholic so that's keeping me busy for a while still.

What bothered me in Bfa was that there were 6 new zones, but only realy 3 for your faction, and the travelling between them was a pain imo, they made that worse now with the seperated zones, on the other hand if you played both sides you had 2 different campaigns which we do not have now and the leveling without going trough the sotry is pretty boring.

I also dislike the anima system, the price for upgrades to your base and all the cosmetics is ridiculously high, sort of like they new they had little content and used this to keep people busy, might have worked for me if I only played one toon, but so far I have 13 lvl 60 and more on the way, no way in hell am I going to farm that much anima ever.