World of Warcraft Screenshots here!

I have an elemental shaman, just dinged 70 on tuesday. :)

My elemental shaman (if you can call her that at this point) jut dinged 13 on Wednesday :D My wife created and named her ... guess that's why she pulled my hand off my mouse when I was about to cancel my account.

can dual wield that weapon with stacking procs next patch

until it gets nerfed of course

what are you talking about? dragonstrike? duel wield? no wai.

heres another one i took a few days ago

brut.jpg

Got exalted with SSO today so I bought the title lol
WoWScrnShot_042708_041748.jpg

gogo waste of 1000gold ( not like it's hard to get now with 3 70's that can do 25 dailies a day )

A little old, but I think it's a great pic.
dragonpm6.jpg

other fun ones:
Who remembers the poo quest?

Also back in the day - Got WoW to run in XGL w/ Wine.. if 0.5fps can be called running. :p

Visiting the Blood Elf Rogue trainer.

This is probably going to be a fairly unpopular comment, so let me preface it by saying I love gaming. I've loved gaming since the Sega Master System to Quake to CS:S all the way till GTA IV (which I can't wait to get ahold of tomorrow). For a year I loved WoW.

All that said, I think WoW is the first video I've been exposed to that I think is actually bad for people. Not in the sense that it might have morally questionable content ala GTA or God of War that media outlets love to blame for violence, but bad in the sense that it has the potential to literally consume peoples' lives.

I know people say stuff like, "Well, I'm just raiding with friends," or "me and my gf/bf play it together," or "people just need to show some self control," and that sounds fine, but this game is unhealthy for a lot of people who play it. When I played it I found out how addicting it can be, and I've seen a lot of people who play it to the exclusion of really important things (work, school, real life friends, relationships, exercise, breathing fresh air once in a while).

If people are concerned about the adverse effects of video games they should stop looking to see if games cause violence and start instead studying the very real and very damaging MMORPG addiction. I know this is off topic and will probably get flamed, but WoW can be unhealthy. Maybe Blizzard should start a WoW addiction support group ;).

This is probably going to be a fairly unpopular comment, so let me preface it by saying I love gaming. I've loved gaming since the Sega Master System to Quake to CS:S all the way till GTA IV (which I can't wait to get ahold of tomorrow). For a year I loved WoW.

All that said, I think WoW is the first video I've been exposed to that I think is actually bad for people. Not in the sense that it might have morally questionable content ala GTA or God of War that media outlets love to blame for violence, but bad in the sense that it has the potential to literally consume peoples' lives.

I know people say stuff like, "Well, I'm just raiding with friends," or "me and my gf/bf play it together," or "people just need to show some self control," and that sounds fine, but this game is unhealthy for a lot of people who play it. When I played it I found out how addicting it can be, and I've seen a lot of people who play it to the exclusion of really important things (work, school, real life friends, relationships, exercise, breathing fresh air once in a while).

If people are concerned about the adverse effects of video games they should stop looking to see if games cause violence and start instead studying the very real and very damaging MMORPG addiction. I know this is off topic and will probably get flamed, but WoW can be unhealthy. Maybe Blizzard should start a WoW addiction support group ;).

The original EQ was the same way for me and a lot of people. Thing is, the genre was still very new so many people didn't know what was going on or what the hell a MMORPG was. EQ didn't have the exposure WoW does today but sadly, this kind of addiction is nothing new at all. I literally used to run home from work to play EQ day after day after day. I remember when I finally quit and wondering what the hell I should do with all my new found free time. Crazy I tell ya. EQ was my first MMO and while I've played them all (including WoW), I haven't been addicted to a game like that since.

Oh well, sorry for the thread derailment. Back to the screenshots gents.

That's BS. I've got a rogue that I solo'd all the way to 61. It took about a year to do, but that's only because I waste a shitload of time in game and I really don't play but 10 hours/month at the most.

i guess im not 1337 like you then? ;)

The original EQ was the same way for me and a lot of people. Thing is, the genre was still very new so many people didn't know what was going on or what the hell a MMORPG was. EQ didn't have the exposure WoW does today but sadly, this kind of addiction is nothing new at all. I literally used to run home from work to play EQ day after day after day. I remember when I finally quit and wondering what the hell I should do with all my new found free time. Crazy I tell ya. EQ was my first MMO and while I've played them all (including WoW), I haven't been addicted to a game like that since.

Oh well, sorry for the thread derailment. Back to the screenshots gents.

I totally agree with you. I remember hearing about Evercrack and how addicting it was; addiction to games isn't really a new thing. At least for those of us who have been around it before. But for each new generation these things are new. 16 year old kids who weren't around during EQ may not realize what an effect an MMORPG can have on their lives. I won't go so far as to say come cliche like, "Something needs to be done to protect blah blah blah." Legislation rarely seems to solve anything. I just hope people (and especially parents) realize how adversely games like these can affect lives.

imo, just show self control, if you notice you have a problem, deal with it there, dont just keep letting it affect you... its just a game, thats it. ALL games have the ability to 'end lives' and become 'addicting' CS was that game for me, jedi knight dark forces II was that for me at one point also. I started to do bad in school, thought about my future, and just limited myself, its really not that hard. People just CHOOSE not to, they would rather get in just ONE more raid, or just a little bit more, or one more round, and it just branches from there.

its all about self control.

It pains me to see some these and really miss WoW. I was one of those guys who went all the way through Naxx and just ended up quitting at BC.

Anyway, here goes:

You can just imagine how funny this was if you actually saw it:
lolgoobiemothugdead.jpg

o it was funny !
i actually played regularly with him... i normally ran around WSG giving him PI only to add to the madness :p !!!
ill have to find the 6k 1shot screens :D

This is all I'm gonna say. What's important to you is not necessary important to someone else. People get to an age and they can manage to make decisions for themselves. It's not your place to tell them how to live their lives.

This is all I'm gonna say. What's important to you is not necessary important to someone else. People get to an age and they can manage to make decisions for themselves. It's not your place to tell them how to live their lives.

So what level are you in WoW? lol

So what level are you in WoW? lol

I had/have one level 70 and a few alts. I take it you think it was some sort of insulted defensive post, but it wasn't. I'm just sick of people saying that all the time. You can address it to anything though. It's just retarded.

i guess im not 1337 like you then? ;)

I guess you missed the part where it took me a fucking year to level up compared to a couple friends I have (both I knew IRL before WoW was a Blizzard CEO's wet dream). I'm by no means "1337."

As far as a games being an addiction goes, WoW has nothing new. I've seen people waste their lives away playing LoZ on the NES. When they were through with that they'd do it all again or move on to the latest FF game or whatever mind numbing RPG was out. WoW isn't the problem and isn't to blame for people who have little self-control over themselves. If it isn't WoW it'd be something else.

As far as a games being an addiction goes, WoW has nothing new. I've seen people waste their lives away playing LoZ on the NES. When they were through with that they'd do it all again or move on to the latest FF game or whatever mind numbing RPG was out. WoW isn't the problem and isn't to blame for people who have little self-control over themselves. If it isn't WoW it'd be something else.

Seriously.. thank you.
I think people pointing their fingers at world of warcraft for social problems is about as shallow as the news pointing fingers at videogames in general for violence issues. The debate comes surprisingly close to the gun control issue with some saying "Problem is the gun's availability" and others saying "The problem is the people, not the gun".

Well, I can see where you guys are all coming from saying it's personal responsibility and choice that has people throwing their lives away. I agree with that. People can choose to not play WoW, however, once a person is addicted to the game breaking free can be difficult. I don't say this as a person who is on the outside looking in; I say this as an avid gamer. WoW poses a problem for people.

My whole point is that WoW can pose problems for people who don't know how to manage it. A lot of young guys don't know how to manage their time, and telling a guy who plays WoW till 4 am every morning that he's an addict and it's his own fault isn't really going to help him with his addiction.

I'm not telling people how to live or what not to play or saying anything like "MMORPGs should be banned from Earth." I'm simply trying to point out that games of this kind are more addicting than others and can really be a problem. People need to be careful when playing these games and when allowing their children to play them (yes that is true of all games, but in different ways). Do you disagree with that?

I really do hate how often games are used as scapegoats, but I still think WoW is an unhealthy game moreso than any other game I've ever seen.

*EDIT* I'll stop discussing this here. lloose just started up a thread for the topic. Sorry to have derailed your thread. Have fun.

Well, I can see where you guys are all coming from saying it's personal responsibility and choice that has people throwing their lives away. I agree with that. People can choose to not play WoW, however, once a person is addicted to the game breaking free can be difficult. I don't say this as a person who is on the outside looking in; I say this as an avid gamer. WoW poses a problem for people.

My whole point is that WoW can pose problems for people who don't know how to manage it. A lot of young guys don't know how to manage their time, and telling a guy who plays WoW till 4 am every morning that he's an addict and it's his own fault isn't really going to help him with his addiction.

I'm not telling people how to live or what not to play or saying anything like "MMORPGs should be banned from Earth." I'm simply trying to point out that games of this kind are more addicting than others and can really be a problem. People need to be careful when playing these games and when allowing their children to play them (yes that is true of all games, but in different ways). Do you disagree with that?

I really do hate how often games are used as scapegoats, but I still think WoW is an unhealthy game moreso than any other game I've ever seen.

I disagree that WoW is any more life damaging than any other game. It just gets more press than other games for some reason.

I disagree that WoW is any more life damaging than any other game. It just gets more press than other games for some reason.

Exactly. My brothers could play medieval total war just as much as an wow gamer. It's the hot thing to hate on now.

Yay for derailing a screenshot thread into arguments!

Anyhow, I took this screenshot when I was on the Public Test Realms (PTR) for the most recent patch that's live now (2.4.0?) and there was a bug that messed up creature scaling. It was quite amusing :D

Wow2008-02-2413-26-04-28.jpg

EDIT: This was a pretty fun AV game:

WoWScrnShot_080407_230315.jpg

I guess you missed the part where it took me a fucking year to level up compared to a couple friends I have (both I knew IRL before WoW was a Blizzard CEO's wet dream). I'm by no means "1337."

It was a joke..... i need to add more smilies next time :(:p;):D:eek::cool: there...

Back