World of Warcraft Running On iPad—Streamed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Back in May Steve wrote about the possibility of running World of Warcraft on an iPad. It is no longer just a possibility, but a beta reality. No thanks to Apple for this achievement.

aikai is a game streaming service currently in beta. It would allow you to play games using a Flash client on any desktop and, apparently, a native client on the iPad (or iPhone, I presume). In theory, an application like this would allow any kind of game to be played in the iPhone OS without going through the App Store payment system, something that is not going to make people in Cupertino happy.

It could be done on a Windows Tablet, although you would be worse than keyboard turners.

It could be done on a Windows Tablet, although you would be worse than keyboard turners.

I didnt think you could ever be worse than wswswsadwswawad back peddling until now.

This would be handy for the days you're running late and want to check your auctions, mail, etc. from work though.

Streaming games isn't news. Repost it when it's natively running on the iPad.

I just connect my mouse, keyboard and speakers and I can totally play WoW! It's... magical. :D

Wait, what's that? I can do that on a Lenovo IdeaPad S12 or HP 311 for significantly less with all of those accessories built-in? AND those ION netbooks can do HD out? Ha.

an application like this would allow any kind of game to be played in the iPhone OS without going through the App Store payment system

Ha! now we know the real reason Jobs will not let Flash on the iPhone or iPad.

Back