World of Warcraft Patch 3.3.0 Released

What's the cross server dungeon finder? Can someone explain it?

If you're familiar with cross-server battlegrounds, it's pretty much the same concept. You select your role (tank/heal/dps) and queue up. The matchmaking system will let you know that a group has been arranged and you can join it. Once everyone accepts the notification (you'll see green checkmarks next to the tank/heal/dps icons like a /readycheck), everyone will be ported to a random dungeon, or a specific dungeon if you opted not to go random.

Oh yeah, the party will also get a 5% boost to damage, heals and health whenever you use the dungeon tool, which greatly encourages pugging.You can also get rewarded 2 more emblems of triumph after the daily frosts if you keep using the random dungeon option, which also encourages players to go random.

Furthermore, instead of Need/Greeding everything, you'll have the option to disenchant the item on the spot too. I think Greed and Disenchant are on the exact same priority level. So if you get a mixture of people Greeding and Disenchanting, the highest roller will win the item/enchanting mat.

If you're familiar with cross-server battlegrounds, it's pretty much the same concept. You select your role (tank/heal/dps) and queue up. The matchmaking system will let you know that a group has been arranged and you can join it. Once everyone accepts the notification (you'll see green checkmarks next to the tank/heal/dps icons like a /readycheck), everyone will be ported to a random dungeon, or a specific dungeon if you opted not to go random.

Oh yeah, the party will also get a 5% boost to damage, heals and health whenever you use the dungeon tool, which greatly encourages pugging.You can also get rewarded 2 more emblems of triumph after the daily frosts if you keep using the random dungeon option, which also encourages players to go random.

Furthermore, instead of Need/Greeding everything, you'll have the option to disenchant the item on the spot too. I think Greed and Disenchant are on the exact same priority level. So if you get a mixture of people Greeding and Disenchanting, the highest roller will win the item/enchanting mat.

Thx. Why is it called cross-server though?

Because it's cross-server???

the new dungeon system works with the other servers in your Battlegroup (mine's vindication) and makes pugs with players from those servers.

I just did HCoS with guys from 3 different realms. It was pretty awesome.

Because you can now pug instances with people from other realms.

Because it's cross-server???

the new dungeon system works with the other servers in your Battlegroup (mine's vindication) and makes pugs with players from those servers.

I just did HCoS with guys from 3 different realms. It was pretty awesome.

Yeah I did HCoS as well in the pug system. Was pretty slick. The new DE option seems to work sometimes, but not all the time.

Server stability is an issue. I am sure it will be better by the weekend.

I like the cross realm feature. I'm tired of seeing people asking for groups and stating "will check gear!", "need gear score of 938938493943 or more!"

I tried this feature last night, and I'm liking it. I kept doing the random instance selection, and even did the same instance twice. I don't know if that's working as intended.

The x-server LFG works great and I never had to wait more than 2 minutes to find groups. During primetime, there was a lot of lag and problems with ppl getting dropped from groups but that cleared later in the evening with less people on.

After I did the random daily, I queued for the new heroics, which you have to unlock in order. Now granted, being unfamiliar with the new dungeons in a healer role is a big handicap, but even so, the new dungeons are incredibly difficult and even a very well geared group is going to stuggle until everyone becomes more familiar with the new instances. It's a nice change since for the most part, the old heroics were pretty weaksauce with an even half-competant group.

I'm looking forward to trying them again tonight since my group finally quit on the last 5 man heroic (Halls of Reflection?) and we didn't get to the Lich King.

Good times!

I tried this feature last night, and I'm liking it. I kept doing the random instance selection, and even did the same instance twice. I don't know if that's working as intended.

Doing the random you can get the same instance multiple times. But if you try ti manualy select the same heroic you will be locked out.

Oh and also my ret play got the broken hilt for Quel'delar and I am now on step 8 of 11 for getting the weapon reward.

My guild actually got 2 broken hilts to drop for the same 5 people in 2 of the new heroics.

just what we need more over powered palys lol arrrrrrrgh i hope i dont see you in any of the bgs lol

After playing it a bit last night, cross-realm instances is exactly what this game needed. I did about 5 random heroics, finished them all with a good variety of people from different servers. Its just great. You get gold and 2 extra badges for finishing a random heroic so the badges pile up quickly. You all have a 5% damage and health boost if it was random. Plus the option to disenchant instead of greed for items, as long as you have an enchanter in the random group, so I got a few abyss crystals for the runs.

One gripe is you cant be queued for a raid at the same time as a heroic dungeon, so you cant advertise that you would like to do Ony or whatever while you screw around in heroics. But overall this is a huge addition to the game.

the cross server thing sounds great, one of the main reasons I quit playing is because it was a hassle to find a group.

Gearing up is pretty easy. I geared up via PVP, some crafted, and badge gear. The crafted and PVP gear is good enough for Heroics and most normal 10 man raids.

maybe that worked for u in tbc, but not wolk. unless u just don't care for ur performance.

maybe that worked for u in tbc, but not wolk. unless u just don't care for ur performance.

I just did it with a Shaman in WotLK. He hit 80 in September, and I play about 10 hours a week. (Pretty casual) PVP gear is more than sufficient to heal heroics. Get some lucky drops and some badges to buy up.

Feel free to make fun of my toon....

I generally finish second or third in healing and second lowest in over heals when clearing ToC 25. (Gear is important, but skill can make up a lot...)

The problem is peoples attitudes and concerns over other peoples gear. My warlock was 80 in the first week of WotLk release. (Unemployed at the time FTL) I was clearing heroics and released raids wearing blues and greens and some crafted items. Now people want everyone to be so over-geared so they can face roll through encounters. Prime example: HToC a couple days ago, warrior tank had 27k HP, buffed (no FORT but food). 2 people left the group because his HP was low. Once we found some dps that didn't care (or didn't notice) his low HP, we cleared it, with 1 death on the final boss, which was my screw up.

(Note: I was hardcore player until January, I quit and started back up in September.)

I just did it with a Shaman in WotLK. He hit 80 in September, and I play about 10 hours a week. (Pretty casual) PVP gear is more than sufficient to heal heroics. Get some lucky drops and some badges to buy up.

Feel free to make fun of my toon....

I generally finish second or third in healing and second lowest in over heals when clearing ToC 25. (Gear is important, but skill can make up a lot...)

The problem is peoples attitudes and concerns over other peoples gear. My warlock was 80 in the first week of WotLk release. (Unemployed at the time FTL) I was clearing heroics and released raids wearing blues and greens and some crafted items. Now people want everyone to be so over-geared so they can face roll through encounters. Prime example: HToC a couple days ago, warrior tank had 27k HP, buffed (no FORT but food). 2 people left the group because his HP was low. Once we found some dps that didn't care (or didn't notice) his low HP, we cleared it, with 1 death on the final boss, which was my screw up.

(Note: I was hardcore player until January, I quit and started back up in September.)

Same thing in many MMO's... people whine if you don't have the best gear available, but that's because they don't know how to play decently and thus don't realize it's doable with less by any competent player.

Hmmm, there's a bug going on here that gives me 2 emblems of frost after every random heroic instead of the first one of the day :D

The new DE option seems to work sometimes, but not all the time.

What do you mean by that? I think if there's no enchanter of a sufficient skill level in the group, you can't DE items (at least that's what I heard). There's also some items you can't DE like frozen orbs.

Played last night and got through CoS with cross server pug. Very fun. A bit buggy, but that is to be expected on patch day.

I am so stoked about this patch.

No more struggling to get groups together, only have people drop out or bitch at you about your gear/role/vent or missing guild invites. This game just got 1000% more fun overnight for me.

ONLY issue I forsee is that alot of people are going to get more gear quicker. More high level greens. But hell I don't care.

For the casual player this is just awesome.

THANK YOU BLIZZ!!!!

What do you mean by that? I think if there's no enchanter of a sufficient skill level in the group, you can't DE items (at least that's what I heard). There's also some items you can't DE like frozen orbs.

I think the group didn't have an enchanter, I didn't see that was a requirement for teh option to work. So I was wrong that it wasn't working.

Same thing in many MMO's... people whine if you don't have the best gear available, but that's because they don't know how to play decently and thus don't realize it's doable with less by any competent player.

Yeah, I learned that on my druid when I first started raiding, pre-BC days. As a druid, vanilla WoW, you were basically a healer that no one wanted except for the buff in a 40 man raid. As the only druid in that guild, I was often one of the best geared healers. I didn't realize how bad of a healer I was until a second druid joined us. He healed circles around me and many other T-2 geared healers, and he was in greens. He finished #1 heals and last in over heals for the first BWL run he did with us. (If you remember druid healing pre-BC, that is significant to be tops over priests.) I learned a lot about healing (pre-casting, canceling, down ranking...)and game mechanics from that guy, thus I don't judge harshly on peoples gear. Skill can make up a for a lot.

Last edited:
I finally tried the Dungeon Finder last night and thought it was pretty slick. I haven't done many instances, so this is a real boon for me. That and the guild I'm in isn't very active. At least now I can start getting geared up... ;)

I haven’t played for about 6 months, but I saw that there were 7 free days waiting so WTH right? I like how you get ported to the instance too when your group is formed, very slick. No more debating about who is going to fly to the stone, waiting for summons and all that bollocks. Same idea as queuing for BG’s from anywhere. You can keep farming, doing dailies or w/e, do the dungeon or BG and go right back to what you were doing. Very casual friendly indeed. I seriously doubt I’ll resubscribe though.

Played way too much last night. Got into multple instances using the new LFG. Holy crap is was so much fun. Got 3 awesome peices of gear and nearly doubled my dps in one night. Not to mention emblems up the wazoo.

HOWEVER, I can see that it is going to be time to take a break from WoW for me. There is a point where you decide that you are not hardcore and never want to be hardcore. For the casual, the best thing you can do to enjoy the game is to take vacations from it.

I expect I will play a lot for the next month and then log out until cataclysm.

I want to play but god fucking damn I hate the grind. I have a lvl 70 hunter and I know if I just push myself to 80 I can get gear for alts that makes the leveling experience faster but I just wish pre-BC wasn't world of walkcraft :(

Any advice? I'm like a lvl 24-26 paladin

If possible level with someone, preferably a friend - makes it a lot more fun.

for now im still having hard time fining a pug. ill do more tonight to see if i can get into one. i have a lvl53 hunter and 37 lock and 37 mage. for the horde! of course. my hunter is the money maker so far but its slow coming. alot of quests still dont pay all that will when you figure on travel costs......ammo costs........armor repair costs.

for now im still having hard time fining a pug. ill do more tonight to see if i can get into one. i have a lvl53 hunter and 37 lock and 37 mage. for the horde! of course. my hunter is the money maker so far but its slow coming. alot of quests still dont pay all that will when you figure on travel costs......ammo costs........armor repair costs.

The money really starts to come in BC. Get yourself to 58 and head to Outlands (assuming that you have BC of course). Dungeon PuG may well be easier to find there also, not sure.

What professions are you using? It depends realm to realm of course, but the realms I've played on, having gathering professions like mining, herbalism and skinning all seem to be very good money makers. I avoid the crafting professions because they don't really seem to make a lot of money until you've either done a lot of grind for mats, or you spend a ton of gold to level the profession. Mat gathering professions start making you money almost right away. I have mining and skinning on my current main, a level 80 Draeni pally. I never really wanted for gold on this toon and it's even the first toon I've gotten epic flying on... :cool:

I want to play but god fucking damn I hate the grind. I have a lvl 70 hunter and I know if I just push myself to 80 I can get gear for alts that makes the leveling experience faster but I just wish pre-BC wasn't world of walkcraft :(

Any advice? I'm like a lvl 24-26 paladin

Are you kidding? WoW is so easy to level in now. You get epic mounts at 30 or 40 I forgot and flying mounts at 60 and they increased the speed of normal flying mounts,

Are you kidding? WoW is so easy to level in now. You get epic mounts at 30 or 40 I forgot and flying mounts at 60 and they increased the speed of normal flying mounts,

The only major grind comes in Northrend, from Level 71 - 80 takes for gosh dang ever :rolleyes: Where as Outlands Level 58-68 is uber super fast over night to level all ten.

my lvl54 hunter does skinning and leatherworking so i sold some leather on the ah other day made a few gold. ill just keep doing that. if i can keep my main and 2 other alts from being broke ill be happy. im on hyjal. whats frustrating is common every day shit is expensive on ah. wool or linen is crazy expensive. stack is like 15 gold on my server.

The only major grind comes in Northrend, from Level 71 - 80 takes for gosh dang ever :rolleyes: Where as Outlands Level 58-68 is uber super fast over night to level all ten.

I think the pacing in Northrend is more like how Blizz intended to be. Before the exp nerf, the pacing from 60-70 in Outlands seemed even longer. Blizz just decided to shorten the time it takes to level up to the latest content. I'm expecting the same treatment for Northrend just before Cataclysm hits.

I learned a lot about healing (pre-casting, canceling, down ranking...)and game mechanics from that guy, thus I don't judge harshly on peoples gear. Skill can make up a for a lot.

Plus anyone using Clique + Grid will probably outheal anyone not using it, and doing so while watching a movie on the 2nd monitor ;)

:cool:

I re-subbed today to try this out.

I haven't played since about a week after 3.1. Should be interesting.

Audiocow on Stormscale.

You still gotta walk all over barrens to do those stupid kill questions :(

It's great to see ICC, BUT Blizz did something to the graphics again like they did pre-bc. People who were getting 80-90fps PRE 3.3 in raids are getting 20fps now. There are threads all over their tech support forum (unanswered last I checked) all about it. I'm not talking small machines with 8400gs video cards. I'm talking people with I7's and 5970's with 4+gb of ram.

I've done 4 runs of the new dungeons, and every one has had a Pally tank. Do the other classes suck for tanking now, or was it just the luck of the draw? I remember nerfs to Druids and DK tanks before I left this summer.

Back