World of Warcraft is getting boring. Which mmorpg you suggest?

coolblue55

n00b
After 5 months of playing world of warcraft, it's getting boring.
It is my first mmorpg though, which other mmo out there you consider fun?

I've heard good things about CoV and CoH. Guild Wars is supposed to be great if you really like PvP. Keep your eye on Warhammer Online - due out next year.

I hear you on the WoW thing. Been playing since launch, 2 60s, one all in purples. Gets boring running the same instance over and over again.

i quit playing for awhile. But with the return of world pvp and non competitive quit your job rankings, the game is gonna be fun as hell(just like pre battlegrounds). I got the whole crew coming back to kick some teeth in. If you havent tried World PVP you should try it. Funnest part of the game

J

Shadowbane, its free, the graphics are outdated... but are you core enough full open-PvP and looting?

Seriously SB is a killer PvP MMO if that is your game :) (though nothing has yet to beat UO pre-trammel, maybe Darkfall will be but that is still in development)

CoV and CoH are fun for a few months and very fun if you like to create alts. To this day, no MMORPG can compare with how fun that game was the first time I played it.

I'm waiting for Darkfall Online. All others out there right now are not worth playing imo.

Eve Online. Best PVP in the mmo genre, awesome crafting/trade/econ, and the PvE game isn't too bad though it could be better.

eq2 and eve... i prefer eq2 (played eve for about 6 months tho), eve is too sterile for me and more cerebral.

pillbub said:
None of current mmorpgs are any good, they all suck :rolleyes:

There's one, but in this one if you get killed you don't revive to go get your dead body and then revive. There are laws, incredible algorithms, hundred of millions of living creatures all interracting at the same time, it doesn't cost any monthly fees, don't need to upgrade your computer or whatever, it's in 3D, no special equipement and this game represent a planet they call "earth".

That game is call LIFE.
And you can even get paid while playing this game, isn't that fun ? :p (Just tried it on a friend who's playing WoW for months now and don' even come to our lan parties 'cause we're not playing "mmoRPG" :/)

po134 said:
There's one, but in this one if you get killed you don't revive to go get your dead body and then revive. There are laws, incredible algorithms, hundred of millions of living creatures all interracting at the same time, it doesn't cost any monthly fees, don't need to upgrade your computer or whatever, it's in 3D, no special equipement and this game represent a planet they call "earth".

That game is call LIFE.
And you can even get paid while playing this game, isn't that fun ? :p (Just tried it on a friend who's playing WoW for months now and don' even come to our lan parties 'cause we're not playing "mmoRPG" :/)

there are more people than we know that need to start playing this game.

theNoid said:
None, because WoW is it.

If you're bored, leave the genre.

QFT!

I have played almost all of them and WoW is a lot better than all of them. If you are tired of WoW then quit the genre until some new stuff comes out.

CodeX said:
QFT!

I have played almost all of them and WoW is a lot better than all of them. If you are tired of WoW then quit the genre until some new stuff comes out.

Dark Age of Camelot by Mythic Entertainment is better than World of Warcraft by far... I have played both to the endgames for awhile (DAoC since launch, and I did WoW for several months from its launch then cancelled it), and Dark Age of Camelot is a far superior game for longevity and fun factor to me.

It depends on what you are going for. In my opinion, WoW has refined the traditional sword-and-sorcery RPG to make it the most player friendly. EQ1, EQ2, DAoC etc... all take longer to level and are less solo-able. Or at least, were when I played them.

If you're open to a superhero/comicbook world then City of Heroes and City of Villians might be for you. It is fairly casual-friendly and soloable too. Unlike a lot of other MMOs, there's almost no gear for you to collect. Just "Enhancements" that give you a boost to your level and class based skills. I've just started a trial month of CoH/V so I'm going to see how I like it , but so far its a worthy alternative or partner to WoW.

EVE Online is another, great looking MMO. However, it is easily the most complex MMORPG I've ever seen. If you ever wanted to live out your Firefly/Serenity starship pilot dreams, this is the place. The economy is amazing. I've just started a 14 day trial, and I'm still learning. So far, plotting courses and combat are a little different then normal MMOs. There's a lot to learn about preferred range, orbiting and approaching the enemy, etc. Still, it is very polished and may very well pique your interest.

I think that WoW is the best if you want an easy MMO that you can jump into quickly. It sounds like you've advanced past that level, and crave something more.

DAOC? It's older, but still really fun. EQII is okay if you have both the system to run it, and the sheer amount of time it takes to learn it well.

When WoW got boring for me, I started playing single player games that I have missed out on. Hell, I'm even back to playing LoZ:OoT/MM, because I never finished Majora's Mask, and I want to play the Master Quest version Ocarina of Time. Tales of Eternia, Ninja Gaiden, and Oblivion are all on my plate at the moment. I also need to catch up on some television shows, such as Monk, House, and Fate/Stay Night; I've got some movies that I need to watch, too, like Millenium Actress, Clerks 2, and Mirror Mask.

MMorpg's are fun don't get me wrong, I however perfer a game like Neverwinter Nights, where the persistant worlds are made BY the players. Play on one server until you get bored, move to a diffrent one and the game changes 99%. That 1% that doesn't change is well.. how the game itself works.

I played WoW on the offical servers and when I got bored I tried some of the free/hacked/unoffical servers. Diffrent type of game play, love'd having DM's get us some crazy creatures in the middle of a town, party up and take em down. That was fun, but i suppose it brings me back to my NWN days where all the servers are DM'd and can change at any given moment.

Another good MMORPG that I liked alot is Anarchy Online. That game is by far the most immersive game i've ever played. I'm not sure if WoW or some of the others have this, but with Anarchy Online, they had a podcast type thing. Linked winamp to a sepecific site and the DJ's played music and hosted all types of fun contests and gave away some really cool stuff. Yes the DJ's played the game while streaming music and hosting contests etc. So as you listened you could participate in the contest etc.

Anyway, I hate to continue to praise games like NWN but they are by far the funnest IMHO. I would also suggest picking up a copy of the game (very cheap currently) and trying out a few of the persistant worlds like Kingdom of Thatees.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

coolxboxgamer said:
runescape

ROFLMA!!!!

All the school kids at the library where I work play the shit out of runescape on our computers. Damn am I glad school started this week :D

WesM63 said:
MMorpg's are fun don't get me wrong, I however perfer a game like Neverwinter Nights, where the persistant worlds are made BY the players. Play on one server until you get bored, move to a diffrent one and the game changes 99%. That 1% that doesn't change is well.. how the game itself works.

I played WoW on the offical servers and when I got bored I tried some of the free/hacked/unoffical servers. Diffrent type of game play, love'd having DM's get us some crazy creatures in the middle of a town, party up and take em down. That was fun, but i suppose it brings me back to my NWN days where all the servers are DM'd and can change at any given moment.

Another good MMORPG that I liked alot is Anarchy Online. That game is by far the most immersive game i've ever played. I'm not sure if WoW or some of the others have this, but with Anarchy Online, they had a podcast type thing. Linked winamp to a sepecific site and the DJ's played music and hosted all types of fun contests and gave away some really cool stuff. Yes the DJ's played the game while streaming music and hosting contests etc. So as you listened you could participate in the contest etc.

Anyway, I hate to continue to praise games like NWN but they are by far the funnest IMHO. I would also suggest picking up a copy of the game (very cheap currently) and trying out a few of the persistant worlds like Kingdom of Thatees.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I just picked up neverwinter nights diamond and have played it for a few hours...its huge and awesome and I'm not even online with it yet.

blucadet3 said:
ROFLMA!!!!

All the school kids at the library where I work play the shit out of runescape on our computers. Damn am I glad school started this week :D

At our college cafee too :p ! Damn people go work and buy yourself a decent computer to play "real game" :p

Go play test drive unlimited! Read something about it and look at youtube for some vids.
Its a MOOR (Massive Open Online Racing game).

You'll love it

Guild. Freaking. Wars. For the price of WoW and a few months of subscription, you have Guild Wars AND the Factions campaign. That's basically two huge games to explore, tone of opportunities for PVP and loot. It's just great.

I agree with the above poster saying that DAOC is a superior game, but it'll still wear you out. Ever since WoW came out and daoc had a population hit, I feel that Mythic hasn't recovered from it. The PVP server (the only one worth playing in my opinion) has been dwindling ever since, too. My suggestion is to wait for a new set of MMOs to appear on the market. But if you have to have that genre to satisfy yourself, play with some free ones. AO and SB are starters.

po134 said:

That game is call LIFE.

Hmm. I would suggest the expansion to this ^ game instead. It's called the "dating game" where the goal is to go out and talk to women and form relationships with them. The gameplay changes based on the level of skill and maturity of the player, and every 'level' plays out differently! :D

Be careful though, as the rules are very elaborate, and if you should break the wrong one, the force-feedback will kick in, and you'll recoil from the slap.

I will be buying The Chronicles of Spellborn when it comes out in a few months. It promises to have skill based fps like combat, and pvp as an integral part of the story. The best part though is that it is not item based. There is no uber leet set of armor or weapons. Any item can be as powerful as any other whether it is crafted or dropped. It is certainly worth a look if you are tired of the same old mmo.

Be sure to run your dating game client in windowed mode so you can run other apps too like school, work, ect.

Back