World of Warcraft Classic

With respect to multiboxing, I don't blame this guy at all. The WOW community has way too many idiots in it for random grouping. You get the enchanter or just some greedy bastard who rolls need on everything including the BOP item that that you needed. You get the tank or healer who says "Oh, I just needed that one boss -- bye". Or the "I didn't know this was going to take so long and have to leave". The hunter that brings no ammo. The warriors that refuse to wait for the mana users to drink before a major pull. DPS classes refusing to do any CC and letting the healer die. Tanks breaking the CC before dealing with primary mobs. Healers spec'd for DPS for leveling but trying to heal a dungeon run. Tanks spec'd for DPS but trying to tank a dungeon run. The entire community is obviously not bad but there's a high enough percentage to just make it toxic in general. Even if you have 4 friends that want to play with you, it's hard to get everybody to level at the same rate and play at the same time. Guilds can help but they have their own problems and generally are geared towards later content and not the leveling process. The nostalgia is not worth the time sync for me any more when you take off the rose colored glasses and see what the WOW community has become.

Man... some of you guys have really unrealistically pessimistic views of other players in this game. You may run into a bad apple once every so often but never to the point that I’d think about removing the “multiplayer” aspect of a massive multiplayer online role playing game.

I’ve ran multiple dungeons multiple times in classic (WC, SFK, SM, ZF, Mara) and not a single group failed and not a single group had a single bad or inconsiderate player. In fact, every group has been accommodating to ensure everyone completes their quests and farms loot if you need it.

This has also pretty much been my experience in the 15 years I’ve played WoW. Maybe 5% of all my dungeon groups either failed or had a dumbass in the group.

What class/role did you play? I suspect as the healer or the tank that your experience would be better than average. I'd say the percentage was more like 20% unless the group had some guild composition -- maybe higher. Combine the bad group behaviors and the lame global chat dominated by teens and guild membership almost became mandatory so you could filter out the bad. I started WOW Classic in my 30's though so maybe I had a lower tolerance for the "kiddies". The anonymity in the game and the fact that there's very few consequences for your actions really bring out the worst in a certain segment of the population and that segment just kept getting larger as time went by.

Man... some of you guys have really unrealistically pessimistic views of other players in this game. You may run into a bad apple once every so often but never to the point that I’d think about removing the “multiplayer” aspect of a massive multiplayer online role playing game.

I’ve ran multiple dungeons multiple times in classic (WC, SFK, SM, ZF, Mara) and not a single group failed and not a single group had a single bad or inconsiderate player. In fact, every group has been accommodating to ensure everyone completes their quests and farms loot if you need it.

This has also pretty much been my experience in the 15 years I’ve played WoW. Maybe 5% of all my dungeon groups either failed or had a dumbass in the group.

What class/role did you play? I suspect as the healer or the tank that your experience would be better than average. I'd say the percentage was more like 20% unless the group had some guild composition -- maybe higher. Combine the bad group behaviors and the lame global chat dominated by teens and guild membership almost became mandatory so you could filter out the bad. I started WOW Classic in my 30's though so maybe I had a lower tolerance for the "kiddies". The anonymity in the game and the fact that there's very few consequences for your actions really bring out the worst in a certain segment of the population and that segment just kept getting larger as time went by.
I tanked and DPS'd in Vanilla 15 years ago, have been pretty much every single class over the 15 years through retail and in Classic I'm playing a Warlock. The only "lame" global chat I've encountered is Barrens chat which is notorious for being the meme chat channel in WoW since the beginning. But other than that nothing lame in the other channels. I guess if you have an absolute zero tolerance for bullshit you should avoid multiplayer games altogether. But if you can deal with the occasional idiot I don't understand why you'd not play the game or multibox just to avoid everyone else. I PUG nearly all my dungeon groups and still stick with the 5% estimate.

Apparently the reason you don't understand is because you've had only 1/4 of the bad interactions. I'd suggest that if your main was a healer or tank that most groups will kiss your ass since it used to be very difficult to get those roles in dungeons. You could kick a dps from a group and get another person almost immediately -- granted there was travel time involved without a warlock but that time was nothing compared to the amount of time to get a new healer/tank. I've played mage/lock/druid at raid content in classic. I obviously preferred DPS but also played healer on the druid and even tank on normal dungeon runs. There was definitely a difference in group depending on role. With respect to global chat, it's almost universally bad. I remember so many 1:1 conversations going on over global chat and always wondered, why don't you just whisper the person directly? I'd love to see a large MMO with an age restriction on realms (not for XXX talk) but in hopes of reducing the amount of chatter or at least elevating it to a bit higher standard. I ultimately shut it off unless I needed it for something specific and mostly replaced it with just guild chat. I think the most fun part of the game was the lvl 60 dungeons -- not the raid content. My personal favorite was Dire Maul.

I tanked and DPS'd in Vanilla 15 years ago, have been pretty much every single class over the 15 years through retail and in Classic I'm playing a Warlock. The only "lame" global chat I've encountered is Barrens chat which is notorious for being the meme chat channel in WoW since the beginning. But other than that nothing lame in the other channels. I guess if you have an absolute zero tolerance for bullshit you should avoid multiplayer games altogether. But if you can deal with the occasional idiot I don't understand why you'd not play the game or multibox just to avoid everyone else. I PUG nearly all my dungeon groups and still stick with the 5% estimate.

Apparently the reason you don't understand is because you've had only 1/4 of the bad interactions. I'd suggest that if your main was a healer or tank that most groups will kiss your ass since it used to be very difficult to get those roles in dungeons. You could kick a dps from a group and get another person almost immediately -- granted there was travel time involved without a warlock but that time was nothing compared to the amount of time to get a new healer/tank. I've played mage/lock/druid at raid content in classic. I obviously preferred DPS but also played healer on the druid and even tank on normal dungeon runs. There was definitely a difference in group depending on role. With respect to global chat, it's almost universally bad. I remember so many 1:1 conversations going on over global chat and always wondered, why don't you just whisper the person directly? I'd love to see a large MMO with an age restriction on realms (not for XXX talk) but in hopes of reducing the amount of chatter or at least elevating it to a bit higher standard. I ultimately shut it off unless I needed it for something specific and mostly replaced it with just guild chat. I think the most fun part of the game was the lvl 60 dungeons -- not the raid content. My personal favorite was Dire Maul.

I play a priest, and on my server, there are more priests than any other class, yes, that includes mages too. It's the followed by paladins and druids. So there are a glut of healers.

But the amount of blaming going on is unreal. As you mentioned above, there's so tanks who decide to pull 3 mobs while the healers and mages/warlocks are completely drained of mana, and then they start blaming everyone else but themselves as to why the group wiped. And this isn't a rare occurrence. Nor people rolling on gear that the can't use. Just a couple days ago, I had a paladin in my group who decided to roll need on everything. His reason? He was an enchanter and needed the shards they produced. Well gee Mr. Paladin, I'm a priest, and I can use that cloth gear. I think that comes before your enchanting. And that too isn't a slight occurrence. I've gone to LBRS now about 21 times, and I have yet to even get a gem. The leader will claim only roll greed if you need it, then someone holds off until the very last second to see everyone else claim greed, they'll then roll need. The next gem that comes up, it then becomes a need fest.

That's the kind of crap that I remember. Everybody must have also remembered that priests used to be in high demand which is why you have so many. Never understood why the tanks were always in such a hurry. The instances go so much smoother when your mana users are actually able to function. As a mage, I've always wanted to just do a few pulls with wand only when the tanks did that shit but it wouldn't be fair to the healer and I'd just be kicked from the group since DPS was disposable.

I play a priest, and on my server, there are more priests than any other class, yes, that includes mages too. It's the followed by paladins and druids. So there are a glut of healers.

But the amount of blaming going on is unreal. As you mentioned above, there's so tanks who decide to pull 3 mobs while the healers and mages/warlocks are completely drained of mana, and then they start blaming everyone else but themselves as to why the group wiped. And this isn't a rare occurrence. Nor people rolling on gear that the can't use. Just a couple days ago, I had a paladin in my group who decided to roll need on everything. His reason? He was an enchanter and needed the shards they produced. Well gee Mr. Paladin, I'm a priest, and I can use that cloth gear. I think that comes before your enchanting. And that too isn't a slight occurrence. I've gone to LBRS now about 21 times, and I have yet to even get a gem. The leader will claim only roll greed if you need it, then someone holds off until the very last second to see everyone else claim greed, they'll then roll need. The next gem that comes up, it then becomes a need fest.

I play a Priest, when a Tank decides he wants to be billy bad ass while I have no mana, I just let him die. And if group members get greedy like above, I just leave the group.

I am however fun at parties.

Had my first bad group experience yesterday in Classic after about 30-40 groups. Still don’t see anywhere near as many bad of groups that some people in this thread claim there to be. But to each their own, I am thoroughly enjoying my non-neutered experience through Classic.

Anyway to move on from the topic of whining and shitting on the game; I hit 51 tonight on my warlock. Going to level a rogue as an alt since these final levels are getting a bit long in the tooth without rested XP. Saw that Azeroth Auto Pilot released their add-on for Classic so I can level much more efficiently.

Had my first bad group experience yesterday in Classic after about 30-40 groups. Still don’t see anywhere near as many bad of groups that some people in this thread claim there to be. But to each their own, I am thoroughly enjoying my non-neutered experience through Classic.

Anyway to move on from the topic of whining and shitting on the game; I hit 51 tonight on my warlock. Going to level a rogue as an alt since these final levels are getting a bit long in the tooth without rested XP. Saw that Azeroth Auto Pilot released their add-on for Classic so I can level much more efficiently.

Things can vary a lot, I usually play late in the evening/night when most of the drama queens are already gone to bed. But that also means there are less people around if I need help.

I've been enjoying classic a lot. We formed a guild composed of people who PUGed MC together for a few weeks, and last week we one shot the entire instance, and single phased Rag.

With respect to multiboxing, I don't blame this guy at all. The WOW community has way too many idiots in it for random grouping. You get the enchanter or just some greedy bastard who rolls need on everything including the BOP item that that you needed. You get the tank or healer who says "Oh, I just needed that one boss -- bye". Or the "I didn't know this was going to take so long and have to leave". The hunter that brings no ammo. The warriors that refuse to wait for the mana users to drink before a major pull. DPS classes refusing to do any CC and letting the healer die. Tanks breaking the CC before dealing with primary mobs. Healers spec'd for DPS for leveling but trying to heal a dungeon run. Tanks spec'd for DPS but trying to tank a dungeon run. The entire community is obviously not bad but there's a high enough percentage to just make it toxic in general. Even if you have 4 friends that want to play with you, it's hard to get everybody to level at the same rate and play at the same time. Guilds can help but they have their own problems and generally are geared towards later content and not the leveling process. The nostalgia is not worth the time sync for me any more when you take off the rose colored glasses and see what the WOW community has become.
havn't had any of those problems yet on kromcrush. lvl 50 priest. I've healed every dungeon to my lvl except 2 so far with the gear I wear for questing. I have 2 pieces of healing gear now I swap on. I did quite a bit of leveling from 40-50 in dungeons with mage aoe groups. i like leveling that way cause I get to heal which is the whole reason I'm playing a priest and level at the same time.

I've had the itch off and on to play a mage. maybe I should now to build rested xp.

Just rolled a Tauren Shaman on Bigglesworth this last week.

Definitely enjoying the classic feeling.

Totally blanked that there is no dungeon queue.

No wonder stuff took so long back in the day.

Technically off topic...

But I took this video of this random patrol parade some guild was doing.

Nerd much??

Well, this week has been eventful for me. Wednesday night I was brought in to MC by my guild at level 58 and we cleared up to Domo. Last night I dinged 60 and got most of my dreadsteed quest completed and a good chunk of my Ony attunement. Should be able to finish both of those today so I can finish MC tomorrow and do Ony. Leveling 50-60 almost solely in dungeons was pretty quick and before hitting 60 I already had most of my pre-raid best in slot gear.

Been playing a gnome warlock on Windseeker, alliance.

Our guild is clearing MC in an hour and a half or less from first pull and Ony is farmed each reset (4 minute or less kills). We've had some departures and are looking for Warlocks, Rogues and any other exceptional players. You'll be playing alongside the #1 rogue in the server and myself the #1 warlock in the server. Must be level 60 and attuned. Whisper Inferis-Windseeker (Inferis#1925) in game, or PM me here.

I hit 60 on my priest. done MC a few times. getting kinda bored. probably just need a break.

Hit 57 on my Priest today. No guild, I've joined a lot of guilds on Kromkrush, but they all seem to want to do their own thing. So I'm guildless and lonely....

Hit 57 on my Priest today. No guild, I've joined a lot of guilds on Kromkrush, but they all seem to want to do their own thing. So I'm guildless and lonely....
the guild I was in would probably want you. msg holypunk. my game time expired a month ago. was getting bored anyway. probably play shooters till new world comes out. if it sucks then try wow again.

My guild has had it on farm for awhile, but sadly I haven't gotten too much. Guess I won't mind going straight to T2
What class? I’m just missing my T2 pants from MC for tier gear. Otherwise I’m 6/8 T1 and 1/8 T2 as a warlock.

What class? I’m just missing my T2 pants from MC for tier gear. Otherwise I’m 6/8 T1 and 1/8 T2 as a warlock.
Hunter. I've had particularly bad luck on drops when theres only a few hunters and I could get cheap loot, then when it's raining giantstalker gear everyone shows up and are out bidding me

IS the game dead already ? Fill like a lot of people are leaving already (because of the grind)

Not from what I can tell on Fairbanks. Trying to find a place to farm gold in the world is really difficult with all the horde ganking me all the time T_T

Game is far from dead on my server. Raid nights the server lags in Orgrimmar and it’s absolutely packed to the brim. Several hundred people there at once. Tonight the queue was over 40 minutes on Incendius for BWL’s launch. I believe the server stats based on raiding logs show over 8000 active players on my server now right before BWL launch. We were hovering around 6500 a few weeks back.

I’m pretty happy where I landed on BWL’s launch. Have nearly every piece of loot from MC and Ony including a Talisman of Ephemeral Power and Azuresong Mageblade in the past couple weeks to round things off.

So what's the status here? I fade in and out of the game now and then. Play for a couple months, leave, come back, etc. Haven't tried classic. Don't have the time to commit to a full raid schedule so I'd probably just rock retail. Kind of liked having a game that didn't involve 100% attention and I could throw a movie on in the background while I healed. I played Vanilla back in 2004, so I'm guessing classic is still fairly demanding in regards to locking into a guild and raid schedule? As opposed to retail where I just punch in LFG and go on my way?

I've been playing regularly but have definitely slowed down to basically logging in once or twice a week to run raids. I was an officer in my last guild, but all the leadership basically burnt out completely and quit. I'm in a new semi-hardcore guild now. We clear both MC and BWL each in under an hour so raiding isn't a time sink. I have pretty much all the gear from MC and BWL so at this point running raids is just for fun and no longer about gearing as well.

If you want to experience end game content you can pretty easily join PUGs for MC and ZG, and some servers also have BWL PUGs (I've been in a couple and they went smoothly). But those are still usually at set times every week (except for ZG) and you'll have to probably fight for a spot. If you want a good experience, classic WoW is about the community which means joining a guild. That's where retail and classic separate. Retail barely has a sense of community. Most of the people I've run into in Classic WoW are in their late 20s or early 30s so its actually an enjoyable experience.

Is it worth it? Been a loonngggg time for WoW. Is classic something me and the wife can play together and get to 60 and enjoy some of the raid content? Not sure I want to invest time in retail rather just play classic WoW. Any recommended UI mods that won't kill the Classic vibe.

A lot of the good mods from back when classic was normal are around again, so most anything you used back then, can be found and used now.

The raiding scene is pretty good, but it will take a large time investment, as it did in 2005. You can definetly get your moneys worth leveling though, since it takes a long time again and is rewarding :)

Its literally the original WoW, if you liked it back then, and dont mind the fact that its the same time investment and skills required as 15 years ago, you'll love this.

I would say it's worth it if you like the game. There are subtle differences between vanilla and classic, but nothing that's turned me off enough to quit. The journey is great and I'd say it's worth it just for some fun co-op with friends.

I would say it's worth it if you like the game. There are subtle differences between vanilla and classic, but nothing that's turned me off enough to quit. The journey is great and I'd say it's worth it just for some fun co-op with friends.

The most notable difference is the disabling of something that was in the original that allowed focus frame mods to be implemented but its disabled in classic and now there are no normal, functioning focus frame mods. Really frustrating as I used one in vanilla to help with sheeping and other CC, its crap now that classic doesnt support it. Whatever it is also affects quite a few other mods and things, I just dont remember what it is thats disabled.

How's the community and game populations feel after classic having been around for a while now? I'm getting the itch to play WoW again, but I had stopped just before classic launched. It feels like the hype has subsided, but that's just from my outside-looking-in perspective. I also started playing toward the end of BC, so I never got to experience the endgame stuff for vanilla, however I guess the leveling experience in BC wasn't all that different.

How's the community and game populations feel after classic having been around for a while now? I'm getting the itch to play WoW again, but I had stopped just before classic launched. It feels like the hype has subsided, but that's just from my outside-looking-in perspective. I also started playing toward the end of BC, so I never got to experience the endgame stuff for vanilla, however I guess the leveling experience in BC wasn't all that different.

Classic is booming right now especially with the event going on.

My server is booming. Alliance population is huge, Stormwind is always overrun with 100s of people.

My server is booming. Alliance population is huge, Stormwind is always overrun with 100s of people.

And the suckiest thing..... I probably can’t join that server and have to pick one where the major cities are complete ghost towns. I have a friend who wants me to join him on his server but I can’t. It’s locked.

And the suckiest thing..... I probably can’t join that server and have to pick one where the major cities are complete ghost towns. I have a friend who wants me to join him on his server but I can’t. It’s locked.
Yea their management of the servers have been pretty pathetic

My guild has been together since shortly after classic came out and just finished clearing 15/15 Naxx, which is quite tough with 40 people only raiding 2 nights a week.

We're all getting excited for BC Classic, but the tough part is knowing we have to cut some folks from our raid roster.

Back