World of Warcraft Classic

Buddy is telling my Onyxia has already been dropped? That's crazy.
And Rag. From what I gather, the current state of the raid content they are using had gone through the entire gauntlet of tuning and nerfs. Player skill aside, It's nowhere near as hard as it was at actual classic phase 1 because they didn't dial back any of the patch changes on the raid content. Kinda lame really. But on the other hand, maybe I'll actually get my lhok and rhok delar. I wasn't going to raid but if it's pushover easy then why not? Unfortunately that also means if/when I do get that shit I'll just be another brick in the wall

<APES> is farming MC and Ony already. Killed Ony today on the first pull in 5 min with 34 people in the raid in greens/blues.

This....doesn't sound like "classic" world of warcraft at all. ¬.¬

<APES> is a guild that farmed private servers.

On launch they all rolled dwarf or gnome and leveled together. 80% of them hit 60 in 4 - 5 days.

They used to farm private servers. They would roll a character, get it to 60 do a couple raids and then delete and start over again. Some serious hard core people.

However with this current patch in Classic, its after everything has been nerf'd so its not a true classic feel.

<APES> is a guild that farmed private servers.

On launch they all rolled dwarf or gnome and leveled together. 80% of them hit 60 in 4 - 5 days.

They used to farm private servers. They would roll a character, get it to 60 do a couple raids and then delete and start over again. Some serious hard core people.

However with this current patch in Classic, its after everything has been nerf'd so its not a true classic feel.
Iunno. It sort of doesn't sound like the game is tuned to how it was back in 2004. I had friends in D&T and I don't recall them moving that quick.

Then again, we all know the mechanics so there is that.

Just seems like people are walking through this. I forget, but how long did it take for Xenif to hit 60?

There was a bug where you could get xp from raid groups in dungeons. So people were farming them with cleave groups.

Iunno. It sort of doesn't sound like the game is tuned to how it was back in 2004. I had friends in D&T and I don't recall them moving that quick.

Just seems like people are walking through this. I forget, but how long did it take for Xenif to hit 60?

Of course they are, it’s 15 year old content. Most people know it like the back of their hand. That being said though, the overall atmosphere and feel as a whole is fantastic and the nostalgia helps push it forward pretty strongly. It’s really what you make of it.

I haven't been able play much, im still level 9, Owning Lawncare/Landscape Business, after i finish my daily paperwork and stuff, Im to tired get on.

I remember being 18 and playing hardcore, now im 33 I dont have time play much these days.

I wish i could sit my ass in front of pc all day or even for few hours, but to much to do and not enough time in day do it all.

I cant say much, I make great money and im boss. I get tell poens what to do.

Yeah it isnt as hard as it used to be because the majority of everyone know what to expect. I honestly still have more fun playing classic than I do playing retail but also remember Classic is based off patch 1.12 which had a lot of nerfs to the dungeons/raids in it.

Started playing a couple days ago. I forgot just how many QoL improvements Blizzard implemented that I miss such as AoE looting, dungeon finder (not LFR), guild banks, etc. Man did I miss the old talent tree system, but I also do miss dual spec. I feel that WotLK was the perfect balance of QoL improvements without going over the edge to cater to the casual player.

I feel that WotLK was the perfect balance of QoL improvements without going over the edge to cater to the casual player.

If Blizzard has a lick of sense, they'll slowly release BC and WotLK servers as time goes on..

Started playing a couple days ago. I forgot just how many QoL improvements Blizzard implemented that I miss such as AoE looting, dungeon finder (not LFR), guild banks, etc. Man did I miss the old talent tree system, but I also do miss dual spec. I feel that WotLK was the perfect balance of QoL improvements without going over the edge to cater to the casual player.

This is exactly why I've been saying a large number of people will probably quit playing after a few weeks. A lot of them look at Vanilla through a fog of nostalgia or never actually played back then at all. Sure, Blizzard has messed up a lot of things about modern WoW, but they got a ton of QoL stuff right.

Man, WotLK was the peak of gaming for me. I was single at the time, no kids, lots of vacation time from work, I had the house paid off, and had all the free time in the world. I was top geared Resto Shaman on the server. Raiding every night. Clearing all (was heroic out then?) bosses. Gold cap. I spent an entire two months farming TLPD and never got it though. I'm talking hours and hours every day. We had the same 25 guys on every night. No subs. No drama. Raids started at 6pm and by 550 we were all buffed and ready to go. We played like that for months and months; maybe a year. We had the game on lockdown.

Good times.

It's not WoW classic if folks aren't getting wiped by respawn timers.

That's disappointing :(. Not classic at all. Have any battles broken out in South Shore and Tarren Mill?

Not classic enough for me now that I've read this.

That's disappointing :(. Not classic at all. Have any battles broken out in South Shore and Tarren Mill?

I watched some streams last night of some popular streamers and they were wiping in MC. The ones that have cleared MC already are some pretty hardcore players who played non-stop on private servers and have pretty much memorized with the game.

So long as they stop at WotLK I'll be good. Anything more and may as well play <current year> WoW.

Yeah, give us the "original 3" and stop there. (even then, keep servers for vanilla, BC, and WotLK if possible)

Lol oof

Just got to level 6 on my undead warrior! Not sure of the server.

I'll be legit with you .. at level 6 I almost died when I aggroed a second mob.. had to thunderclap and run.

did level a priest to lvl 4 LOL :p then i had to collect defias brotherhood headbands, and i got to taste that droprate that could totally be absent. nowdays droprates are so high u never really get a bad rng streak in collecting items from monsters. im sticking with BFA tbh but im really casual atm and mostly just herb, m+ or battle pets :p had more fun doing the celestials, ty sign of the critter 200% xp and i could farm the few pets left i needed. or the new pet dungenon can be quite hard, u rly need the right pets at the right time, and 1 misplay unless u got a backup will cost u the run.

did level a priest to lvl 4 LOL :p then i had to collect defias brotherhood headbands, and i got to taste that droprate that could totally be absent. nowdays droprates are so high u never really get a bad rng streak in collecting items from monsters. im sticking with BFA tbh but im really casual atm and mostly just herb, m+ or battle pets :p had more fun doing the celestials, ty sign of the critter 200% xp and i could farm the few pets left i needed. or the new pet dungenon can be quite hard, u rly need the right pets at the right time, and 1 misplay unless u got a backup will cost u the run.

Right?! I was on the same quest and the first few dropped the item and then the next couple didn't and I thought maybe I had all the ones I needed.. NOPE.

It's hard to remember how it felt back in 2004, but it feels pretty similar.

I watched some streams last night of some popular streamers and they were wiping in MC. The ones that have cleared MC already are some pretty hardcore players who played non-stop on private servers and have pretty much memorized with the game.

Some of the fellas here mentioned it already, but I was part of the earliest people to enter scholo, Strath, lbrs, ubrs, MC, and Ony. Before they started making adjustments. This was back before guilds were sufficiently large to run 40-mans. I still remember the effort to build the Ony cloaks. I was the one leather worker who had the skill high enough and the logistical support of many. I was an Alamo before Alamo became THE Alamo, lol.

Back then, the spawn timers were so absurd the first pack or magma hound or rager you dropped was respawning on you when the best and best-geared DPS in the game brought the mob to 10 % before the next one was brought in by the off-tank (pray positioning wasn't bad at spawn time). We would huddle in the safety of tiny corners making sure we were safe before crossing the bridge. When we first killed that asshole, who dropped dogshit for us, everyone was damn near in tears because we knew the sonofabitch entrance mobs would stop spawning.

It's too early for people with greens and blues, regardless of private servers and practice to be in there if it were true classic. If it were true classic the two Giants at the entrance would kill the tanks, because it's even too early to farm a full set of the first blue tier.

This isn't the classic I know. The classic I know would wipe its ass with people in greens and not even glance back.

Some of the fellas here mentioned it already, but I was part of the earliest people to enter scholo, Strath, lbrs, ubrs, MC, and Ony. Before they started making adjustments. This was back before guilds were sufficiently large to run 40-mans. I still remember the effort to build the Ony cloaks. I was the one leather worker who had the skill high enough and the logistical support of many. I was an Alamo before Alamo became THE Alamo, lol.

Back then, the spawn timers were so absurd the first pack or magma hound or rager you dropped was respawning on you when the best and best-geared DPS in the game brought the mob to 10 % before the next one was brought in by the off-tank (pray positioning wasn't bad at spawn time). We would huddle in the safety of tiny corners making sure we were safe before crossing the bridge. When we first killed that asshole, who dropped dogshit for us, everyone was damn near in tears because we knew the sonofabitch entrance mobs would stop spawning.

It's too early for people with greens and blues, regardless of private servers and practice to be in there if it were true classic. If it were true classic the two Giants at the entrance would kill the tanks, because it's even too early to farm a full set of the first blue tier.

This isn't the classic I know. The classic I know would wipe its ass with people in greens and not even glance back.

Yep I agree. I played since launch and its not true classic. The 1.12 patch had a lot of nerfs that I wish they didnt implement right away.

I'm not near that level yet, but that's a shame.

Amen to that. It kinda peeves me off that they put in these raids post nerf. The only thing slowing down anyone's progress is going to be the content release schedule rather than the difficulty of the content itself. The mere fact that APES did not require fire resist gear is proof enough. Everyone had to farm that shit out.

So either Blizzard intentionally made this stuff weak on purpose, or maybe they'll react to what they've seen and actually tighten up the tuning?

I'm hoping for the latter but either way I'm having a blast.

unknown.png

Had a wonderful war going on in Hillsbrad last night (Rattlegore server).

I forgot how awesome the PVP was in contested zones.

I'm on Rattlegore too, undead mage, just hit level 21. Looking forward to getting into the PvP zones. Had a small group battle yesterday in Ashenvale. Thought we were done for but Horde reinforcements arrived just time and we won the battle. Good times :)

I just hit 30 and am preparing my ass for STV. These preparations include getting some gear upgrades and tons of lube.

I just hit 30 and am preparing my ass for STV. These preparations include getting some gear upgrades and tons of lube.

You can easily skip STV or at least come in super late by hitting other zones like Hillsbrad, Thousand Needles, Desolace, etc. I'm not planning on hitting the shitshow that is STV until at least 36. Sitting at 32 now.

This brings back a lot of memories but I did the private server thing for a while on this same version level to get my fix a few years back. I'd love to see a Classic+ version where the developers would fix the really stupid things. I played mage. Blink was so bugged that you had as good of chance of dying by either not moving because there was a blade of grass, or falling through the earth to your death. Gear was based on the concept that spirit boosted mana regeneration which meant more damage so mage gear was always a combination of Int/Spi with little stamina and no +damage. This never worked as intended and all quest rewards and even MC gear sets were based on that premise. This essentially gave the class no primary stat that actually affected damage until +healing/damage gear became more common. They should have just made spirit a +healing/damage modifier. Or maybe have done something creative with the Wand system so that it wasn't just a stat stick.

Want to raid MC, better have some fire resist gear with +STA which would further reduce your mana pool and eliminate some of the +damage gear that was obtainable. Itemization was just terrible. Having common loot tables between faction was terrible since you had paladin gear dropping for horde and shaman gear dropping for alliance. Crafting professions were just gold sinks; it would have been nice to actually craft level appropriate gear as you were leveling. You were almost always better off taking gathering professions only -- getting your first mount in a timely manner would be difficult otherwise. Getting enough money for the epic mount training was especially difficult in Vanilla. And then there was the reputation farming which seemed to be non-stop. I think the people really nostalgia for this forget all of the bad stuff and don't realize the time commitments that would be required to do it again. Most people old enough to have played the original game just won't have the time in their lives to do what they did 15 years ago. The people who never played will probably wonder why they would want to give up all of the quality of life improvements. It'll be interesting to see the game and it's population statistics in a year.

This brings back a lot of memories but I did the private server thing for a while on this same version level to get my fix a few years back. I'd love to see a Classic+ version where the developers would fix the really stupid things. I played mage. Blink was so bugged that you had as good of chance of dying by either not moving because there was a blade of grass, or falling through the earth to your death. Gear was based on the concept that spirit boosted mana regeneration which meant more damage so mage gear was always a combination of Int/Spi with little stamina and no +damage. This never worked as intended and all quest rewards and even MC gear sets were based on that premise. This essentially gave the class no primary stat that actually affected damage until +healing/damage gear became more common. They should have just made spirit a +healing/damage modifier. Or maybe have done something creative with the Wand system so that it wasn't just a stat stick.

Want to raid MC, better have some fire resist gear with +STA which would further reduce your mana pool and eliminate some of the +damage gear that was obtainable. Itemization was just terrible. Having common loot tables between faction was terrible since you had paladin gear dropping for horde and shaman gear dropping for alliance. Crafting professions were just gold sinks; it would have been nice to actually craft level appropriate gear as you were leveling. You were almost always better off taking gathering professions only -- getting your first mount in a timely manner would be difficult otherwise. Getting enough money for the epic mount training was especially difficult in Vanilla. And then there was the reputation farming which seemed to be non-stop. I think the people really nostalgia for this forget all of the bad stuff and don't realize the time commitments that would be required to do it again. Most people old enough to have played the original game just won't have the time in their lives to do what they did 15 years ago. The people who never played will probably wonder why they would want to give up all of the quality of life improvements. It'll be interesting to see the game and it's population statistics in a year.

So, all the things you hate, I loved. All of those points were things I had to work around and Blizzard didn't have to hold my hand at every turn.

The minute they removed the talent trees I knew I wouldn't be playing regular again.

So, all the things you hate, I loved. All of those points were things I had to work around and Blizzard didn't have to hold my hand at every turn.

The minute they removed the talent trees I knew I wouldn't be playing regular again.

Yeah copying the ideal talent trees from a website to the game is realy interesting (that or you did not get to raid). I do want a good talent system, just that blizzard never managed to implement one that gave you choice, if you wanted to maximise your DPS you had to choose a certain build.

Classic had a lot of good things that I miss now, but imo the best thing would be a mix between classic and current mostly QOL things. I'm lvl 16 ATM and the game feels moire like a walking simulator then a game. Still nice to see how we used to play and love the game but it does show it's age quite badly.

Yeah copying the ideal talent trees from a website to the game is realy interesting (that or you did not get to raid). I do want a good talent system, just that blizzard never managed to implement one that gave you choice, if you wanted to maximise your DPS you had to choose a certain build.

Classic had a lot of good things that I miss now, but imo the best thing would be a mix between classic and current mostly QOL things. I'm lvl 16 ATM and the game feels moire like a walking simulator then a game. Still nice to see how we used to play and love the game but it does show it's age quite badly.

Man oh man, the walking is brutal haha. I didn't forget it, but I didn't miss it either.

I agree with the talent tree being a cookie cutter if you were raiding, but I think that's to be said about every game out there. Any and all games end up with a set of equipment or skills or points done a certain way to be the MOST effective. That said, as far as questing goes and leveling, I'm having fun with the talent trees so far.

You can easily skip STV or at least come in super late by hitting other zones like Hillsbrad, Thousand Needles, Desolace, etc. I'm not planning on hitting the shitshow that is STV until at least 36. Sitting at 32 now.
Solid call. I'm eager for the pvp but I've heard it's just brutal down there. I'll get some more levels first!

Back