World of Warcraft and Eyefinity problem

sachem87184

[H]ard|Gawd
Right now I'm using an ATI Radeon 5850 and 3 Samsung 23" monitors. The issue that I have is when WoW is running the middle screen is showing text, overhead health bars, and chat bubbles in MASSIVELY over sized text that makes it unplayable for me. I wanted to see if anyone was experiencing issues also with this.

Please note I have tried all of the text modifying addons with no success.

Specs:
6144x1152 Resolution
ATI Radeon 5850
3 Samsung 2343BWX

Last edited:
Are you running the latest amd drivers? I'm not running an AMD card but I did have that problem a while back with my 8800gt. It ended up being resolved via a driver update. Randomly a person here or there would run through org and their name would be the size of the buildings.

Switch off the default floating combat text and use an addon.

Not sure how you can modify the chat bubbles though but the nice thing is you have more screen real estate than God and can have a massive chat window in your side screen. I went for a reeeeealy big chat window taking up 25% of my left hand screen, hugging the centre monitor with a big font. Hmmm lovely. :D

When i tested out my rig on eyefinity I had that problem. Combat text like damage numbers were huge and right in the miiddle of the screen. I don't have my own eyefinity setup fully put together yet so i didn't really get to troubleshooting it, but I have seen it and I actually read a thread about it on the wow tech support forums a while back, you might want to check there.

When i tested out my rig on eyefinity I had that problem. Combat text like damage numbers were huge and right in the miiddle of the screen. I don't have my own eyefinity setup fully put together yet so i didn't really get to troubleshooting it, but I have seen it and I actually read a thread about it on the wow tech support forums a while back, you might want to check there.

Been trolling the WoW forums too, the only thread that I saw was my own and they didn't really give me definite answers

Update:

So i have several times contacted blizzard about this and put it on their suggestion forum to fix this. I have been able to live with the problem, but now I think I'm going to go back to a single monitor setup. The issue resides that in PVP, you get the rank of the person that you kill and its, to say the least, MASSIVE. Especially when multiple people die on it.

Has anyone else found a fix for this? I have tried long and hard to fix it and it's killing my Eyefinity experience.

I've dealt with the same issue, and honestly, I just use an add-on now that replaces the floating combat text with something user-configurable. You also see the same issue with name plates as well - which again, I use a custom mod to fix this.

Install MSBT and you'll be fine.

MSBT is a good add-on, I guess that I just prefer to see the damage come off the tops of the mobs. It's easier since, I try and get a good serpent sting rotation on multiple mobs and it's easier to see that way.

Overall I'm just hoping there's either a fix out there somewhere or Blizzard will put a fix out for it.

I assume you are referring to the health bars over an enemy when you hit V. I am also experiencing this.

Maybe we should post on the forums for them to address it? WoW is definitely bad ass with eyefinty.

I also have an issue where the game will constantly crash in eyefinity mode when in dalaran in a specific spot.

I've used MBST (for combat text) and Tidy Plates for the "V" problem.

Any know how to move the world map around when it's not fullscreen? Can't seem to find it with moveanything

Back