World of Warcraft Add-Ons

Which ones do you guys use? I am lookinf for some really nice ones currently my favs i use are

titan panel
light headed
bagnon
mobinfo2
gatherer
atlasloot
omnicc

Also off add on subject...anyone remember that myspace type site meant for your characters from wow? what is that site?

Titan (the updated one)
Cartographer (shows the maps)
Auctioneer (helps with selling stuff and knowing the value)

I find I don't need anything else.

SW Stats is badly borked.

recount if you want a decent damage/healing meter
gather for mining/herb picking
auctioneer
AdSpace - why buy it in the ah when a vendor sells it
Disenchant Predictor - is it really worth more to vendor trash an item or de it
craft list 2 - for the professions that you can do
flight timer - aka how long to fly from here to there? plenty of time to run and get a soda from the fridge
ct mod - I have a g15 rev 1 and got all 18 gkeys bound to be in the same layout by using ct bar mod
deadly boss mod- very much needed for end game raid dungeons
omen
light headed
atlas
button hole - lets you put all the button around the mini map in a container
group calendar - what my guild uses for raid signups

palypower - for timing paly buffs
necrosis - for warlock stuff

no wow armory aint it its literally like myspace only your wow char. have thier own profile you can leave comments and have friends

I use alot of mods actually, it can be a pain whenever they comeout with patches.
Lightheaded, Tomtom, CTmod, Auctioneer, Titanpanel, Atlas, Atlas Loot Enhanced, Omen threat meter, Bagnon, Fizzwidget Feed O Matic, and probably a couple more I am forgetting now that I cant play because it KILLs my internet connection.

You guys have got to be kidding about Titan. That is the biggest pile of crap since the original Cosmos. Titan is one of the few AddOns that can actually manages to crash the game or get you disconnected when it fails. On numerous occassions we have had whole raids held up because person XYZ was unable to play or stay connected because of Titan. This is over 2.5+ years of fairly serious raiding, so its not a one off problem. Eventually we are at the point now where we tell people not to use it. Maybe the problems only manifest themselves on raids...

You guys have got to be kidding about Titan. That is the biggest pile of crap since the original Cosmos. Titan is one of the few AddOns that can actually manages to crash the game or get you disconnected when it fails. On numerous occassions we have had whole raids held up because person XYZ was unable to play or stay connected because of Titan. This is over 2.5+ years of fairly serious raiding, so its not a one off problem. Eventually we are at the point now where we tell people not to use it. Maybe the problems only manifest themselves on raids...

I've never had a problem because of titan and can't remember anyone else i know having a problem with it. Maybe with a specific plugin for but not the basics.

All the above mods are very good, but I see my favorite one has not been mentioned yet.

Mobmap.

If you have cartograher installed, it gets even better. Mobmap allows you to type in the name of an NPC/mob in the game and it will show you on the map where they. I used it extensively while questing and still use it to find NPC's. It's like having Thottbot inside the game.

I highly recommend it.

I pretty much get all my mods from www.wowace.com. They have an updater program that makes updating all your mods with one press of a button.

Align (Not from wowace, but a great little mod that draws a grid to help you symmetrically align your custom UIs.)

BigWigs - Raid Boss Warnings

LittleWigs - 5 man dungeon boss warning

Fubar and its many plugins - It's basically Titan Panel, but done properly. IMO, much better than titan.

Pitbull - Unit frame goodness.

Grid - Raid portraits that don't take half of your screen.

CowTip - Enchanced tool tips.

Parrot - Scrolling combat text.

Cartographer and plugins - Awesome map mods

ClearFont2 - Because the default font just sucks! Also provides a package that gives you more font selection.

Ora2 - A cleaner version of ct_raid. 100% compatible with ct_raid too.

Omen - Threat meter

Violation - Damage meter

Quartz - Timed casting bars. Great for timing skill rotations.

Mobinfo - Estimates health of a mob

Skinner - Skins the wow interface

Bartender 3 - Bar mod

Pretty much all I can think of right now. I tend to use a lot of mods and it's quite messy when you first load them all up, but it's worth the effort imo.

Omen - best threat meter so far
Deadly Boss Mods - boss timers for raids
Atlas & Atlasloot Enhanced - more maps and loot tables
Khartus Hunter timers - time for traps and such
Bartender3 - action bar mod
Perl unit frames - I wanted a different look and to show a focus unit frame (didn't like having to set every damn thing in Xperl)
OmniCC - cooldown counter on the actionbar
auctioneer - make some gold
mobinfo2 - enemy health/mana #s and drop tracking
recount - for in game dps meter (I prefer wow web stats if you want to take it seriously), though I like the CC breaker counter

Well, when I played like nearly 18 months ago, I just used CT-mod/CTRaid and scrolling combat text (SCT)

I kept it pretty simple for my raiding rogue, SCT was absolutely required, otherwise I never really knew how much health I was losing in some fights.

Thanks for the addon suggestions, I just got into WoW in december. Have a 43 undead warlock right now.

I have to say that lightheaded has been the most helpful addon I've ever downloaded. Teamed up with TomTom, clicking coords in lightheaded will add waypoints on your map. So much of a time saver than alt-tabing for looking up every quest.

yea you gotta love lightheadfed and i have gotten a lot of errors with titan so i will try out fubar and its plugins.

I have a question with fubar. Can I get all of the buttons moved up a bit? They are kinda colliding with my bottom fubar bar making it difficult.

wowscrnshot012408225642eb0.jpg

Edit: nevermind found out by messing with it. Shift-click the bartender3 thing up there and can move everything. This UI rocks.

Dotimer
Ctmod
Auctioneer
Drdamage
Equipcompare
Mobinfo
Necrosis
Sct
Simplecombatlog
Stunwatch

also i dont like sw stats so i was wondering is there something else out there so when im grouping i see how much threat im causing as well as the others....i have omencc but it only keeps track of my threat.

AFAIK there are only three dedicated threat meter add-ons out there: KLH Threat Meter, Omen, and something called just Threat.

I have a question with fubar. Can I get all of the buttons moved up a bit? They are kinda colliding with my bottom fubar bar making it difficult.

wowscrnshot012408225642eb0.jpg

Edit: nevermind found out by messing with it. Shift-click the bartender3 thing up there and can move everything. This UI rocks.

which UI addons are you using?

also i dont like sw stats so i was wondering is there something else out there so when im grouping i see how much threat im causing as well as the others....i have omencc but it only keeps track of my threat.

Any threat meter only shows relative to who else has a threat meter mod installed. Omen will work with KTM (another popular threat meter), just poke around the configuration panel to see where it says "Publish to KTM"

hey how'd you get all your actions bunched up on the left side...i want that!

which UI addons are you using?

Fubar and Bartender3 helped with that. I used alot of the addons in psynotic's post on page 1.

I pretty much get all my mods from www.wowace.com. They have an updater program that makes updating all your mods with one press of a button.

Align (Not from wowace, but a great little mod that draws a grid to help you symmetrically align your custom UIs.)

BigWigs - Raid Boss Warnings

LittleWigs - 5 man dungeon boss warning

Fubar and its many plugins - It's basically Titan Panel, but done properly. IMO, much better than titan.

Pitbull - Unit frame goodness.

Grid - Raid portraits that don't take half of your screen.

CowTip - Enchanced tool tips.

Parrot - Scrolling combat text.

Cartographer and plugins - Awesome map mods

ClearFont2 - Because the default font just sucks! Also provides a package that gives you more font selection.

Ora2 - A cleaner version of ct_raid. 100% compatible with ct_raid too.

Omen - Threat meter

Violation - Damage meter

Quartz - Timed casting bars. Great for timing skill rotations.

Mobinfo - Estimates health of a mob

Skinner - Skins the wow interface

Bartender 3 - Bar mod

Pretty much all I can think of right now. I tend to use a lot of mods and it's quite messy when you first load them all up, but it's worth the effort imo.

yea im using fubar right now and im satisfied so far..still miss some things about titan panel though

Which ones do you guys use? I am lookinf for some really nice ones currently my favs i use are

titan panel
light headed
bagnon
mobinfo2
gatherer
atlasloot
omnicc

Also off add on subject...anyone remember that myspace type site meant for your characters from wow? what is that site?

If your gonna use light headed, get:

Doublewide
Tom Tom (pulls cords out of light headed and places waypoints on the map)

i use a slew of them, don't wanna name them all, lol

If you're doing any questing, you NEED to get QuestHelper. It puts waypoints on the map for every objective of all the quests in your log (you can filter by zone, level as well). It also creates the shortest possible route for you to complete those quests. I hardly have to reference thottbot anymore =)

If you're doing any questing, you NEED to get QuestHelper. It puts waypoints on the map for every objective of all the quests in your log (you can filter by zone, level as well). It also creates the shortest possible route for you to complete those quests. I hardly have to reference thottbot anymore =)

Is it better than lightheaded?

if you combine light headed and tomtom its the same thing pretty much. Get doublewide, it helps with the quest log being so small

k, I'll look into that. Also sometimes I get random memory errors while playing wow. Anyone else? Not to change the subject of the topic but I didn't want to make a whole new thread about it.

(click for bigger)

edit: and thats me dragging the error window, not millions of error messages lol.

I used to roll with:

CTMod core + MailMod/MapMod/CTRaid
Bongos (started using this after CTBarmod borked up my bars one patch day)
X-Perl Unit frames
Atlas + Atlasloot Advanced
ItemSync
Omen
DeadlyBossMods
Outfitter (gear swapper)

Kinda glad i don't play anymore, patch day was always a bit of a game in itself, lol

I just started playing again recently, and I have found questhelper to be a huge help. Makes questing a breeeeze;)

Fresh install of WoW thanks to this mobo swapout, so I went with the ever-popular CTMod and a revised version of Titan Panel--FuBar seems to screw with something in CTMod and cause various UI elements to "bounce"--with the usual little things thrown in (coordinates, performance, bagspace, etc.). I'll probably tinker around with Omen a little bit, though; I've been curious about my piddly friggin' threat level...

Is there a special process for getting auctioneer to work. I unzipped it into the addons folder and it doesn't load at all. What version is current?

I found a new mod recently that has saved me a lot of time: Autoprofit4.5

It integrates a button into vendor windows that allows you to click once and sell all gray (unusable) items. On mouse-over it displays the total value of the items to be sold, and then once sold it displays all of the items sold. I believe you can also configure it to sell specific white items if you wish.

Beats digging through the inventory.;)

Back