World of Tanks MMO

re: balance
I think that they have done a good job balancing individual tank stats vs other tanks of the same tier.though obviously there are some tank features which are better than others such as the sloped front armor or the IS-3 or the 2nd T-29 turret, but overall I think the balance works.

re: matchmaking
I usually don't subscribe to the whining about the matchmaker because I believe that in the end it all evens out. However, yesterday I had a look at my individual tank stats and some things did stand out as odd and rather sad.

For example, my win/loss ratio for most tanks is above 55% with some tanks above 60%, but my overall ratio is only 52%. That's because I only win 46% of all battles in which I drive the KV (which I still own because I want the free slot later this year). Similarly there are a couple other tanks which have a horribly low win/loss and are screwing up my overall stats.

Having played about 4k battles in beta and now 4k as well I do consider myself to be a fairly competent player thus my win/loss ratio for the KV isn't a matter of lack of skill but more so a matter of the matchmaker putting the KV into battles where it just can't win.

This is confirmed by the unofficial stats thread where these are the stats for the KV:
KV 28042 3911193 1903098 48.66
Of 3.9 million battles played with the KV on the NA server only 48.66% were won. KV placement will need to be tweaked.

but when it is placed well, it is so hilariously funny to one shot all kind of shit. probably why they are redoing the tree in regards to the KV.

KV: In the Beta, I played the KV and hated it so much that I skipped the KV's tree in the live game. I converted the free experience from my Marder's wins.

Consumables:
Once thing I do with every Tier 6 and up tank I own is put on a small repair, small medkit, and 100 octane gas (or lend lease oil). The HP gain from the gas/oil definitely makes a difference when climbing hills especially if you're running with high HP engines like the large tanks do. On smaller tanks, though, I avoid gas/oil unless the tank was built to be a scout (BT-7, T2 Light, Leopard). The gas/oil helps them accelerate faster.

I hit a stupid Lee twice yesterday with my KV derp gun and it freaking live while i got owned by artillery. I usually one shot those stupid things. :mad:

Wow people still playing this game.. its really fun and hope to see some of you guys online.

I am in between games now. Decided to play the Chaffee for two hours to see if I end up positive or negative. At the writing of this I am up about 45K credits. I just got nailed from a silly mistake. So after this game I probably will be up 37K credits.

MM is a little strange with the latest update.

Was in my LOLtractor in a Tier 4 battle. Nevertheless, I just stood still and let them poke cheese holes into my poor little tank.

I have just about every game out there. Civ 5, Portal 2, SC2, Total War, JC2, Tron, Transformers, CoD, bla bla bla...

Buddy was playing this game, looked stupid, but he said "dude, its free" and wouldn't shut up about it.

Installed it.

Got addicted.

I have near a million credits invested in my MS-1 base tank, and no he's pissed that I refuse to upgrade and keep wasting money on it, lol. Got five kills on my last match! With that ueber cannon it is such a badass little sniper, can two shot most peeps, and even when surpised you can fire, move, fire, move, and the noobs keep missing as you pop them full of holes. Even the big guys you can sometimes get lucky if they don't reverse and just outrun their turret and poke em in the butt heheh! Booya! Crew is up to 78% already. Love this stupid game! :D

Woohoo!

So on my last match I got 10 kills with a MS-1, and took a screenshot in game but apparently prnt scrn doesn't work. It did give me some kind of sharpshooter or whatever award.

Buddy thinks I'm lying though. Anyone know where it may be recorded, maximum kills in a match or something?

lol you should usually get a top gun for 10 kills. The first few tiers are actually kind of fun because you usually see mostly other tanks you can handle.

You can fraps the matches if you want, I know a buddy who does that and post it on youtube.

Woohoo!

So on my last match I got 10 kills with a MS-1, and took a screenshot in game but apparently prnt scrn doesn't work. It did give me some kind of sharpshooter or whatever award.

Buddy thinks I'm lying though. Anyone know where it may be recorded, maximum kills in a match or something?

Under the statistics tab for your tank. You should get Top Gun if you had 10 kills.

Run the game inside steam and steam's screenshot feature will work.

Screenshots are saved in the WoT directory. Pretty sure Print Screen is it.

Screenshots are saved in the WoT directory. Pretty sure Print Screen is it.
Sweet, found it, thanks! :D

6288757086_9530ecf6f6_z.jpg

MS-1 is my kungfu chicken! SO close to having 11, but my last shot missed and it was four on one for a while.

Last edited:
One of the things with this game, is that once you get past tier 7, you will need a premium tank, or other moneymaker to support your big shit. I have a T32, and on a really bad game, the repair bill will be twice the award for the match.

That, and the Type 59 is just so damn amusing. :D

I'm not seeing negative numbers yet, but am feeling the pain of "playing with the big boys".

I had read that the Soviet T-50 light tank was way overpowered, so I finally went ahead and started grinding towards it.

Now it seems that in every single match I'm in, I'm the only tier 4 vehicle on the field, and completely useless against these monsters. So I purchased the fastest engine, since the biggest 57mm gun was still bouncing and HE rounds don't do much damage without penetrating, thinking I could at least duck and dodge to a hiding place to scout.

But as soon as I'm discovered, I am one shotted by just about everyone on the field. When I'm not killed outright, it takes out my tracks or engine on the first shot, so I can't even try to escape.

Overpowered my ass! Only thing I can guess is that it must have recently been nerfed into higher tier battles. Sucks going from getting at least 2 kills a battle to not being able to dent a thing and barely making any money as your tank is scrapped before you can do much. :(

nah, the T-50-2 is the one that is just plain ridiculous, you start being match against tanks that are so big they can barely keep up with their turret, on the right map I've watch them run past the front line tanks and just start knocking out the arties

The T-50 isn't meant to do real damage, you are a spotter. The faster and more agile you are the better, I don't have the game in front of me but I'd load the lightest components and load HE ammo (if possible).

What happened when the new scout tanks were introduced was that a lot of people had difficulties shooting them since they move so fast and people weren't used to appropriately leading their shots. Now that time has gone on people have learned how much lead they need to hit a moving Tier4/5 scout and thus the T-50 performance is somewhat down.

The T-50 is making my Luchs cry. The T-50-2 is making my Leo cry too.

Now I'm just sitting at the flag with my T-28+85mm derp to blow the crap out of the T-50s.

any tier 5 light is treated like a prom queen in this game - everyone wants a piece.

If I am using a chaffee or an easy8 I usually wait in the back for the fast scouts on the other team to emerge and then chase them down before doing anything else.

and the repair costs on the tier 5 lights keep people from playing them but wth I figure that since my bank has over 3 million credits I can play what I want.

I will not go past tier 7 on anything for now. I am waiting for the switch in the US heavy line up before deciding on whether I will keep or upgrade from the T29.

I finally figured out how to play the T-50, I don't bother to shoot at anything unless its a tank destroyer's backside or artillery, and I only shoot on the move typically at close to point blank.

I go balls to the wall full speed without exception, just barely peeking over hill tops and the like and not venturing into enemy territory without backup.

Once my medium and heavy tanks arrive to distract everyone, I try to slip around the back and take out the artillery.

Last match I killed one scout, three artillery, and spotted quite a bit for my own team.

A lot boils down to luck though, as I had several explosions all around me yet not a scratch. But all it takes is one hit to detrack you, and you're dead.

lol I think you're suppose to run distraction for them and not the other way around

lol I think you're suppose to run distraction for them and not the other way around
That's how I was playing before.

Fast tanks, and the T-50 isn't THAT fast, have been out long enough now that everyone knows exactly how far to lead you in higher tier battles.

Do that and you're just cannon fodder. Being one-shot early on does little for your team.

After 300 battles in the Chaffee I think I could teach a class on how to operate a tier 5 light.

I was playing the Lake map and I was surprise at how much a chaffee was doing on my IS, killed it but took a chunk of my hp

Got to the Tiger II and kind of lost the will to play any further. All that grinding and the same game over and over again.

I think I'll come back if they introduce historical battles instead of this silly thing where it's a random mishmash of russian, american, and german tanks all on one team against another mishmash of tanks on another team.

I quit after 4.1k battles, getting to Obj 704, IS4, T32, T44, Patton, and assorted lower level tanks/arties.

Higher tier battles require a premium account unless you want to run Lowe/T-59 (both of which I have), but I just don't want to have to play tanks that don't advance me in the tree any longer just to pay for the losses and even wins on the higher tier tanks. I also don't want to pay premium anymore because once you get to Tier 10 there really isn't anything to do to justify the expense.

I had fun with the game, but my suggestion for people just getting in now is to really play it for free and not buy any gold at all. I may go back to lower level tanks for shits and giggles every once in a while.

After 300 battles in the Chaffee I think I could teach a class on how to operate a tier 5 light.
WOW! For the longest time I was just playing Tier 5 light tanks, and just assumed you had to be Godlike to turn much of a profit.

Got a KV and a SU-26 fully pimped out, and its like playing the game on easy-mode! Profitable even if you herp the derp. :D
Got to the Tiger II and kind of lost the will to play any further. All that grinding and the same game over and over again.

I think I'll come back if they introduce historical battles instead of this silly thing where it's a random mishmash of russian, american, and german tanks all on one team against another mishmash of tanks on another team.
That isn't likely to change.

However, new American and Russian tanks are soon to be unlocked on the tree, as well as an entirely new tree of French tanks (trick it out with five reverse gears) along with new maps which are long overdue IMO.

Aside from that, for historical battles I believe they are only attempting that for special matches now and then. Recently they had all Patton matches to commemorate that anniversary.

I need advice on what tanks to keep and elite to support my t44 and later on t54:

t50(have) or t50-2(researched)
t34(have) or t34-85(researched)
pzIV(have) or vk3601(researched)
stugIII(have) or jagdpzIV(researched)

Im slowly grinding my t44 to t54 non premium.

Man now that french tanks are out, what a let down! Tiers 1-4 all suck hard. I hear at tier5 and up they get good, its just so hard to grind through the shit.

Any idea if they are going to be updating the tier 5 light tanks now that the French are out?
Correct me if I am wrong, but the French have a tier 7 light tank now...

I do not see why the tier 5 light tanks are soooo expensive to maintain.
They are much more expensive to purchase initially and do not have "I Win" buttons...
Is there any other tier 5 tank class that can not sustain itself off of premium?

Do any other tier 5 tanks get matched up with 10s? I can't remember, but I don't think so.
If they do, its the exception not the rule - where with my chafee 2/3 games are against tier 10s.

Anybody here still interesting in a clan? I'd like to join one, but don't just want to join any random clan. Figured a HardClan would be cool.

A reminder: The T-59 will nolonger be sold after January 16th. It is being removed permantely from the store.

A reminder: The T-59 will nolonger be sold after January 16th. It is being removed permantely from the store.

Pretty lame attempt at cashing in big at once, but hey, they got to make money, right?
Yes, I did buy one early on, and yes, it's OP.

I stopped playing for 3 months because of the OP type 59, MM is too gentle on it only tier 8 and below, and it pretty much rapes everything below tier 8, good mobility, good firepower, good sloped armor. Theres sooo many of them per match....

yea I grab mine a while back, I can do nothing in a match and still earn credits, pretty hilarious.

I stopped playing for 3 months because of the OP type 59, MM is too gentle on it only tier 8 and below, and it pretty much rapes everything below tier 8, good mobility, good firepower, good sloped armor. Theres sooo many of them per match....

They're bumping it to Tier 9 next patch (without buffing stats), so please come back :p

They're bumping it to Tier 9 next patch (without buffing stats), so please come back :p

They want it to be uber though. The more uber it is, the more people will buy it.

Then they'll make it not available anymore, and nerf the hell out of it.

Then they're have a new uber premium tank, and everybody will buy it.

Back