World of Goo ~ 75% Off : $4.99 @ Steam

I bit, this game is loads of fun!!!

There just needs to be a mod so instead of stretching it to a higher resolution, it just makes the area of the game you see bigger.

I bit, this game is loads of fun!!!

There just needs to be a mod so instead of stretching it to a higher resolution, it just makes the area of the game you see bigger.

I don't think that will work because later levels don't want you to see farther than you're supposed to....

As far as I can tell (I'm half way through the second level), the content is safe for 5-8. However, the puzzles can be a bit tricky and they might need some help. Definitely a good game to play with them, then let them play on their own!

Finally played this... it is GREAT! I'm on the fourth or so level of the second world and loving it. World of Goo plays a lot like Bridge Builder... if I had known that I'd have probably bought it at full price when it launched instead of waiting for this kind of a deal to catch my eye.

Finally played this... it is GREAT! I'm on the fourth or so level of the second world and loving it. World of Goo plays a lot like Bridge Builder... if I had known that I'd have probably bought it at full price when it launched instead of waiting for this kind of a deal to catch my eye.

QFT. I'm almost done with the game and a little teary. This game is a great buy for $5.

Haven't seen a post about this yet. I bought this game only expecting to play it a bit and try it out. Much to my surprise however, my 5 year old son has played this quite a bit lately. It's a great game for kids and really helps them learn how to problem solve.

I beat the game. Kinda sad to have beaten it so early.

But I started working on OCD on all levels and some levels drive me fucking insane. I want to punch whoever made this level in the face right now.

Been playing this game off and on during phsyics study breaks, holy crap, more addicting than crack.
I'm playing at 1920x1200 and it looks great to me.

Bought the game but still feel pretty bad that the company is close to bankruptcy. If you like the game, buy it, otherwise you screw the developers and their hard work. Thanks for giving gamers a bad name with a 90 percent piracy level of this game. Bunch of assholes. :mad:

Bought the game but still feel pretty bad that the company is close to bankruptcy. If you like the game, buy it, otherwise you screw the developers and their hard work. Thanks for giving gamers a bad name with a 90 percent piracy level of this game. Bunch of assholes. :mad:

I agree 1000% with your post. I buy all of my games to support the developers. However I think you might be focusing your wrath on the wrong audience. We are here in the hotdeals forums becuase we are looking to spend our money not pirate. :p ......if there are any pirates reading this forum rot in hades!!!

You should find a pirate forum where they discuss pirating and let lose on them. If you do let us know. I know I'll join you on your crusade. :D

Let this thread die please and move the WoG discussion to the games section. I keep clicking this link thinking the deal is back. My son wants it.

I'm really wanted to purchase the game. Attempted to on sunday night but it wasn't accepted my perfectly good credit card. I think visa may have been screwed up however because I tried calling them and couldn't get through.

It's really hard justifying spending 20 on it when I had the opportunity to get it for 5. Same thing with Titan Quest. I saw that it was on sale for 10 dollars, but it was after the fact and even though 20 dollars is still good, I still don't want to.

How often do steam games ever go back on the weekend deal?

How often do steam games ever go back on the weekend deal?
Not often. Usually the only time you'll see a game on a weekend deal a second time is if they introduce some sort of large update (like Red Orchestra this weekend).

Back