World Exclusive RTX 2070 Review

tenor.gif

First thing I thought of when I saw this go live.

And it’s a stand up review. Thorough as I expected. And a nice ..I.. to Nvidia by posting it early due to no NDA. Confirmation of the right choice.

$599 for a 70 series card? I'd take a used v64 or 1080 for $200 less and get close to the same performance.

When the hell is AMD going to refresh the 580 with something new for people who don't have a fortune to spend on a gpu?

Also, lol at hardforum of all places having the first review out on a green gpu. Didn't see that comin'!

Where at?
Update: MSI has contacted us today asking HardOCP to remove this RTX 2070 review, even though MSI had nothing to do with sourcing this review. NVIDIA's green feathers are apparently flying over this RTX 2070 review being published before its embargo date and time that is has with reviewers that signed its NDA.

Update: MSI has contacted us today asking HardOCP to remove this RTX 2070 review, even though MSI had nothing to do with sourcing this review. NVIDIA's green feathers are apparently flying over this RTX 2070 review being published before its embargo date and time that is has with reviewers that signed its NDA.

Thanks, I must have just glance right past that at the end.

It's not fair! All the kowtowing reviewers signed over their balls to nvidia with the implicit expectation that they would be first to kiss the emperor's ring. It's not fair! :ROFLMAO:

Great move, Kyle! And lucky for the Greenies that the 2070 isn't a horrible card. Just overpriced.

Story time
>Be Nvidia
>Be making the best halo gaming GPUs on the planet
>record profits.xls
>be sick of people impacting your launch PR each cycle with factual reviews
>Kyle publishes a story about GPP
>Jensen is furious
>Starts a war with [H] over GPP reporting about nasty NDA practices
>GPP is no more (apparently)
>run GPP v2.0.dat
>Think you got [H] backed into a corner via NDAs n' shiet
>Jensen thinks he has the supply chain locked up tighter than his leather jackets
>Kyle goes old school and gets a retail sample passed to him early
>Green tears ensue
>[H] has 2070 world launch review
>NDA suckers miss out
>2070 is shown to be a performance jump over 1080 at best case
>Decent gains yet most importantly overpriced for the performance like the 2080
>no Nvidia press kit to soften the blow
>used 1080s selling 300-400 USD range
>Nvidia wants ~600 USD for 4-17% more speed
>Reference edition typically sets retail price
>Near clock-clock testing reveals revelations
>close enough that final/average OCs will be important for comparisons looking forward
>reference edition cards probably not worth it
>Nvidia avoids moving release dates to avoid acknowledging the eliteness of [H]
>saltmining.exe

nda free JH.jpg
salt dune.png

Man all I gotta say is good job on not signing that NDA.. Hopefully this gets NV thinking about it & how to make it a bit more fair as if they had came back with a fair NDA that you would of signed then you couldn't of released this..

You do know a post from random ltt forum member doesn't relect the views for Linus and his crew? Can't be sure but it doesn't look like Sazrocks is a employee of Linus.

Of course I know that. I’m just finding it comical that people are mad a review was posted “early” by [H] who didn’t bind themselves to an NDA. Any tech site that hasn’t signed it and had the opportunity to push that information out early would’ve done so.

I'm curious (if you can say anything) about how much HardOCP's bandwidth use has gone up due to having an exclusive on this review. I know back in the olden days you would mention that you'd have to buy some extra temporary bandwidth around the times of major product launches to keep the site from going down. I would figure the site got pounded for the exclusive.

Man all I gotta say is good job on not signing that NDA.. Hopefully this gets NV thinking about it & how to make it a bit more fair as if they had came back with a fair NDA that you would of signed then you couldn't of released this..

Thrilled to see Kyle post up this review, and fist pump because its my favorite review site and forum. But to take counterpoint for a moment, I don't think it will change anything. There are actually good and fair things to having embargos in place so that reviewers are on an even playing field and it doesn't become a backstabbing bloodsport with every baseball hat shithead on YouTube desiring to be "first" with the "LEAKED BENCHEZ".

I think it's a fun short term win for [H], but from a business standpoint I'd be concerned it's potentially a long-term loss or at least complication. I would not want GPU manufacturers and AIBs pissed off at me because the industry is a small world.

There's merit to the idea of becoming known as the "rogue review" site but then you're in a neverending fight.

Thrilled to see Kyle post up this review, and fist pump because its my favorite review site and forum. But to take counterpoint for a moment, I don't think it will change anything. There are actually good and fair things to having embargos in place so that reviewers are on an even playing field and it doesn't become a backstabbing bloodsport with every baseball hat shithead on YouTube desiring to be "first" with the "LEAKED BENCHEZ".

I think it's a fun short term win for [H], but from a business standpoint I'd be concerned it's potentially a long-term loss or at least complication. I would not want GPU manufacturers and AIBs pissed off at me because the industry is a small world.

There's merit to the idea of becoming known as the "rogue review" site but then you're in a neverending fight.

E22E34C5-C832-4674-B1E0-FA5101B97FFF.jpeg

You're new to this aren't you?

Of course I know that. I’m just finding it comical that people are mad a review was posted “early” by [H] who didn’t bind themselves to an NDA. Any tech site that hasn’t signed it and had the opportunity to push that information out early would’ve done so.

Of couse the sheep will be irate when they feel their favorite YouTuber gets cheated. There are butt hurt people and people defending [H] in that thread.

great review.
nvidia seems to have another good product. wish amd catches up for gfx card so the cards can lower in price. however i think they are still focused on cpu.

This is the kind of stuff you just cant make up.

I liked the review. It was the same as every GPU review you've ever done. Easy to understand, through, no bullshit.

I have to chuckle at all the knuckleheads who are crying "foul" because you all scooped them. tomorrow they will try and discount your data......lots of midnight oil burning tonight re-doing the conclusions and trying to come up with some clever spin when their hand picked game data is remarkably better than what [H] got.

I'm sure the nvidia marketing and legal teams are pulling some splinters out of their collective asses tonight.

Only thing I wish the review had was numbers from a 1080ti as well. For months I've suspected that the 2070 would slot between a 1080 and 1080ti but would be convenient if it was shown side by side so to speak. I suppose I could just look at older 1080ti reviews, shouldn't be that much difference I guess

Only thing I wish the review had was numbers from a 1080ti as well. For months I've suspected that the 2070 would slot between a 1080 and 1080ti but would be convenient if it was shown side by side so to speak. I suppose I could just look at older 1080ti reviews, shouldn't be that much difference I guess

Look at the 2080ti reviews

This is the kind of stuff you just cant make up.

I liked the review. It was the same as every GPU review you've ever done. Easy to understand, through, no bullshit.

I have to chuckle at all the knuckleheads who are crying "foul" because you all scooped them. tomorrow they will try and discount your data......lots of midnight oil burning tonight re-doing the conclusions and trying to come up with some clever spin when their hand picked game data is remarkably better than what [H] got.

I'm sure the nvidia marketing and legal teams are pulling some splinters out of their collective asses tonight.
I have not seen any reviewers whining about it, just apparently some fanboys.

Back