World Exclusive RTX 2070 Review

Except I do get it. The card can be priced ridiculously, but if the performance is better than previous generation it deserves that Editors Choice Award, ok got it!
Now you didn't do a full review of the 2080, but I'm guessing that would also get your stamp of approval too?
Everybody else gave them shit for not only the price but the mostly disappointing increase from previous Pascal generation as well, but for some reason it gets the stamp of approval here.
Only card I fine somewhat exciting is the 2080ti and that's because of the actual performance jump over previous generation.
You should go back to Youtube and canned benchmarks if you refuse to read what we wrote.

You should read the review again, the reasoning is right in the conclusion.
I read it 2 times and I still don't see it as a great card after 2.5 years of Pascal. It ain't a 4K card, but has the price of one.

I disagree with your 2070 assessment so I should go back to YouTube and canned benchmarks. Got it!
I'll be honest here.. I find Gamernexus YouTube side very in depth actually, but everybody else is lackluster.

You don’t have to like everything here and you have plenty of alternative options. No point in arguing. You made your statement.

I disagree with your 2070 assessment so I should go back to YouTube and canned benchmarks. Got it!
I'll be honest here.. I find Gamernexus YouTube side very in depth actually, but everybody else is lackluster.
I typed this out for a reader yesterday that made an informed post about his opinion on our award.

I know some folks have an issue with the award....they always do. Awards are subjective, take it or leave it. The conclusions we drew I would consider very objective and based on the data that we put together. GPP, NDAs, and NVIDIA's actions to paint HardOCP in a bad light do not seep into those conclusions. Hardware is hardware, and business is business, and we keep those things seperate. The ultimate question of whether or not the 2070 holds value for you, the reader and possible buyer of a 2070, is surely only yours to answer.

Along with that I would suggest you read The Bottom Line section from the last page of the review. If that does not explain our stance then we can surely agree to disagree. As above, value is up to the person that is paying for it.

You don’t have to like everything here and you have plenty of alternative options. No point in arguing. You made your statement.
Usually I like Kyle's reviews, but this one did not sit very well with me. Just replying the horde, no harm done.

Except I do get it. The card can be priced ridiculously, but if the performance is better than previous generation it deserves that Editors Choice Award, ok got it!
Now you didn't do a full review of the 2080, but I'm guessing that would also get your stamp of approval too?
Everybody else gave them shit for not only the price but the mostly disappointing increase from previous Pascal generation as well, but for some reason it gets the stamp of approval here.
Only card I fine somewhat exciting is the 2080ti and that's because of the actual performance jump over previous generation.

The pricing is early adopter, and not everyone is interested or can afford to be one. The pricepoints are highly calculated and precisely tuned to lots of factors - many internal, many not apparent, a lot is simply supply and demand. Obviously 10-series stock not yet sold through is part of the calculus.

Once the initial 20-series wave is done and 10-series is completely out of the pipeline, except them to turn the valve and pricing to drop.

Last edited:
Usually I like Kyle's reviews, but this one did not sit very well with me. Just replying the horde, no harm done.

It sounds like you didn't like the review because Kyle's conclusion wasn't congruent with your personal beef about the pricing.

That Kyle is able to set aside personal differences he's had with Nvidia business practices of late and simply review the card on its own merits is testament to his utter professionalism.

Last edited:
This is a little childish, no offense. The pricing is early adopter, and not everyone is interested or can afford to be one. The pricepoints are highly calculated and precisely tuned to lots of factors - many internal, many not apparent, a lot is simply supply and demand. Obviously 10-series stock not yet sold through is part of the calculus. Once the initial 20-series wave is done and 10-series is completely out of the pipeline, except them to turn the valve and pricing to drop.

What cards "should be" priced according to your personal beliefs or budget are wholly irrelevant, unfortunately.
I'm not saying it should be priced according to my personal beliefs. Looking at the die size difference on the 2070 and 1080 it's obvious why Nvidia throw these price tags on their cards. That said I don't have to like it, which is why I find much better value in other cards when putting my budget glasses on.

...why are you even making this comparison...
Because there are so many 10 series out there and it will take a long time to dry up.
EVGA had a 1070 for $290 a week ago
The 1070/2070 is supposed to be a med to high end card, but the pricing on the 2000's series don't reflect that at all. There is a reason why a lot of people are buying 1080ti's compared to the 2080.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
You misunderstood me. I was talking about the reader from yesterday, and my self.
Definitely a good response, and I agree at certain points, but as you said value comes down to the individual person.

Are you done now Steven? No need to lynch the review any further.

Was waiting for RTX 2070 to be reviewed before making my decision and as I expected a used GTX 1070 Ti or GTX 1080 holds much better value to my eyes, the 2070 is priced 50~$80 too high for my tastes so will wait for Black Friday and then I expect some good deals on 1xxx series cards to show up, alternatively if no good deals, finally buy a used GTX 1080/1070 Ti.

Look man. 980 Ti’s are going for $150 on eBay. Why the hell would I pay pretty much four times that for the additional performance of a 2070. My Fortnite at 1280x1024 runs just fine on my CRT.
You should have said FW900 instead, and I would have been impressed.

The 2070 is most definitely the best value of the 20xx series, I do t see how you can disagree, even the cheapest $480 versions are enough better than a 1070 now, and often no ugh better than a 1080 that unless you can get a used 1080ti for under $500 I'd probably build with the 2070, knowing that both driver upgrades and game optimizations will probably see it continue to improve against the 1080, especially in the few titles the 1080 oddly leads in, and especially above 1440p.

Then the same people will pay more for more fans or rgb or matching colors that always do, but I think the actual chip for the 2070 shows greatervalur both now and likely in future.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Back