Work Office365 subscription and 5 installable copies?

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Hey all,

So recently I was working from home. My laptop was bugging me, so I decided to work on my documents in my Windows 10 vm on my Linux desktop.

My trusty old HUP Office 2010 install was messing with the new track changes format in word, so I remembered that I can use my work Office365 account to install and useup to 5 copies of office, which I did and it worked nicely.

Now, I have the need to roll this VM back to an earlier snapshot when Office 365 was not installed.

How can I do this without losing one of my 5 Office installs. Should I uninstall it first, and then roll back to the snapshot? Will this free it up in Microsoft's system? Or is there some other way I can deauthorizw this machine?

Appreciate any input.

You can uninstall it or go to your microsoft account on the web and de-authorize that particular install / computer from there as well.

I go through computers kinda fast and always forget to uninstall, so I do it that way myself to keep at the 5 machine limit.

Sounds like you have it handled. For the record you actually get 10 installs before MS complains with the business accounts. They claim 5 pcs and 5 mobile devices or something like that but they don't actually differentiate.

Back