Word yo!

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
Are there any advanced MS Word(Office) users out there???

I need a bit of help.

I have 3 docs, each with different formatting. And I want to combine them into 1 doc.

How do I do this, and still keep all the formatting???

Thanks!!!

Need a little more detail.

You can always cut and "Paste Special" and remove any formatting you don't want.

(Office XP Pro)

Well ya see here's the kicker.

We get Word docs from clients and we need to keep any format changes they make after we convert/merge them into being the 1 document.

Like creating a compiled summary report or such. All the info from the other docs has to be in the 1 main document that we'll create, but still have the same formatting changes that the client put it in.

I was thinking Cut & Paste might work, but for some reason not all the different formattings are kept.

Interesting... are you limited to word? This sounds like something Adobe Acrobat could do easily.

Aside from copy paste, the only other scheme I can think of that might work is Insert->File...

Although that may not preserve all the formatting either, it might be worth a try. Sorry I'm no Word expert--hopefully someone else here is :)

NP! I also put a word out to my friends and MS about it.

I haven't heard back from MS yet.

Couldn't you just paste in the new material, then highlight EVERYTHING and reapply the formatting you want? That's what I do when I cut and paste text from different sources into Word. I'm only adding paragraphs and then changing font and size though

Hm. This sounds like you should create a template for your clients to use. Otherwise I can only foresee nightmares in your future :D

Back