WOOT! Optimus Keyboard on February 1st!

Very cool indeed. Any word on pricing (apart from it costing less than a good mobile phone)?

Going to be released in less than a month and they still don't have a single new "picture" of the thing since it was first circulated on the net years ago.

Now all I need to wait for is for some one crazy enough to sell theirs on ebay cheap. Wait... it will be all gunked up by then. Just need to wait for a money high then...

OH man I want one now...but I can only imagine how expensive it could be

Yes it does look pretty cool, but the price will probably not be that cool.

That's insane. I could easily see myself throwing down 200 bucks for that to replace this ageing eluminX.

id be worried about smudging up the little screen or scratching them. Also i think the keys will be very slick and maybe make it harder to type. But alas i wont be getting one, too expensive! :(

Im saving my money for the G15, although this thing would be sweet..but im sure the cost would be out of this world...for a keyboard that is

something tells me that its going to be pricey....i hope it wont be (less than $200) but since it appears to be a design piece by a studio they may go boutique on all of us. Then again, how much is "a good mobile phone" in Russia?

In any case, I'm staying tuned. Is there any word on a wireless version?

Don't hold your breath for Feb 1...that release was dated July of last year....and the latest English-language review on their site says "summer 2006".

Price wise, I can't imagine a manufacturing cost less than $1.50 a key. Add in R&D, sales, marketing, and profit, and I think its going to be a $400+ item.

I would be worried about the lifespan of a keyboard like that.. Not to mention it's cost..
6 months after it is out, if there seems to be few problems with it and they can keep the cost under $150, I will have to pick one up..

Like I said, all of the "photos" they have there are 3d renders, none of which are even new. Until they show up at a CES or E3 or something with some actual hardware, they're not going to be mass-producing these things for the public.

I'd like to see it come out, but until I hear more reliable info about it, I'm also very skeptical of that release date.

4keatimj said:
Very cool indeed. Any word on pricing (apart from it costing less than a good mobile phone)?

My mobile phone was $700 when it was new.

Back