[woot] Kingston SSDNow V-Series 128GB - $199 - $50MIR

Awesome deal. I really like kingston drives, not the fastest in the world but alot more reliable than sandforce drives. My kingston ssd never gave me any problems, had 2 sandforce drives die in a week, and a third was extremely slow.

wow nice deal. almost $1/GB after the rebate. too bad i dont need a ssd.

Is this is a really good deal? Building a new gaming pc in January when SB comes out. Should I buy this, or wait? Would this be a "steal?"

$150 for a recent 128GB SSD (and a Kingston...). Very good price for a new one. Sucks it's part rebate. The woot just isn't what they used to be.

Yeah, they got bought out. Probably why.

So it's a good deal, but not so much a steal? Hmm...... tough decision.

well for a 120gb its a great deal, the next cheapest is like $185 after mir so its a good $30 cheaper.

Should we still avoid the Jmicron controller?

This one has an improved controller that avoids all the old problems of the older controllers. I believe the 64gb version uses the same controller, I have had far better luck with it than sandforce drives. My 64gb kingston ended up being faster than my ocz vertex le, and I had 2 gskill 64gb drives die in less than a week from newegg. So far my intel drive has been good, only complaint is that it will bsod with the amd ahci drivers which the kingston or other drives wouldn't do.

Back