Won't overclock to 2.4 GHz anymore

Ozymandias

[H]ard|Gawd
This past week, I've been overclocking a lot and keeping a chart of what works and what doesn't. So, I managed to hit 2.4 GHZ (12x200) stable with 1.825 v on the mobile CPU on the DFI infinity NF2 Ultra mobo. Yesterday I removed my Audigy, which had been giving me problems. Prior to removing it, I had it disabled in the Device Manager and I had been using the onboard Soundstorm audio.

However, after that, windows wouldn't boot at 2.4 GHZ with 1.825 v any more, and I had to increase the voltage to 1.85 v. One restart later, windows xp boot up would give me a "The computer has stopped ... Hardware failure" blue screen. So I decreased the overclock to 2.2 GHz (11x200), but I still got the same error; to get into Windows I went back to the stock 1.83 GHz (11x166). I then used Driver Cleaner, thinking that might be a problem, but that didn't help. Since then, I've gone back to my highest multiplier-only overclock, 2332 MHz (14x166) but I'd rather have the extra memory bandwidth of 12x200.

Does anyone have any idea of what might've happened or how to fix it? Anyway, thanks in advance.

Back