Won't even turn ON! Just great...

Viperman5000

Weaksauce
Yeah, it's me again. But I think I f**ked up royally this time. Since my calls for help went unnoticed, I took it upon myself to try some stuff out. I looked at some OC'ing threads for the Bad Axe 2 and whatnot, because I wanted to get the ratio from 2:3 to 1:1 and to get 1T timing.

During my quest, as I would "plug and chug" to get those timings, there were a few times where I would save and exit, and everything would turn off (I was messing around with the memory frequency (800MHz, lowering it to 6xx something), and then lowering the reference frequency). It restarted fine, I went into the BIOS since I knew that was wrong, so I switched back to 800MHz and then lowered the reference frequency some more. Then after I saved and exited, everything turned off again. This time though, during startup, I heard 3 (about 1 second long each) beeps. The only problem is that nothing comes up on the screen, but everything is running, fans, lights, etc. I'm thinking I fried my memory. :mad:

F**K!

Oh yeah, here's the shit I was messing with:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/viperman5000/OCing002.jpg
All the voltages stayed the same.

F**k! Won't even turn ON! Just great...

Please do not use implied swearing in thread titles.

Firstly, don't start overclocking and tweaking shit unless you know how to do something as simple as resetting the CMOS memory - because odds are that's the LEAST complicated of things you will need to do when looking for a stable overclock.

Anyway the CMOS clear jumper should be located near the button cell battery on your motherboard. (Check the motherboard manual if necessary) It's usually a 3 pin jumper and you basically unplug your machine and then move this jumper from pins 2 and 3 to pins 1 and 2 for 5 - 10 seconds or so. Then move it back and plug your machine back in. When you power it back on it should POST with the default BIOS settings which you will need to change all over again for optimal performance.

Firstly, don't start overclocking and tweaking shit unless you know how to do something as simple as resetting the CMOS memory - because odds are that's the LEAST complicated of things you will need to do when looking for a stable overclock.

Anyway the CMOS clear jumper should be located near the button cell battery on your motherboard. (Check the motherboard manual if necessary) It's usually a 3 pin jumper and you basically unplug your machine and then move this jumper from pins 2 and 3 to pins 1 and 2 for 5 - 10 seconds or so. Then move it back and plug your machine back in. When you power it back on it should POST with the default BIOS settings which you will need to change all over again for optimal performance.
Yeah, I kinda realize that now. But how else am I going to learn.

Anyways, thanks.

ive got a funny story to tell. i was overclocking my amd 64 3200+ winchester, and i wanted to stay at stock volts, so i was just going away. i push it a little to far (2.4ghz) and it wouldnt post. so i reset the cmos, it posts and crap, but it wont boot into windows!!! the fergetful person i am, i remember that it resets all teh bios settings, so its set to boot from removable devices first. of course i had already gone ahead and reinstalled windows! all that work, for literally nothing.

But how else am I going to learn.

Read the manual, then read it again, until you understand all of it. The section on the bios will probally tell you all you need to know to get a decent overclock and you will learn a lot. Stay away from the bleeding edge tweak threads, (which you dont want as it will not be long term stable for your dad and piss him off.) find the general guides or how-to for the bad axe. Then after you get his working a lot better tell him (if you want to) that now you are really interested in computers and see if maybe he will spring for or help you buy one for you to really go to tweak town on. win win.

Stay away from the bleeding edge tweak threads, (which you dont want as it will not be long term stable....)

That's good advice, I'll be remembering that when I start playing around with my rig soon ;)

if anything it sounds like vid card but your problem is probably in the bios

mal

Look in the manual for the Bios reset. it is normally located next to the BIOS battery and is either a push button or more likely 3 pins (looks like a fan plug) with a jumper across the center pin and one side pin. change the jumper to the center and the other side pin. Wait 10sec and return it to its original position. This will reset the BIOS back to factory settings. If it is a button just push and hold for 10sec. Reboot the computer and study the manual.

Well thanks to everyone's help, I fixed it.

For future help to other Bad Axe 2 users:

There are 3 pins above the battery with a jumper covering two of them, move it so it covers the other two, then turn on the machine, fix your BIOS, turn off the machine, return the jumper to it's original position and turn on. Everything should run fine.

There are 3 pins above the battery with a jumper covering two of them, move it so it covers the other two, then turn on the machine, fix your BIOS, turn off the machine, return the jumper to it's original position and turn on. Everything should run fine.

hum... that's kinda weird

Usually all you have to do is swap the jumper to the other 2 pins for a few seconds, swap it back and you should be all set. CMOS will be at default settings.

Back