Wondering when Nvidia is releasing

Unified drive for gtx580 and back. Right now I have GTX 470 I can't use for physics since Nvidia hasn't released unified driver with gtx 470 and gtx 580. So I have no dedicated physics card. I hope its soon.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for NV next driver release as well, but for other reasons. Bothers me that there hasn't even been a new beta in the last month.

Right now I have GTX 570

Wait, what? Give us some performance numbers on that thing. And why the hell would you use that card for Physx? What a terrible waste.

Unified drive for gtx580 and back. Right now I have GTX 570 I can't use for physics since Nvidia hasn't released unified driver with gtx 470 and gtx 580. So I have no dedicated physics card. I hope its soon.

Then you have a video card that nobody else has right now. *g*
I think you mean a GTX 470.
Considering the power consumption/heat issues, I'd say a 460 is a better overall choice for PhysX. Although the 470 should be faster.

Wait, what? Give us some performance numbers on that thing. And why the hell would you use that card for Physx? What a terrible waste.

Pfft, tell that to me with my GTX 595 dedicated PhysX Card along with my GTX 280 as my main card!!! Mafia 2 Baby!!

Pfft, tell that to me with my GTX 595 dedicated PhysX Card along with my GTX 280 as my main card!!! Mafia 2 Baby!!

Why would you dedicate the 595 for Physx? I don't even think you can dedicate 2 gpus to PhysX. I asked a similar question about a 295 for PhysX and I was told that only one of the gpus would be used for it.

Why would you dedicate the 595 for Physx? I don't even think you can dedicate 2 gpus to PhysX. I asked a similar question about a 295 for PhysX and I was told that only one of the gpus would be used for it.

Your sarcasm detector is apparently broken.

What am I missing here? Just go grab an .inf modded driver that will support both cards. Or do the .inf mod yourself... Although the newest official driver might claim to work only with the 580 in actuality the drivers will work fine for the previous generations of cards. The driver architecture is STILL the same old 'unified' code, Nvidia just chose to play it safe and release the driver only for 5-series cards in case there was a problem with the new code and the older GPUs.

For instance, here is a link to the 263.09 driver:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332876

Which was originally for 5xx series only and if you look a few posts down in that thread you'll see a link to a modified .inf adding back in support for the entire range of GPUs from the 6xxx all the way to the current 4xx and 5xx. Sure to support your GTX470 and 580. :)

The info for the GTX 595 is still embargo'd but it has PhysXTasic Technology which allows you to use both GPU's to render PhysX heloooo :D

Somehow its working with GTX 470 now for physics. I am contemplating going one more GTX 580 OC and ditching the GTX 470. I have to save its another $600 bucks. I do have power supply to pull it off. 1200 Watt.

Back