Wonder Woman Comic-Con Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The first trailer for Wonder Woman is finally here. Am I the only one who still isn’t sold on Gal Gadot? The film is set to release on June 2, 2017, followed by Justice League in 2017.

The acting die has been cast. I'd be a lot more worried about things like plot and script. The trailer looks cool but most do. I'll remain hopeful.

I do like WW theme music, they used a bit of it in SvB as well. A good score makes a big difference in these super hero movies that are all starting to feel same same.
I really really really wish however that who ever the numnuts is in the industry that keeps asking them to add all the horn blows played 8 octaves low in every stupid trailer would retire... makes me think ever single movie is going to have a transformer in it.

Wish Linda Carter had a cameo. Damn she's still hot.

looks like sort of a Captain America rip off set in WW1 instead of WW2

Still looks more fun than Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. That's where the Captain America films succeed. They're tense and FUN. All the DC stuff so far has just been dark broody slogs.

lol that Justice League is more and more like Avengers now. I guess they changed the tone after the sup vs bat. Has more humor now. I like it and that wonder woman seems interesting.

looks good until the last part about slavery.

Regarding that topic...without getting into poltics:
Yeah Gal, like many female actresses, has brought up the topic up on her social media accounts.
Just the reality of Hollywood these days - *shrug*.

Good trailer and it just seems a bit like Captain America. Why World War 1? The TV show was based in the 70's(Thought it was in the 80's)Guess the bottle glasses never gave it away. Did she really meet this guy all the way back then? Never really read the comics so from seeing the animation and the TV shows I'm a bit confused.

Last edited:
looks good until the last part about slavery.
LOL, yea. No worries though, her thoughts on slavery won't stop her from wanting him to bone her though. Might just tinge the relationship a bit... just a bit.

I love WW I stuff so i will like it as for the boobs, who cares all women have them and I like most of them. I really guess I should read up on the back story of Wonder Woman as I had no idea she harkened from that era. I always just thought she showed up in the 80's along with Mr. T but I grew up with out television so TV trivia is not my strong suite. That spin/slide move on her shield is pretty bad a$$ and the golden rope ting was cool. Can't wait till this is on netflix, not epic enough for theater.

Wonder Woman was the best part of BvS, so I am pretty pumped for this movie. There are not enough WWI movies.

All this talk about comic con got me looking..... and OMG....

JLA - Kevin Conroy is back!
Killing Joke is coming out super soon!

Please tell me they've got a different director and not the guy from the Batman v Superman abortion. I can live with Affleck as Batman but I can't handle another wandering, depressing, moping and downright confusing movie.

This looks pretty good tho and I'm sure I'll check it out but it'll be a rental.

I'm not 100% sold on her either, but I'm still going to watch the hell out of the movie :D

They just keep coming......So sick of superhero movies at this point, although the Kong movie looks kinda cool.

Still not sold on Chris Pine as an actor. Gadot on the other hand is a good choice. Hope they have a good film.

Looks surprisingly good. Oh my god did i just say that about a female lead role super hero sci-fi/fantasy movie? Guess thats what happens when movies dont look like shit "ghostbusters"

Wonder Woman was my favourite thing about BvS, so I'm looking forward to that.

And, yeah, the tonal change from BvS to Justice League is jarring. Really like the effect of the Flash's abilities, his costume is very 'Injustice'.

I honestly just don't find Gal Gadot appealing for whatever reasons my unconscious chooses to have, can't see her in the role even though I've seen Batman v Superman (what a disappointment that was compared to Man of Steel, personal opinion). Would have preferred someone else in the role myself, always thought Gina Carano could have done it well considering her physicality and fighting skills but I'll be the first to admit she's quite wooden in terms of charisma and personality. I did like her a lot in "Haywire" actually, the way she kicked Michael Fassbender's ass up and down then executed him with a bullet to the face under a pillow while she straddled him after knocking him completely senseless... I mean really, who wouldn't want to go out that way? :D

But Gadot, nope, just not seeing it. And Pine, while he's doing ok these days I'm starting to get that Samuel L. Jackson vibe where he seems to grab most anything that comes his way in terms of scripts I suppose. Just in the past few days - and I don't mean this as a negative - but with the Star Trek: Beyond premiere in theaters and flipping channels I've seen just about every role he's been in at least twice when flipping those channels. :D

That Suicide Squad trailer looks hilarious. Frankly, I think out of all the things they are trying to do, I have a sneaking suspicion that will be the success - and if it is, if they still want to world build, do it through the lens of that team.

i don't think this will do well. Gadot just doesn't have the prestige to be playing this role.

Movie is going to bomb hard, looks absolutely awful. Despite the fact that nobody gives a shit about wonder woman, that stupid campy costume that has no functionality is clearly the result of designers and production staff who dont really know how to make a movie about her, so they're just going for what the comics depict. Iron Man got away with mirroring his comic self because his suit is just all metal and has a practical use to it. Batman gets a pass for similar reasons, his suit contains features that enable him to survive. Xmen realized all of their suits are ridiculous and ditched them for black leather. You know why all the superman movies suck? Because they have him in blue spandex and a red cape which is utterly useless and doesnt blend well on screen. And now you have this, wonder woman, wearing a 2 piece bathing suit style bullshit that nobody would ever actually wear in combat. But they dont know how else to design her, which means not much thought or effort has been put into this film.

Pretty, but doesn't have the stereotypical Wonder Woman body (read - no boobs).

I don't like the choice of having Captain Kirk in it either.

I'll check it out when it comes to Netflix or the like, but I'm not going to a theater to see it.

All this talk about comic con got me looking..... and OMG....

Killing Joke is coming out super soon!

I was one of the biggest supporters of TKJ being made into an animated movie, but some of the early reviews and comments made by viewers and screenwriter Brian Azzarello have me worried enough that I'm tempted to cancel the preorder I've had in since day 1. (I linked to an article in the thread for TKJ).

Warner Bros. signs off on R-rated ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ movie

Nothing I've seen of any of the WB/DC movies really makes me say "I want to see that!". Suicide Squad might be good, but that's the only one I'd even consider seeing at this point. MoS was meh, BvS was a trainwreck, and I've just lost any hope in them making a movie I'd enjoy at this point.

It's all opinion though, and I know people who loved MoS and BvS and that's fine. Different people have different tastes is all. For me, DC just isn't getting it done.

The thing that distracts me the most is her sloping forehead. It has a 30 degree slope at least, it looks really weird.

The thing that distracts me the most is her sloping forehead. It has a 30 degree slope at least, it looks really weird.

TYucKe7.jpg

Slavery? So the movie is already PC? I wish they would give it a rest, it's been over a century.

The JL trailer looks awful!

agreed, I already was not expecting much from it before the trailer. Not sure how possible but went from a 1 of 10 for expectations to -3 out of 10.

Please tell me they've got a different director and not the guy from the Batman v Superman abortion. I can live with Affleck as Batman but I can't handle another wandering, depressing, moping and downright confusing movie.

This looks pretty good tho and I'm sure I'll check it out but it'll be a rental.

yes, they fired the other director and replaced him for future movies after all the backlash from bvs. Not sure how much that will help as the movies would already have scripts but we will see.

Snyder is still there but he's pretty much Affleck and Geoff John's bitch now. Affleck got promoted to exec producer for JL and supposedly he's pretty much calling the shot on set now. Geoff Johns was essentially put in charge of overseaing a lot of the DCCU stuff. They couldn't fire Snyder even if they wanted too. They already had filming scheduled for JL before BvS even had it's first screening. Delaying filming would have been insanely expensive and no good director is going to want to jump into another director's mess on short notice. So they just promoted Affleck and Johns and then gave Affleck his own solo Batman film that he can direct.

I'm not 100% sold on her either, but I'm still going to watch the hell out of the movie :D

I like ballet girl body types myself, Charlize Theron has done well for many years along those lines. Gadot is not built like Carter of course, but seems to fit the athletic build closer.

Suicide Squad I'm looking forward to.

I was one of the biggest supporters of TKJ being made into an animated movie, but some of the early reviews and comments made by viewers and screenwriter Brian Azzarello have me worried enough that I'm tempted to cancel the preorder I've had in since day 1. (I linked to an article in the thread for TKJ).

Warner Bros. signs off on R-rated ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ movie

Nothing I've seen of any of the WB/DC movies really makes me say "I want to see that!". Suicide Squad might be good, but that's the only one I'd even consider seeing at this point. MoS was meh, BvS was a trainwreck, and I've just lost any hope in them making a movie I'd enjoy at this point.

It's all opinion though, and I know people who loved MoS and BvS and that's fine. Different people have different tastes is all. For me, DC just isn't getting it done.
That's disappointing. I'm not excited really for any of these live actions either. I sort of want to see them to see if they do a good job or not... though I'm not holding out. This movie already makes me think ugh from the trailer.

That link doesn't work for me.

Back