Woman Missing Since 2005 And Feared Dead Was Living In Internet Cafes For A Decade

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I guess this one will serve as the strange headline of the day.

Yun said she had lived in several places over the last ten years, including Jinhua, Jiangxi, and Hangzhou, and had survived through donations from fellow internet café users. A decade of playing CrossFire had made Yun so good at the game other users would pay her to teach them the best tactics. She had also occasionally worked as a cashier in some of the cafes to earn extra money.

I saw this article earlier in the week somewhere...I'm actually pretty impressed with her ability to survive as a young teenager. I'd be surprised if she didn't resort to prostitution at some point...seems like a decent demographic to pawn your sensual wares to, lol.

This is what I had come to mind at first when I read she was good at crossfire.

Crossfire-by-Freddie-Wong-Starring-Steel-Panthers-Parodying-Crossfire-Commercial-Song.jpg

overall that is a crazy story. 14 and living on your own. After that long doing this, I wonder if she will be able to go back to a "normal" life.

overall that is a crazy story. 14 and living on your own. After that long doing this, I wonder if she will be able to go back to a "normal" life.

That is what I thought of as well, but didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure if I'd be alone in that haha.

Crossfire-by-Freddie-Wong-Starring-Steel-Panthers-Parodying-Crossfire-Commercial-Song.jpg

I had that game as a Kid very fun shooter the commerical made it more fun that what it was but still a fun game. I seen this game at Walmat the other day called Pie in Face I guess it's a older game brought back I suppose someone will get hurt and it will go off the market again.

Pie-Face-Game-1024x1024.jpg

I saw this article earlier in the week somewhere...I'm actually pretty impressed with her ability to survive as a young teenager. I'd be surprised if she didn't resort to prostitution at some point...seems like a decent demographic to pawn your sensual wares to, lol.
She's female; that's like playing the game on easy mode. All she has to do is find a beta-bucks boyfriend that likes to game, and he can support her, and I'm sure its really hard to find that when you live at internet cafes! ;)

Pretty much. Of course a cute guy can pull off the same thing, just a little harder to find the right girl or more importantly, to get her to fall for you. Usually one who is just young enough and hasn't been heartbroken yet. Girls do anything for that first guy as long as he doesn't hurt her too bad, and sometimes even then.

She's female; that's like playing the game on easy mode. All she has to do is find a beta-bucks boyfriend that likes to game, and he can support her, and I'm sure its really hard to find that when you live at internet cafes! ;)

True... but by western standards an adult guy having a 14 year old girlfriend makes the guy a pedophile. Now after a few years that might have been easier. but for ages 14 to say 16, that is a little harder to pull off.

Does it bruise your egos so much to think that a girl could be skilled enough to earn a living without resorting to prostitution that you have to assume that she did?

Does it bruise your egos so much to think that a girl could be skilled enough to earn a living without resorting to prostitution that you have to assume that she did?

At 14 I probably wouldn't have survived. I still thought the world owed me everything at that point and I had the answer for everything.

....I'm not sure how it would bruise my ego one way or the other??

All I'm saying is that life is tough, especially for a young teenager who's trying to make it in the world alone without any support system. When you're young, you typically take the easy way out and I'd wager it's the easy way coupled with a hard head that started her down the path she took to begin with. I'm only furthering the scenario based on what little evidence we have to go off of. Finding freelance work in her skillset is obviously possible, but with most freelance work, there are times when work dries up. As a 14-24 year old girl with no education and a primary skill of a single game, it doesn't appear as though she has a whole lot to fall back on.

It doesn't surprise me at all that people some people here would think that. There are a lot of people that are trapped in dead ends alleys of thought on the planet.

Back