Woman Lets Internet Name Her Baby For $5k

HardOCP News

[H] News
I was going to rip this lady a new one for being an idiot but I figured you guys are going to do it anyway so there is no need to pile on. ;)

Voting runs March 18-22 on a ballot that will include names that are currently #trending and sponsored by BabyNames.net. What could go wrong? Nothing, according to Hill, who says her current favorite are Keturah for a girl and Winter for a boy. The three-month-old fetus, by the way, has no say in the matter. What could go wrong?

How about we start a pool for an abortion instead so she doesn't continue contaminating the gene pool?

No worries, she says her favorite BOY name is Winter... fucking Winter? Holy shit she fucking deserves to have her kid named Momsmistake or Daddidntpullout or GoDaddy.com :D

That said, and yeah I'm going to say it, there's a certain ethnic portion of the population who seems to have taken naming their kids to a whole new level of "Wait what?" One kid in my nephew's 8th grade class is "La-la" so I know what you're saying nothing wrong with Lala other than it sounds a little fruity... except it's not Lala it's La-la... and I shit you not the way it's actually pronounced is "Ladashla" the kid says, it the mom says it, legally that's the kids name... fuuuuuuuuck

Yes, let's blame the child for what their parents do. :rolleyes:
Abortion isn't blaming the child, it's blaming the parents. Not the child's fault that the mother had sex with Chinese monkey.

BTW, Pepsi would be the #1 winner for child's name. Companies would have a ball with that one.

No worries, she says her favorite BOY name is Winter... fucking Winter? Holy shit she fucking deserves to have her kid named Momsmistake or Daddidntpullout or GoDaddy.com :D

That said, and yeah I'm going to say it, there's a certain ethnic portion of the population who seems to have taken naming their kids to a whole new level of "Wait what?" One kid in my nephew's 8th grade class is "La-la" so I know what you're saying nothing wrong with Lala other than it sounds a little fruity... except it's not Lala it's La-la... and I shit you not the way it's actually pronounced is "Ladashla" the kid says, it the mom says it, legally that's the kids name... fuuuuuuuuck

Ladashla still sounds a hell of a lot tougher than fricking "winter".

What a screwed up world we live in...

Winter? Like the protagonist of Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Oh wait, that was a last name. Nvm.

Haha.. She is going to regret it down the road.. or she could still change it later..

Meh, parents give their kids dumb names all the time. If you know you're giving out an idiot name anyway, may as well earn some $$$ on the side. As an example, here in Ohio, there's a couple who named their two kids "Pebbles" and "Bam-Bam," and another woman who named her kid "Vodka." Yes, those are names on their birth certificates. Those are just the ones I've found out about recently. I've heard better, but forget this stuff after a while, as it happens so frequently. Don't ask how I know.

Hi...I'd like you to meet my son "01" and his twin brother "10"

How about a name where the initials are CSS or HTML?

Hello, my name is Cloud (almost sounds Indian)

If it's a girl....how about "Twitter"?

I wonder if she might go with "Java" or "IT"

What would happen when the start dating if their name is "Outsource"?

I kinda like "H4x0r" or "B0tn3t"

What are the chances of this kid ending up a religious Walmart shopper?

I think the kid will end up with some serious vulnerabilities.

I think someone should use all numbers to name their kid. Let's see how all the computer software they run into during life will handle it.

Winter for a boy's name WTF? this theoretical child doesn't even exist yet and I already want to heckle it.

Poor kid is going to end up named: "4ChanLulz" or something.

And this his name became Hashtag, written simply as #. She wants him to grow up to be a pop star so she starts with a name only a pop singer could have.

Nationwide voting will commence on March 18 through March 22.

Let's get the Buzzer in on this action.

The baby needs to be named: [H]

If a girl, when she turns 18 her name will automatically turn into #babygotback

If a boy, when he turns 18 his name will automatically turn into #hummadahummadahummada

There's some form of regulation for the names. I'd wait until the final round before making judgement.

An interesting article about the things you cannot assume when making a customer name database:

http://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/

For example, I am aware of a hospital patient whose name was A O. First name A, last name O. The hospital's database had problems with this because stupid assumptions were made about the minimum length of a name (why would you even... oh never mind, stupid just is). Fixing the database turned out to be a non-trivial endeavor; something about having to recompile hundreds of thousands of records which they hadn't ever had to do before, so of course half the records were not clean, resulting in untold hundreds of hours of reconciliation.

Back