Woman Having “Bad Day” Drives SUV Into T-Mobile Store

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you work in retail, you should always make sure the customer is satisfied—lest they drive their car into your store. The funny thing is that this isn’t the first time someone crashed a vehicle into a T-Mobile.

Wright showed up at the T-Mobile store at South Congress Avenue and 10th Avenue North on Wednesday looking to exchange her cracked iPhone, the report said. Wright told a store manager that it was her birthday and she was going to “bug out” if she didn’t get the phone replaced. The manager told Palm Springs police that Wright did not “appear right” and seemed to be under the influence of a substance. Wright returned to the store Thursday, but never walked inside. Instead, she allegedly rammed her 2005 Nissan Armada SUV through the front entrance. A store employee injured his knee and was taken to the hospital after being hit by a display case toppled by the SUV.

Sounds like she should have just bought a new phone*. Would have saved her A LOT of money.

* or gone to a small claims court, or used a protective case, or placed a BBB complaint, or anything rational
She claims to have had T-mobile phone insurance. I'm not sure if T-mobile made a mistake such as saying she didn't have it, or if they even offer insurance for phones and if so what the parameters of the agreement are, so I can't comment on that.

That being said, the phone dispute and deciding to do the following are completely unrelated. She deserves punishment:
  • Purposefully drive your car through a storefront, endangering the lives of employees and patrons. Caused approx $30000 in damage to the store.
  • Depart the vehicle and physically smash more glass displays (in addition to what the car did)
  • Assault an employee (physically striking them)
She could have just filed a dispute or went to small claims court. Ironically she's going to find herself in court anyways now. Would have been on much better terms if she wasn't a dope.

She supposedly wasn't on drugs or alcohol. Time to call the white coats.

Let's be honest though, it's not like we haven't all thought there were stores that needed a drive through.

Kidding aside, this is the exact same as losing your shit and shooting a store up. It needs to be treated the same way.

Also, for anyone wondering, a cracked phone is a damaged phone. If she had insurance, the store woulda referred her to assurant for her to do a claim. It would be a deductible of $175 and it's all done through the mail. It's the same for any major phone carrier.
Also, apple stores repair iphones, not to mention the phone repair shops littered throughout. She had options. She just decided to go batshit crazy.

Sounds like she should have just bought a new phone*. Would have saved her A LOT of money.

* or gone to a small claims court, or used a protective case, or placed a BBB complaint, or anything rational
Um good luck taking a multi-million dollar company to small claims court, protective cases don't protect all things, and filing a case with the BBB is like farting outside during a hurricane. Could the next door neighbor smell it? Not likely. Personally I get a sense of schadenfreude when someone puts something as easy as replacing a phone into perspective when compared with getting a architect, electrical engineer, permits, etc just to replace a wall. Do I think she's right? No, but it's still funny as all get out.

She shouldn't need her phone for awhile now so it doesn't matter that it is still broke.

Why do people think the BBB is useful for anything? Why do people assist in validating their extortion? You might as well walk up to a Walmart security guard and tell them about your problems.

Reactions: kac77
like this
I don't get people like this. I was at a car dealership the other day. A lady drives up and just starts honking for 10 min outside the front. Finally a manager comes out and asks her what she wants. She says her radio doesn't work. He asks if she has pressed the button to turn it on. She says that's not helping and that he needs to fix it. He says hes sales and service is closed and she'll have to come back another day. She demands he fixes it. He just walks away. She sits there and honks for another 15 min.

Driving a 2005 Nissan Armada while demanding a 1000 dollar replacement phone... Get a cheap phone lady, jeesh.

I work in a tire shop, and if I deny a tread wear warranty due to alignment issues ( often ), it usually ends up in an unhappy customer. Plenty leave rubber on their way out. Had a few cases where cops were reported plate numbers due to pedestrian/ customer/employee safety was concerned.. Camera's pick it all up.

So many customers are just stupid assholes, one of the many reasons I quit retail pharmacy after 1 year. The customer is not always right.

Back