Woman Burned By Exploding iPhone 7?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know about you but this story seems kinda fishy. I'm not sure but the burn marks seem a little too sloppy to be made by an Apple product. You know, something not quite magical. ;)

That's not an explosion, she just cooked her arm past 45°C with the phone charging against her skin. Protein coagulates, skin dies. No explosion.

I don't know about you, but I think those burn marks look very magical.

Untitled.png

Talk about a burn...

DO NOT... repeat... DO NOT eat your iPhone!!!

If you attempt to eat your iPhone you could chip or break teeth... but in my case I was successful and had shards of sharp glass throughout my mouth and lips.

So... even though it would appear to be tasty... please... please... DO NOT attempt to eat your iPhone.

I'm posting this in hopes of keeping as many people as possible safe...

Last edited:
People need to be way smarter with their tech, your phone should be kept turned off at all times in a fire proof safe, in a flame retardant building next to the fire department. She has nobody to blame but herself.

DO NOT... repeat... DO NOT eat your iPhone!!!

If you attempt to eat your iPhone you could chip or breath teeth... but in my case I was successful and had shards of sharp glass throughout my mouth and lips.

So... even though it would appear to be tasty... please... please... DO NOT attempt to eat your iPhone.

I'm posting this in hopes of keeping as many people as possible safe...
maybe you didnt cook it long enough, im going to try 350* for 20 min.

technically, when the temperature is too cold, the phone stops working. When the phone is too Hot, I would assume the screen turns off by itself until it cools off, but in her case, the phone was charging while all of her body heat was lying on it, not cool.

The burn kind of looks like a magical unicorn to me, so I'd have to agree it had to be caused by an iPhone.

It's sad just how little the general public knows about electronics. She tries to place the blame on Apple: "...I've been an iPhone user since the beginning..." yet she doesn't realize the simple matter of the fact is that she sandwiched a charging, hot, device between her arm and whatever else while she slept....so it was basically a slow steady burn. Her hash tags are a poor attempt for her 'awareness' to go viral as well.

Some people....

These are the kind of people that need to hurry up and die. Stupid should hurt, I approve.

It's sad just how little the general public knows about electronics. She tries to place the blame on Apple: "...I've been an iPhone user since the beginning..." yet she doesn't realize the simple matter of the fact is that she sandwiched a charging, hot, device between her arm and whatever else while she slept....so it was basically a slow steady burn. Her hash tags are a poor attempt for her 'awareness' to go viral as well.

Some people....
everybody just wants their 15 min of fame......and a settlement.

WARNING: Do not insert Penis in CD-ROM Drive hole. Severe Lacerations could occur!

The burn was caused by a cable, or something with ball tip the radius of a cord.
I'm guessing the cable she had burned her (prob some shitty cheap thing) or she made up the story.

The burn was caused by a cable, or something with ball tip the radius of a cord.
I'm guessing the cable she had burned her (prob some shitty cheap thing) or she made up the story.

Looking at the photos was kind of thinking the same, the lower part looks like the outline of the phone, and the cable was bunched up behind the phone, and then excess cord from around and going up the arm, it really looks like the phone didn't over heat at all and actually shielded part of her arm from more burns from the cable....

Looks like one of those $3.00 & FEE SHIPPING from China charging cords off of eBay or Amazon that she ended up paying for in one way or the other.

One would think Samsung could come up with a better ploy than this.

technically, when the temperature is too cold, the phone stops working. When the phone is too Hot, I would assume the screen turns off by itself until it cools off, but in her case, the phone was charging while all of her body heat was lying on it, not cool.

My 5 year old Galaxy Nexus wouldn't charge if it was over heated. I assume all modern smart phones that have temperature sensors would do the same. This might lend credence that an inferior quality power cable was used and burned her.

"More than 90% of ‘genuine’ Apple chargers & cables sold on Amazon are fake, says Apple"

Despite all those news she read and heard by now yet she slept by accident with her arm ON the iPhone while it was charging? I couldn't figure it out WHERE she slept.

*smh at her stupidness*

Where is the picture of the phone? I couldn't find any in her FB post.

I was talking with someone the other day who spent $800ish on their phone, and was very proud of the super cheap cables they bought from Amazon. Some of the cables are dangerous. They are probably cheap for a reason. (Not defending what Apple charges - $25 is stupidly expensive).
I thought I found a good deal on recessed lighting fixtures recently. They were 40% cheaper than Home Depot. Then I found out they were not UL certified. Some of the reviews were kind of scary. I decided to pass on the cheapo house burner model.

Back