Woman Assaults Man For Taking Pictures With A Drone

Clearly you don't have a daughter.

I have young nieces and nephews and I'd protect them with my life. Based on your story if true your brother lost it and is insanely lucky his actions didn't ruin his life and his families. There are a million other ways he could have and should have handled the situation.

Even if I did I wouldn't risk my family, my career, my freedom, by breaking possibly thousands of dollars of property and the mans arm. Had the man inappropriately touched my daughter sure but for being creepy I would not have broken his arm and risked everything I held dear.

To me it only confirmed that this guy was up to no good, and slunk off before anyone could ask any questions. That said, my brother isn't the brightest bulb. When he told me the story I gave him a long lecture about much the same thing. Afterward though I was thinking about it, the law as it stands now and realized that legally that man could have sat there all day taking pictures and despite their complaints they couldn't have stopped him, the police would have shrugged and done nothing. My point was that, the law aside, if you're going to walk around public places like a beach or park and take pictures of other people, their children, with a camera or a drone. You do run a risk. Some people do not like photographs taken of them, especially their children. This woman, my brother, aren't nearly the scariest, or more dangerous of them.

The next beach he goes to might have a dude with a gun.

This is just one of those stories where you wanna ask that guy, "what were u thinking?!"

To those calling it creepy and other nonsense. There is a video on his youtube of the footage the uav captured. It is even linked in this very thread. It shows lots of scenery, the beach and things he flew around doing for 4 minutes. What it doesn't show is any detail of people because its pretty high up, and focused on the scenery.

Perhaps some of you should do a bit of research before blaming the victim just because you are paranoid of anyone with a camera now.

Feminist Equality.

1) Woman Attacks man, he defends himself and is instantly the hyper aggressive chauvinist, sexist asshole, gets beaten by standby "white knights" and goes to jail for sexual assault.

2) Woman attacks man, he does nothing but record and he is a pussy ass bitch while she get arrested, slapped on the wrist and told to not get recorded next time.

Great Choice. :rolleyes:

Unfortunate but true.

Come on, it's still creepy as hell. Flying a camera equipped drone around a beach, please. Dude's just lucky she was the only one who attacked him

[etc.]

Wow...just...wow.

Nothing more to say than :rolleyes: to this.

If you are inappropriate to photograph on a public beach from 100+ feet up, then you are inappropriate to be on said beach with other people...you know, because it's a public beach.

Wow...just...wow.

Nothing more to say than :rolleyes: to this.

If you are inappropriate to photograph on a public beach from 100+ feet up, then you are inappropriate to be on said beach with other people...you know, because it's a public beach.

100 feet up is fine. Flying back and forth low level is not. We know of the video he posted on youtube, we don't know if there was video he didn't. We don't know if there's more to this story. Maybe he's completely innocent, maybe there's other recordings that aren't so innocent

So ya ya ya, eye roll, and "wow just wow" your heart out, be as condescending as you like. Let's see how cool and collected you are when someone is snapping pics of your children. Public place or not.

I don't see the problem here

Public beach, can do what you want on a public beach

If this was a pilot and a cameraman in a helicopter/plane would she still have assaulted them for "Violating my privacy!"?

Also, misdemeanor charges for assaulting him, bull fucking shit, if it was him assaulting her he would have had a shitload of jail time

The problem is not the drone (rc copter) or photography or even creepiness. The main problem i see a lot in society is so many people just want to fight or beat the shit out of someone so bad they take any reason they believe would legally let them do so.

If I were in his shoes, I would have brained the bitch hard and dealt with the social fallout of the "YOU DON'T HIT WOMEN" troop that puffs up whenever crap like that happens. Pretty good reason for CCW right there, multiple goons trying to get you on the ground to kick your teeth in or worse for something that is none of their business... There was no reason for that situation to escalate into a physical confrontation. I don't know if parentage is to blame here or not, but the sense of people doling out justice "OH I'LL TEACH YOU!!!" needs to be retired already.

If it was between two men, it would have been that simple. But you are forgetting how this would have went if he didn't have evidence of what happened. He would have been charged with assault. He would have been framed as a pervert. Some white knight would have tried doxing him to get other white knights and feminist to shame him for his sense of entitlement.

Internet activists would harass his job to fire him because of his history of beating women. Eventually the media at large would pick it up and it would continue on for another couple of weeks. It wouldn't matter if the truth eventually came out his life would be ruined, and everything would just be seen as a 'shining a light on male privileged.

Eventually this is all going to get played out as it gets more ridiculous. True stories of violence is getting ignored, while articles about how some writer thinks maleficent has a rape scene because a man took her wings. get top billing. It's pretty sad.

and to add, I enjoy both photography and my quadcopter with camera. Only on a couple occasions have I snagged a person unintentionally in one of my photos and thanks to awesome gimp software, they are removed as if they were never there, or i just trash those frames of video or photo. Otherwise I have to agree, in this field you should always ask for permission.

Thought I really do hate the creepy feeling I get as I walk through the park with camera around my neck with the cap on and people still put their daughters behind them as they walk toward me on the path :/

I feel like I'm living in two separate worlds here with all the talk of all these "white knights" roaming around beating the crap out of people raising their hand to women (or other men, for that matter). Instead all I see is no one raising a hand to help their fellow man/woman, ever, and women being taught to yell "Fire!" instead of "Rape!" because no one will come to help with the latter.

Also, :rolleyes: , to all the poor put upon men living such hard lives.

100 feet up is fine. Flying back and forth low level is not. We know of the video he posted on youtube, we don't know if there was video he didn't. We don't know if there's more to this story. Maybe he's completely innocent, maybe there's other recordings that aren't so innocent

So ya ya ya, eye roll, and "wow just wow" your heart out, be as condescending as you like. Let's see how cool and collected you are when someone is snapping pics of your children. Public place or not.

A) There were no children involved here. Only a stupid woman that tried to get someone charged on a false charge when she instigated it all. Did you even watch the video he provided? It's quite obvious you didn't.
B) This was a public beach. NO EXPECTATIONS OF PRIVACY, PERIOD.
C) Tone down your attitude before you get banned.

A) There were no children involved here. Only a stupid woman that tried to get someone charged on a false charge when she instigated it all. Did you even watch the video he provided? It's quite obvious you didn't.
B) This was a public beach. NO EXPECTATIONS OF PRIVACY, PERIOD.
C) Tone down your attitude before you get banned.

A) I was referring to my earlier comments regarding a different story. And yes I did.
B) So I can walk up to you and your family and start taking pictures of them, and you have to either leave or stay there and take it. Right?
C) lol

A) I was referring to my earlier comments regarding a different story. And yes I did.
B) So I can walk up to you and your family and start taking pictures of them, and you have to either leave or stay there and take it. Right?
C) lol

A) No you weren't. You provided a different story of someone snapping pictures with a regular camera and the consequences of breaking someone's arm illegal vs a rotorcopter taking a scenery recording.
B) Yep

A) No you weren't. You provided a different story of someone snapping pictures with a regular camera and the consequences of breaking someone's arm illegal vs a rotorcopter taking a scenery recording.
B) Yep
B) If they use my photographs for commercial purposes, I'm entitled to sue them. That's backed by precedent

I have never hit a woman and I congratulate the victim for restraining himself.
bitch be cray cray. :cool:

In your relatives situation, I probably would have asked if they got any good shots then had them send them to me... but maybe that's too level headed.

B) Yep

Yes, that's the one.

Lol. Glad I don't like in the good old US of A. Sounds awful there.

Yes, that's the one.

Lol. Glad I don't like in the good old US of A. Sounds awful there.

Wow are you really stupid here that you think you can shift the goal post?

This is what you said
This exact situation involved absolutely no children whatosever.

You were not talking about your anecdotal story here. FULL STOP.

you may think you have such a right, but none actually exists in US law....
I assume you refer to the 4th amendment of the US Constitution? The Constitution exists to protect any particular individual US civilian from the US Government itself.

The Constitution does not, itself, legislate what private citizens can do to one another; that is why the Government was formed in the first place; to legislate what private citizens can and cannot do. Since this thread is about a private citizen attacking another private citizen, things like the 4th amendment, and "unreasonable search" and "without a warrant" clearly don't apply here.

Even the first amendment, free speech, doesn't apply; the 1st amendment only protects against legal constraints on speech (ie. she sued him in court, which then barred him from filming on public property). Nothing she was doing to him was legal [punching and kicking him], so no application of Article 1 infringement, either.

The only thing that video shows is that there are crazy people among us, and one of them was caught on tape and arrested yesterday.... the kid flying his drone was breaking exactly zero laws.

I'm in full agreement. I was just putting an amendment on there that the gov't shouldn't have the right to keep your movements in public on file 24/7 for 50 years unless you were already under criminal investigation.

OMG! You FULL STOP'd me!!!!

I'm gonna continue anyway. My anecdotal story, which I used in referrence a few times after mentioning it, continued through and including that post. Sorry for confusing you, but that's what happened.

Careful with the name calling, I might not be the one banned.

I have never hit a woman and I congratulate the victim for restraining himself.
bitch be cray cray. :cool:

Same. I never hit a girl. Never hit a girl unless she's endangering a life. And only do so to stop her from hurting others.

OMG! You FULL STOP'd me!!!!

I'm gonna continue anyway. My anecdotal story, which I used in referrence a few times after mentioning it, continued through and including that post. Sorry for confusing you, but that's what happened.

Careful with the name calling, I might not be the one banned.
Confusing me? No, you know you were wrong here. I responded to the right post and you confused yourself, not me.

I should have been more clear perhaps, but that is how I was tying children into this story.

I should have been more clear perhaps, but that is how I was tying children into this story.
And you know what. How do I know you're not a murderer? You haven't said so so therefore we don't know if you're not a murderer or not. It's strawman crap. Until I see evidence suggesting otherwise which A) This girl attacked this guy on video which he did not instigate the attack B) He provided a video of scenery recording, C) He was not arrested, she was.

You're literally taking the exact opposite of the facts presented here.

Actually he is completely wrong.

The original idea for a drone was what is now considered an autonomous "whatever" then people started calling remote piloted vehicles "drones." The name became part of the popular language so autonomous vehicle had to be introduced. While the initial concept for a drone wasn't a truly autonomous vehicle as it couldn't plan its own path and objective, rather it was pre-loaded with a planed path and objective. The idea that a civilian quad-copter is a drone is rather misguided as they are either instructed to achieve a flight height and then "tether" to a controller that will keep the copter from flying to far from a transmitter as it sort of randomly drifts around following a pre-programmed set of flight controls. Or then quad-copter was being directly flown by the operator like the robotic flight planes that many people refer to as drones.

Oh I'll admit, the facts here are strongly in his favor. I don't think he should be charged or anything, and she clearly was off the rails. I do think he needs to be a little smarter about where he plays with his toys. I mean, come on, there's a pretty high chance that flying a camera around a public place is going to get on someone's bad side. There's crazy's like her, there's super over protective fathers, like my brother. And a lot worse.

He didn't deserve a beating, but I can't say I'm surprised he got one.

To those calling it creepy and other nonsense. There is a video on his youtube of the footage the uav captured. It is even linked in this very thread. It shows lots of scenery, the beach and things he flew around doing for 4 minutes. What it doesn't show is any detail of people because its pretty high up, and focused on the scenery.

Perhaps some of you should do a bit of research before blaming the victim just because you are paranoid of anyone with a camera now.

OMG Really?

Your going to look at what he posted and think that that's all there is to it, that there is no way he has other video a little more damning that he didn't post for the world to see.

Fuck you are gullible aren't you?

OMG Really?

Your going to look at what he posted and think that that's all there is to it, that there is no way he has other video a little more damning that he didn't post for the world to see.

Fuck you are gullible aren't you?

It's no worse to assume that he didn't film anything else than it is to assume he did. Actually, the opposite is probably true. It is worse to assume he did (presumption of innocebse and all). Either way, absent of proof the woman had no right to behave how she did.

Actually, even if she had proof of wrongdoing she had no right to assault the man. She could have called the police if she had a concern.

I mean, come on, there's a pretty high chance that flying a camera around a public place is going to get on someone's bad side. .

People walk around in public every day with their cell phones snapping pictures left and right, right near/around your face, and no one gives a shit...but no, let's get upset about a tiny camera high up in the air that can barely make out any detail on a person below.

If he was flying a camera over a nudist colony or somewhere private, then okay. However that was not the case and this was a completely public area, within which you have no right to privacy.

Everyone must now submit video proof that they are a good guy Greg which will clear them of being a bad guy and a murderer.

People walk around in public every day with their cell phones snapping pictures left and right, right near/around your face, and no one gives a shit...but no, let's get upset about a tiny camera high up in the air that can barely make out any detail on a person below.

If he was flying a camera over a nudist colony or somewhere private, then okay. However that was not the case and this was a completely public area, within which you have no right to privacy.

I wonder if the nudists would care. Really. I'm serious. I wonder if they'd be bothered.

I call myself a journalist and I am taking pictures I want to sell to a local paper etc

Now what?

Hell I don't even have to do that, if you're on public property I can use pictures or footage I take of you to do anything I want with

Now what?

People walk around in public every day with their cell phones snapping pictures left and right, right near/around your face, and no one gives a shit...

I haven't seen somoene pull out a cell phone to take photos since December and that was a friend at a Christmas party and she was super cool about it, asking permission first and saying she was gonna post stuff to her Facebook page. Since then I haven't seen anyone take a pic with their phone near me, much less of me. I really think what you're saying is a big exaggeration.

I haven't seen somoene pull out a cell phone to take photos since December and that was a friend at a Christmas party and she was super cool about it, asking permission first and saying she was gonna post stuff to her Facebook page. Since then I haven't seen anyone take a pic with their phone near me, much less of me. I really think what you're saying is a big exaggeration.

How's it feel to live in the middle of nowhere? :p

Back