Wolfenstein Youngblood Trailer

copied from pcgamer.com

Wolfenstein 3 is 'absolutely' being made

By Andy Chalk 3 hours ago

Bethesda's Pete Hines confirmed that a full-on Wolfenstein sequel, separate from Youngblood, is in the works.

missing-image.svg

The Wolfenstein series numbering scheme is a little messy. Castle Wolfenstein was the first, but the FPS series as we know it started 25 years ago with Wolfenstein 3D. Sequels and reboots led to Wolfenstein—just Wolfenstein—in 2009, after which Bethesda took over and gave us Wolfenstein: The New Order and then Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, neither of which were Wolfenstein 2, which didn't come along until last year. This year, Bethesda revealed Wolfenstein: Youngblood at E3, which in keeping with that complicated tradition is not Wolfenstein 3 but rather a standalone spin-off.

A proper Wolfenstein 3 is on the way, however, although you probably don't want to start holding your breath waiting for it just yet. "Absolutely we’re making a Wolfenstein 3," Pete Hines, Bethesda's vice president of PR and marketing, said in an interview with Metro. "They said on stage [at E3] that they’re taking a break from the larger story to do this thing. But we all have to see how that ends."

Hines also said that dire stories of Wolfenstein 2's poor sales performance were a little overblown. "At the end of the day Wolfenstein did well for us, because we're about to do two more Wolfenstein games," he said. "Could it have done better? Sure. But…"

He made a similar commitment to the future of other single-player Bethesda games, such as Prey and Dishonored, which according to some reports also failed to meet expectations. But Hines pointed out that more Prey DLC is on the way, and cautioned against reading too much into the statement that the Dishonored series is "resting."

"Look, Arkane has two studios, they’re working on a number of things. That’s no different than Todd Howard saying, ‘I’m gonna make a Fallout game and then I’m gonna make Starfield before I go back to TES6’," Hines said. "He didn’t say I’m never making another… there’s like, 'We have an idea for another thing here, we have an idea for another there'."

"We are a business, we are trying to make money so we’re doing things that we think are smart. We’re doing things we think people will want and will be successful. And it’s gonna continue to be a mix."

Wolfenstein: Youngblood, set in Paris in the early 1980s following the disappearance of BJ Blazkowicz, is expected to be out in 2019. Wolfenstein 3 hasn't actually been officially announced yet, and so we'll just have to wait patiently until Walmart Canada does us a solid.

Looks dumb, with a capital DUMB.
Yeah, because the new order but especially the new colossus wasn't? I don't see how can you get any dumber than the latter.

Honestly I can't tell shit from this trailer. It can go either way. But saying it's dumb because it has women, is only pouring petroleum on the sjw bonfires.

Yeah, because the new order but especially the new colossus wasn't? I don't see how can you get any dumber than the latter.

Honestly I can't tell shit from this trailer. It can go either way. But saying it's dumb because it has women, is only pouring petroleum on the sjw bonfires.
That’s nifty, but it’s still dumb. A couple of teenage girls are going after Nazis where professional soldiers couldn’t. Maybe they can Facebook the Nazis to death. And yes I agree The New Colossus was crap.....I bought it, played 30 minutes of it and never touched it again. If id software changes the Doom guy to the Doom girl, I’d say the same thing about Doom. You don’t change the series main character, just to please the pc crowd.

Last edited:
That’s nifty, but it’s still dumb. A couple of teenage girls are going after Nazis where professional soldiers couldn’t. Maybe they can Facebook the Nazis to death. And yes I agree The New Colossus was crap.....I bought it, played 30 minutes of it and never touched it again. If id software changes the Doom guy to the Doom girl, I’d say the same thing about Doom. You don’t change the series main character, just to please the pc crowd.
This is a spinoff, not a continuation. So it's not the changing of a character, it's a completely separate story. Please don't ruin my argument against SJWs, I thought "I don't like it because women" was really not a thing in the gaming community.

Looks alright to me. Seems prime for some sort of two-player semi-asynchronous co-op like in Dead Space 3. Not sure if that's where they're going, but I could see that being cool.

Looks alright to me. Seems prime for some sort of two-player semi-asynchronous co-op like in Dead Space 3. Not sure if that's where they're going, but I could see that being cool.
My son and I are co-oping Dead Space 3 now and it’s great.....I’m playing as John Carver and my son, Isaac, he doesn’t see some of the things/visions Carver sees, it’s fantastic.

Think I'll skip the latest Wolfenstein. I bought "New Order" and it was unplayable. Huge microstutter every couple of seconds. Yet all my other big games work fine (GTA 5, Doom, Witcher 3 etc). I bet the new one will be badly optimized like the last one.

Back