Wolfenstein: The New Order Performance Review @ [H]

I don't think it's a throttling thing for me (clockblocker fix) because my frames are consistently at 60FPS (they don't dip at all) according to the RivaTuner program with a single monitor - but yet the tearing continues.

I'm getting tearing with no FPS fluctuations after fixing the stuttering (my card was originally throttling for whatever reason caused by power states). I am not so sure it's your monitor specifically.

I was getting some combination of tearing and stuttering at first. (on NV hardware after going to Win 10.) It ended up being because I had an HDMI cable running over to the TV, which had different scaling settings than my monitor. (even though the TV was off) For some reason that combo just wrecked everything. Pulled the HDMI cable out, and instantly smooth as silk with zero tearing. I think this is probably a rare case, and probably unrelated. However, when I see someone try this much to get rid of these problems, it may be worth checking into. I should mention that I discovered the problem playing Wolfenstein The Old Blood, but it happened with a couple of other games too. (not all of them though...)

Finally got round to replaying this game and had serious issues until i read about renaming the Wolfenstein64.exe to Somethings else like Wolfenstein32. More than doubled my performance by doing that. AMD has a really fucked up built in profile? This is what i had before.
WolfNewOrder_x64_2016_02_19_18_14_12_106_zpssdw9ydn9.jpg

And after renaming it fluctuates between this and 60.....also get that part time tearing as well...guess its just a bug with the game
WolfNewOrder_x32_2016_02_19_20_45_33_004_zpsetrse93m.jpg

So I never figured out the frame tearing issue - but I did just finish the game this weekend. Despite the technical issue - it was one of the best games I've ever played. Surely the best FPS game I've ever played. I really enjoyed the story, and felt attached to the characters and it was overall just really well done. The sound was great - the action was intense - you felt sad and proud at the end. I hear they are making another one - I'll be playing it for sure.

Finally got round to replaying this game and had serious issues until i read about renaming the Wolfenstein64.exe to Somethings else like Wolfenstein32. More than doubled my performance by doing that. AMD has a really fucked up built in profile? This is what i had before.
WolfNewOrder_x64_2016_02_19_18_14_12_106_zpssdw9ydn9.jpg

And after renaming it fluctuates between this and 60.....also get that part time tearing as well...guess its just a bug with the game
WolfNewOrder_x32_2016_02_19_20_45_33_004_zpsetrse93m.jpg
Can you make new game profile to get the fix or only renaming the .exe works?

That actually may be possible (you mean where it over writes the existing one?) at the time it didn't occur to me to try that. Should i change it back and see what happens?

That actually may be possible (you mean where it over writes the existing one?) at the time it didn't occur to me to try that. Should i change it back and see what happens?
Actually I guess it should but never seen anyone mention an issue with it one way or another. No need to bother unless you wish to do it for posterity. :D The few times I set up some profiles it mentioned overwriting an existing one where I didn't have one myself, so just assumed it was an AMD driver update one.

Why a stock profile would have very low gpu usage makes ya wonder...its not like it was forcing 8x this or 64x that....its was like my card was taking a nap with 40% usage and outputting 16fps with huge stutters...after i renamed the .exe it averaged around 90% usage. You can imagine lowering the in game settings for better fps only made the gpu usage go down --but since changing the name of the .exe it works as it should

Back