Wolfenstein: The New Order Launch Trailer

for once i am going to purchasing a Wolfensetin game

It looks neat, still not gonna buy it without seeing reviews first. I'm sick of preorders and day 1 purchases only to end up with garbage no matter how cool everything seemed like it would be.

Remember when you used to have to read the manual if you wanted know the story of the game?

Doesn't seem to linear if you watch the Stealth vs. Mayham video they put out before this. But I have no problem with linear games. Some of the best games are linear.

Yeah, I guess that was a slightly better trailer. The first one I saw where they were scaling a wall and going through trenches and whatnot seemed incredibly linear.

Mostly my concern isn't so much that it's linear, but that linear games tend to be pretty short.

Doesn't seem to linear if you watch the Stealth vs. Mayham video they put out before this. But I have no problem with linear games. Some of the best games are linear.

Yep

And some times after a bad day I like Linear games that I know I can pick up something that goes boom and cause mayhem.

"Well....I'm on the motherfuckin moon." That cracked me up for some reason. :D

So I had the volume turned down and Motley Crue's "Looks that kill" was playing .... it is rather ironic how well that song syncs up with the video.

The fact they are using the IDTECH5 engine it looks good!!! Character models look like ass though compared to other games like Crysis 3. I hope it does as good as RAGE anyway =) DOOM Beta should be interesting though they need Multiplayer though...

Wolfenstein: The New Order Will Not Have Multiplayerd

Well they screw it !!!

I have yet to finish the Single player campaign for every game I own =)

ID is not developping the game, MachineGames is... Some people working there are ex-Starbreez staffers (who all worked on Riddick and The Darkness). Maybe it will be good (looks like it!).

It looks neat, still not gonna buy it without seeing reviews first. I'm sick of preorders and day 1 purchases only to end up with garbage no matter how cool everything seemed like it would be.

This is a philosophy all gamers should adopt. :)

An FPS should be linear and have lots of corridors. Hiding in the bushes is for noobs.

After Rage, iD has lost all credibility. Anyone preordering this must be doing so out of nostalgia.

Agreed.

Wolfenstein: The New Order Will Not Have Multiplayerd

Well they screw it !!!

I have yet to finish the Single player campaign for every game I own =)

Funny. 5 mins. into a multiplayer game and the mindlessness of it causes me to glaze over. Multiplayer is dead.

Merde! Look at this! Fucking nazis everywhere, infesting my beautiful city like cockroaches. It's time we show them a different kind of hospitality.

nostalgia.

That's the name of it right there. If they get that right - appealing to the die hard Wolf fans like myself - then they win with this. That being said, no pre-order for me. The game looks good, it's certainly very intriguing, but Rage had a horrible launch and though I like Rage as a game, the bug factor was way over the top for a release.

Nostalgia.... mmmm, I remember Wolfenstein-3D, and the whole Shareware thing, where part of the game was free, and if you liked it, you could buy the rest, and if you didn't, you could delete it, and if you thought it was really awesome you could give the free part to your friends and say "check this out!". That's why I'm going to wait and see how the launch goes, then hopefully they'll have a playable demo. Demos are kind of like shareware, and the demo is what is going to sell me on this game. If the demo is awesome, then I'll buy it. If I don't like it, I won't until it hits the bargain bin. I'm not going to go in sight unseen except for a clever marketing campaign.

I will give them some props for that. Their marketing department is doing a fantastic job of making me want this game not to suck and be the best thing since pomegranate juice. Please, Bethesda, don't disappoint. I could really use a good Wolf game to grind up Nazis with again!

If I can have that creepy carnival-polka music playing during the game I might get it. For some reason that music with the video game play worked for me.

Never bought Woft 3D or RTCW?

Shame on you :eek:

My thoughts when I read Krenum's post. :p

I don't know about this new Wolfenstein game. I think I'd rather see a remake of RTCW with a new engine (I've actually been wishing for this for quite some time), like Dunia Engine 2 or Unity 5. That would be a D1 purchase for me...such a great game, imo.

Back