Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced

HardOCP News

[H] News
A new Wolfenstein game is in the works and it is supposedly a "reimagining of the franchise?" Yikes, I don't know if that is good news or bad news. :eek:

Bethesda Softworks announces Wolfenstein: The New Order, revealing that a new installment in id Software's seminal shooter series was the subject of their teasing yesterday, saying the game is coming to PCs as well as next-generation and last-generation (I'm working on spreading a new buzzphrase) consoles by the end of this year. They call the new game a "reimagining of this franchise," an "action-adventure" shooter in development at MachineGames.

Warren Spector blasted it a few hours ago on Facebook as well. I'm not impressed either.

Is this the one where the USA tries to take over the world and the DHS goose stepping thru city streets.

I don't think i have actually played a wolfenstein since wolfenstein 3d, could never really get into them.

Is this the one where the USA tries to take over the world and the DHS goose stepping thru city streets.

No, that was America's Army: Boston edition

I think I'm a bit more interested in the Rise of the Triad game that's being made...

I seem to recall id very recently saying that they were going to stop farming out games to other studios. So, what they've done is...farmed a game out to another studio.

Alright.

It will probably take 20 hours to beat single player if we are lucky, also expect 2-4 DLCs.. sigh. So glad i dont really play games on the PC that much since photoshop takes up my time, but seriously they need to come out with games that take a min of 40 hours or more to beat and release the whole damn thing at once, not bits an pieces in the form of a DLC.

Please let it be better than the last one,what a consolised mess! They need to take a good long look at RTCW to see how it's done right.

It will be a 3rd person RPG with level scaling, because that's what Bethesda does best.

It will probably take 20 hours to beat single player if we are lucky, also expect 2-4 DLCs.. sigh. So glad i dont really play games on the PC that much since photoshop takes up my time, but seriously they need to come out with games that take a min of 40 hours or more to beat and release the whole damn thing at once, not bits an pieces in the form of a DLC.

I'd rather have a really fun 20 hour game than a shitty, poorly paced, filler filled 40 hour game.

And how many FPS games can you remember being 40 hours? Seriously?

Well they can't possibly fuck it up a bad as id soft fucked up their last fps. so i see this as a win.

plus i have been wanting to play a ww2ish game with horde of nazi's. :D

A new Wolfenstein! Interesting...Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is probably by far the best multiplayer experience I've had. If they did a rehash of that game with updated graphics I'd be all over it.

Day 1 buy for me unless the reviewers just shit all over it. I've loved Wolfenstein since Castle Wolfenstein on the Commodore 64 in 1983. I've loved all the others as well. Return was the best though.

Well they can't possibly fuck it up a bad as id soft fucked up their last fps. so i see this as a win.

plus i have been wanting to play a ww2ish game with horde of nazi's. :D

Oh, I'm sure they can. Looking at the preview it looks like they time traveled mech warriors to world war 2 in order to use the wolfenstein name

Hoping for rtcw quality rather than the piece of garbage they released 4 or 5 years ago.

I used to be B. J. Blazokowitz just like you, until I took a wunderwaffe to the knee.

I still actually play RTCW multiplayer...there's an ECGN server still up that gets between 30-50 players with a map rotation but mainly Beach during peak time. It's still fun...if anyone's interested I can dig up the IP address of the server.

Come up with some damn new ideas. The game industry is now worse than film. This is like Casablanca 12: The Black & Whitening

I seem to recall id very recently saying that they were going to stop farming out games to other studios. So, what they've done is...farmed a game out to another studio.

Alright.

If they said it recently then this was probably in production before that?

Come up with some damn new ideas. The game industry is now worse than film. This is like Casablanca 12: The Black & Whitening

People complain about remakes then pay $200 for a remake of a game on Kickstarter. It kind of sends mixed messages! :D

Except people like familiar franchises and are hesitant to dive into new franchises, especially if they are too creative and unusual ... also, unlike movies, games often improve in the later releases (because of player feedback, improvements in technology, etc) ... this isn't universal for all games but I think that there are many who feel that Baldur's Gate 2 was superior to Baldur's Gate 1 ... that some of the later Civs were superior to Civ 1 ... many consider Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3 the best in the series ... and on and on ;)

What are the odds that yesterday I was reminiscing about RTCW so I watched this while also finding the week I was #1. Then this news the very next day!

do you? do you REALLY? I guess the Nazis yelling "Mein Leben" was pretty cool.

yes, yes I do! I'd buy one of the virtuality game systems if i could find one!

srsly though, who doesn't get enjoyment out of blasting nazis? :D

Maybe it was only fun because people weren't as politically correct back then :rolleyes:

Eventually there's only so ways they can invert the status quo. A million years from now, we might even get disgusting crap like a Wolfenstein remake where you have to stop Jewish sorcerors from unleashing the ark of the covenant on America and the fatherland.

Then again, Bethesda being who they are, how can we not be sure that's what they're planning at this very moment?

Well, at least QuakeCon is going to be packed. I am expecting Doom 4 as well.

This trailer suggests robots. I am fine with that. Who I am kidding, I am going to droll over this :D

I miss the Quake environments. Fire lit hallways, purple hazy skies, medival demons and the classic grenade bouncing sound scared the piss out of me.

I hope New Order will be as good or better both in game play and graphics wise than Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory.

day 1 session pass.
preorder bonus
dlc stuff that are not part of session pass in a week
limited maps where dlc packs will have more

Back