Wolfenstein pushed back...

RTCW is one of my favorite games, but for some reason i feel like i'm going to be disappointed with this one. not really sure why, just got a feeling...

RTCW is one of my favorite games, but for some reason i feel like i'm going to be disappointed with this one. not really sure why, just got a feeling...

Now you will see the superiority of the machine!! :p

This game look like a total disappointment. The screenshots and the graphics are terrible. Game look totally outdated. RTCW was awesome but it's a little too late for this game.

I can't wait for this game! [id] will also be showing off more of RAGE @ QC. I'm looking forward to the new IP!

The screenshots and the graphics are terrible.

Compared to what ?

The graphics look fine to me, it's the last thing I'm worried about with this game. I'd be more concerned with the MP gameplay. We know very little about it. Hopefully Quakecon will give us a full reveal.

According to Activision, the new release date is "to facilitate a simultaneous global release window"
I sure wish execs wouldn't talk like that. "Facilitate a simultaneous global release window".

Don't forget id recently sold out to Zenimax. There is bad blood between them and Activision, the publisher of Wolfenstein. I think it was pushed back to let id hype the game themselves a little since Activision has been constraining what is said. (that is if you believe raven) It's not like 2 weeks would make a difference if the game is bad anyways.

I doubt the game will be a stinker, might not be AAA to everyone's POV, but I'll take my chances. The MP could turn out good for all we know. ;)
But then again I liked QW and know a lot of "BF dudes" didn't like it, so don't listen to me. I'll bet it scores at least in the 80s meta average though.

This game look like a total disappointment. The screenshots and the graphics are terrible. Game look totally outdated. RTCW was awesome but it's a little too late for this game.

yeah ive seen a lot of screen shots for the game.. but a lot of them look like miss named RTCW 1 screenshots..

Don't forget id recently sold out to Zenimax. There is bad blood between them and Activision, the publisher of Wolfenstein. I think it was pushed back to let id hype the game themselves a little since Activision has been constraining what is said. (that is if you believe raven) It's not like 2 weeks would make a difference if the game is bad anyways.

I doubt the game will be a stinker, might not be AAA to everyone's POV, but I'll take my chances. The MP could turn out good for all we know. ;)
But then again I liked QW and know a lot of "BF dudes" didn't like it, so don't listen to me. I'll bet it scores at least in the 80s meta average though.

dont worry.. you arent the only QW fan here.. love the game.. its the only FPS i still play.. and once RTCW 2 comes out.. QW is going on the shelf to never be played again most likely..

Wolf's multiplayer makes me want to vomit. I might pick it up on the cheap for its SP.
MP looks like garbage.

- earning money to buy weapons/upgrades (CS)
- grenade danger indicators (COD, etc.)
- Veil-effect makes enemies a bright green

WTH? This fecal-matter is for nubz.

I'll stick with Quake Wars. At least that requires thinking.

I'm buying this on day one for the PC and looking forward to it.

You like RTCW and say its awesome, but the graphics are way outdated by today's standards. :rolleyes:

Graphics aren't everything.

You like RTCW and say its awesome, but the graphics are way outdated by today's standards. :rolleyes:

I'm replaying RTCW right now and I think it's aged incredibly well myself, including the graphics.

I'm replaying RTCW right now and I think it's aged incredibly well myself, including the graphics.

I'm not putting down the game. I was just doing a little compare and contrast.

Yeah, RTCW was good for it time. But I wouldn't care to go back to it. Hardly any improvement on game play or graphics. Characters looking like a stiff. Explosions physics and animations are so freaking early 2000. Talking about taking RTCW and giving it a better skin but keeping all the old stiffy animation and physics and character modeling deforming badly around the joints.

"Graphics aren't everything". LOL. Ok. Good luck trying to compete with all the new games that's coming out with not only better graphics but also gameplay and more realistic physics.

Last edited:

it is outdated.. the games built on the same engine used for ET:QW.. it only has dx9 support.. but there are a lot of hidden tweaks to make the game look better that existed in ET:QW that should be in RTCW2..

the biggest issue with the engine is that even though it claims it supports 32x msaa AA it really doesnt.. it maxes out at 8x.. everything after thats useless..

"Graphics aren't everything". LOL. Ok. Good luck trying to compete with all the new games that's coming out with not only better graphics but also gameplay and more realistic physics.

Unfortunately the games that have the great gameplay behind the pretty graphics are more the exceptions rather than the norm.

I'm amazed the services like Steam still have neither hide nor hair trace of this game for preorder or any mention of it a mere 24 hours before street date.

The game look totally boring. Just another Quake 4 and Doom 3. Getting real boring with the same old tiresome tight interior setting and running around inside it and shooting your enemies. And they have the same looking monsters like in Doom 3.

You can tell they had a console in mind because the review says the multiplayer graphics are lower quality than the single player like call of duty world at war. They do that so the game doesn't slow down as much. Its going to be a single player game it sounds like. What were the developers thinking. Wolf enemy territory didn't even have single player and it rocked everything else. Multiplayer is what made it what it was. I think its going to tank.

They mentioned a while back the MP is using the ETQW engine.
Very recently the Wolf community learned it is built on the X360 QW engine with the latest patches. Also begs the question if the PC's MP is built on the PC QW engine or the X360 QW engine. I liked PC QW.

I tried the PS3 demo and it felt off. I'd be worried if the PC is built upon the X360 engine. Because it wasn't held in high regard either.

The SP uses an enhanced Tech4 engine. Basically enhanced QW engine with some depth of field, motion blur, and other bells and whistles.

Been playing it for 2 days now (OK since yesterday). So far totally flawless like an id product is expected. No glitches/bugs and runs great at fairly high detail. Graphics look fine, maybe not earth shattering. The videos are smooth and fluid, but do have a kind of flat 2-D look about them sometimes.

Yeah. Graphics are fine, nothing earth shattering, but fine. The game is fun, but it does feel dumbed down a lot (consolitis). And while weapon upgrades are fine, the way they implemented them sucks. Only someone with NO knowledge of weapons would have had some of those "upgrades" in place. Same mechanic (better accuracy and damage) could have been done better and more realistically.

I do feel the game would have been a lot better if they'd have made it more "stylistically" like RTCW. The whole veil power thing could have been left out, without abandoning the occult angle. And no health packs? The whole "auto-regenerate" thing is crap, and i'm seeing that more and more in games.

But in the end analysis, i am having fun playing the game, and it was worth the money i paid for it. And in the end, that's what really matters. :)

I sure wish execs wouldn't talk like that. "Facilitate a simultaneous global release window".

haha - I think it's safe to assume this wasn't the real reason for delay. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that the game hasn't shown up on any digital distribution platforms yet = Simultaneous Global Release Fail.

This is true. id hasn't internally developed a game since Doom 3. Quake 4 is another one of these games. Funny how id takes so much crap over games they don't even develop. People need to inform themselves.

I saw it at Walmart yesterday lol....

What's up with everyone saying "consolfied" and "consoletitis" or whatever? Seriously? In order for a game to make it to the console, you need the computer first. And expecting a game to be only for a pc (unless its an mmo) is ignorant and very hard pressed to find. Game developers make games for money. Making a game for multiple groups (xbox, playstation, PC), means more people buying the game = more cash in their pocket.

So carry on with your consoletitis <--- it's lame :rolleyes:

Last edited:
When you see the game, you'll know what everybody means. By "consoleitis" they mean that it was made specifically with consoles in mind.

I saw it at Walmart yesterday lol....

What's up with everyone saying "consolfied" and "consoletitis" or whatever? Seriously? In order for a game to make it to the console, you need the computer first. And expecting a game to be only for a pc (unless its an mmo) is ignorant and very hard pressed to find. Game developers make games for money. Making a game for multiple groups (xbox, playstation, PC), means more people buying the game = more cash in their pocket.

Its not the point of it being exclusive but the point of it being dumbed down. Console tweaks and the rest still left in the games. Menus all basic. Mouse feel is usually horrible on consolized games. Milky, floaty, hockey type feel too the mouse making it have a lag action to it. The game in general is usually stripped of all complexities. Maximum players per server is usually really low due to console hardware. Games are usually at a lot slower speed due to the slower responsiveness of a controller. A bunch of other stuff is removed in games like stuff that can't be done on a controller. This is what happens usually in a bad port. Perfect example is Unreal tournament 3 compared to the older 2004,2003, 99 versions and you'll see what i mean. Even the new Wolfenstein has been affected multiplayer wise. Its just been ruining pc gaming lately and gaming in general. It feels like nothing has came out in so long thats actually worth playing. I hope more people get fired.

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with who they are trying to sell the game to. It's a valid comparison to what was expected due to its heritage. The game is simplified, and has elements that correspond to console type controls. That is all i meant by the term "consolitis."

I could have said "the game was less interactive and less technologically capable than expected, due to being forced to run on a wide range of hardware and input devices." I think i will stick to "consolitis" as it is far easier to type, and people generally know what is meant by it.

This is true. id hasn't internally developed a game since Doom 3. Quake 4 is another one of these games. Funny how id takes so much crap over games they don't even develop. People need to inform themselves.

Well id and Raven are the two prominent parties (only parties) on the front cover. So I take it as THEIR game. Sure maybe they didn't do all the programming, but it still should be considered an "id" game.

Back