Wolfenstein New Colosus - crashing display driver only in main menu.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Today i installed Wolfenstein New Collosus. I am getting driver display crashes in main menu especially when alt tabbing to windows. Recorded 4-5 crashes in main menu or alt tab to windows. But in game ( 3d ) not single crash. Only in main menu. 1080 TI FE stock

Crash dump is : C:/Windows/LiverKernelReports/Watchdog

Its only in main menu or alt tabing to windows. Game ( 3d ) its fine. So propably software or hardware issue?

Screen from event log:

image.jpg

My pc:
6700K stock no oc
16GB DDR4
Corsair 750 RM
Gigabyte Gtx 1080 Ti Fe no OC, stock clocks,stock bios
Asus Z170-P

drivers: 388.00

Have not experienced this myself, but I have heard of 2 other people having this issue and the solution for one was to unplug his gamepad....

The other was to make sure windows is updated to the fall creators update.

Its only in main menu . Alt tabbing or changing Gfx settings. Screen will freeze, ctrl alt delete and crash display driver. On game when i load game its fine, in 3d its fine. I am not using gamepad.

How is this possible? Game ( full load ) can run 6hours+ to 24hours stable without crash. But when i am only playing in main menu ( alt tabbing or changing applying gfx settings ) it will crash display driver. But dont worry about this?

Somebody said with gtx 1080:
"No, the game is stable for me. I had no crashes at all with alt-tab, changing graphic settings, changing resolution or with long hours of playing."

He said that him game never crashed to him on main menu. So what now? My is crashing TDR only in main menu on random moments or alt tabbing or applying gfx settings. And i met few peoples with 1080 ti with the same issue.

Back