Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

This is definitely game of the year for me. Everything you would ever want in a straight forward fps with a great story to entertain. The only thing i could complain about is the AI, i think it should be better for an almost 2018 game. Enemies are super dumb and crowd around the same spots. Other than that its a really cool game.

Edit: Before anyone accuses me of piracy: I paid for the game and used a VPN to unlock a little early.

it turns out the cdkeys game is "German version".....i hope theres possibly a way to play it in English lol..But then again maybe if everything is in German it seem more realistic...just a possible warning to those tempted by cdkeys low price

it turns out the cdkeys game is "German version".....i hope theres possibly a way to play it in English lol..But then again maybe if everything is in German it seem more realistic...just a possible warning to those tempted by cdkeys low price
How is the voice acting? Does Germany censor any of the art in Wolfenstein games?

Well so far all the reviews I've seen / read have been overwhelmingly positive. My game showed up early, so I'm excited. It still will not unlock until Midnight, and I have to work yet tomorrow, but Steam has it all pre-loaded and ready to go when I get home. I'll have 4 days off after that, so I'm planning to dig in and enjoy!

Wow! Glad I procrastinated! Thanks for the tip!

I'll just buy it on Steam. Seems like it'll be worth full price anyway.

I've gotten some global versions of things from them before, but never just the wrong language or version with potentially altered content. I'll have to keep an eye on them.

I got the game from CDKEYS and it was in English. I remember seeing that it was a Global Key. Did you download and unlock it from a German VPN by any chance?

Product Information lists it as Worldwide
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/wolfenstein-ii-2-the-new-colossus-pc-steam-cd-key

No such issue here with a cdkeys key.

I think the game unlocks in a half hour?

Last edited:
No i did not? And i was shocked to see my key listed as German....I got no response from cdkeys as to why i got this version either. Fuck it ill play it regardless.

Looks like you purchased the wrong region. They will refund and you can reorder.

Not if he already activated it.
How would i purchase wrong region? is the question? looks like cdkeys fucked me, i guess. Bet they ran out o global keys and just gave out what they had left. It was listed as global when i bought it and only showed German when activating it. I sent them a message about it being German edition and they just ignored me thus far.

Last edited:
Bought off CD keys yesterday, no issues. Game runs like doom at 1440p ultra. Smooth like buttah. Only got to play an hour or so last night, but it was pretty enjoyable. Also avoid the steam forums lots of edgelords, trolls and triggered little snowflakes. Ugh.

Anyone else trying to complete an entire playthrough of Wolfenstein 3d on the hardest setting at the ingame arcade? The audio was improved a lot over the Wolf3d emulated in the previous games. I don't recall hearing these ambient effects before.

How would i purchase wrong region? is the question? looks like cdkeys fucked me, i guess. Bet they ran out o global keys and just gave out what they had left. It was listed as global when i bought it and only showed German when activating it. I sent them a message about it being German edition and they just ignored me thus far.

You kinda F'd yourself going to cdkeys, a known trafficker of stolen keys, and keys purchased wholesale with stolen CCs then resold, and then the developer ultimately gets stuck as bagholder for the chargeback.

Just because some people report "welp I got muh key and it activated" doesnt change the fact you're rolling the dice on the key, and paying criminals instead of the developer.

I used to use these sites, but then had a game deleted from my Steam library two days after activating it - something I didn't believe possible - and I swore never again.

It's a few bucks more from GMG or Steam itself, but they both have CSRs that actually reply, and with Steam you can even get a full refund.

Last edited:
You kinda F'd yourself going to cdkeys, a known trafficker of stolen keys, and keys purchased wholesale with stolen CCs then resold, and then the developer ultimately gets stuck as bagholder for the chargeback.

Just because some people report "welp I got muh key and it activated" doesnt change the fact you're rolling the dice every time.

I used to use some of these sites, but then I had a game deleted from my Steam library two days after activating it and I swore never again.

It's a few bucks more from GMG or Steam itself, but they both have CSRs that actually reply, and with Steam you can even get a full refund.
live an learn right? its all good till they fuck us over.....but well see maybe ill like the German edition better! lol I know steam has swapped me out to english skus in the past....but it takes a long time and no guaranty they will

Just because some people report "welp I got muh key and it activated" doesnt change the fact you're rolling the dice every time.

I used to use some of these sites, but then I had a game deleted from my Steam library two days after activating it and I swore never again.

cdkeys is not a "known trafficker of stolen keys"...where is the proof of this? G2A and Kinguin are shady as fuck but I do not put them in the same league as cdkeys.

It's grey market for sure but I have never had a single issue with them after many purchases.

Also, it is often way more than a "few bucks" more...sometimes you are looking at a $20-30 difference on newer titles.

What happened to primetime sucks, I hope he is able to get some sort of resolution. I assume you could just change the language in the game, though?

It's grey market for sure but I have never had a single issue with them after many purchases

more power to people buying from these sites but if cdkeys is considered 'grey market' then it's definitely shady in my book...I've never bought from any of the cd key sites...I hear GMG is now an authorized reseller but there prices are no longer as low as they used to be when they were weren't official...only place I buy keys from is official Nvidia/AMD/Asus etc bundles where people sell their codes

more power to people buying from these sites but if cdkeys is considered 'grey market' then it's definitely shady in my book...I've never bought from any of the cd key sites...I hear GMG is now an authorized reseller but there prices are no longer as low as they used to be when they were weren't official...only place I buy keys from is official Nvidia/AMD/Asus etc bundles where people sell their codes

They buy keys in bulk using different currencies/regions and then resell...so I guess you could consider that "grey market", but they're not stolen keys or using stolen CCs like sites like G2A have been found doing in the past.

I always like Eurogamer reviews...

"The New Colossus is a game that straddles moods and periods, caricature and biting insight, cartoon villainy and insidious real-world malevolence. It is a well-wrought FPS caught on the rocks of some marvelous, horrendous discussions about race, gender, discrimination and complicity. It is frequently crude and half-baked, mixing fart jokes with oafish interpretations of trauma. But it is also both strikingly ambitious and a lot more intelligent than it often seems. What it needs now, I think, is a new lead and possibly even, whisper it, a change of genre. There is more to be said about a character like BJ Blazkowicz, but there is also more to be said about this universe - and our own - than is possible with BJ at the helm"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-26-wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus

I really hope this makes it to VR like Doom 2016. Some of the particle effects when you vaporize the baddies are jaw droppers. Loving everything about this game. Its more instant gratification than new Assassin's Creed, a game I decided to wait on because I don't feel like making the mental investment in another huge Witcher 3-esque world just yet, one that demands listening to lots of story and exploring everything.

This game wins the week and the month.

Liking this game a lot so far. Storyline is good, some pretty brutal scenes so far.

What is "The Vault"?

Haven't seen a review yet that wasn't at least 9/10 or 4.5/5. Many are saying it is the best FPS of the year. I'm only 3-4 hours in, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

IO too am curious about "The Vault". Oh, does anyone know if any of the collectibles provide some sort of meaningful unlock? Something besides just an achievement etc? Like what do Gold Bars, Max's Toys, or the various Cards unlock?

Next, without giving too many spoilers, how many "meaningful choices" are there so far? I know that you have to make the Wolfenstein: New Order choice in a flashback about who survived (Fergus vs Wyatt) for instance, and this has some sort of ramification on what sort of weapon you eventually acquire, right? Besides that, I hear there are certain pieces of equipment/upgrade that you can choose later on.... anyone know if they're an "either or" situation or you eventually unlock them all, but in the order you choose?

Oh and just to be clear, the "Zero Mission" or whatever that is supposed to introduce the 3 playable characters to come in the Expansion (or 3 mini expansions within the Season Pass) isn't available as of yet, correct?

I can't play at all. Game hard-locks the PC immediately whenever I try to change resolution to 4K.

Half the time too the game has no main menu.

How the hell this got past QA is beyond me...

This is definitely game of the year for me. Everything you would ever want in a straight forward fps with a great story to entertain. The only thing i could complain about is the AI, i think it should be better for an almost 2018 game. Enemies are super dumb and crowd around the same spots. Other than that its a really cool game.

I don't know. No doubt those Swedes at Machinehead are pretty talented people. However, our tastes are radically different. Riddick games were great if you care about story and atmosphere and but not gunning. Same with their Wolfenstein TNO. I fucking hated that game. So much lost potential. Also the sound was terrible

tl:dr I don't believe you :}

I can't play at all. Game hard-locks the PC immediately whenever I try to change resolution to 4K.

Half the time too the game has no main menu.

How the hell this got past QA is beyond me...
Which card?

If a vega you need 17.10.3 drivers according to the AMD driver fix change log.

I don't know. No doubt those Swedes at Machinehead are pretty talented people. However, our tastes are radically different. Riddick games were great if you care about story and atmosphere and but not gunning. Same with their Wolfenstein TNO. I fucking hated that game. So much lost potential. Also the sound was terrible

tl:dr I don't believe you :}

Wolfenstein New Order is one of the best games I’ve ever played in my 30 years of gaming. Top five. I hope this Wolfenstein II game is as good as New Order. I’d give old blood a C score. It wasn’t made of the same cloth. No character development, no attachment, no real meaningful story, just a run of the mill shooter.

Do I have to play the first one to know the story? or would jumping to this one without the post experience be fine?

Do I have to play the first one to know the story? or would jumping to this one without the post experience be fine?
you should play New Order because it's so dang good! I don't know though if plot elements are tied over.

Watch the first linked Steam video of New Order and see if you think it looks good.
Realize it was very much story driven! Not your typical FPS, but with stellar FPS elements!

store.steampowered.com/app/201810/Wolfenstein_The_New_Order/

I'm getting ready to fire up Wolfenstein II today - I'm hoping it's the same!

Last edited:
Wolfenstein New Order is one of the best games I’ve ever played in my 30 years of gaming. Top five. I hope this Wolfenstein II game is as good as New Order. I’d give old blood a C score. It wasn’t made of the same cloth. No character development, no attachment, no real meaningful story, just a run of the mill shooter.

I believe you. This was exactly my point. They certainly delivered in those areas you like. I've been gaming for about 30 years as well and all I care is simple but powerful mechanics. For both our's sake, I hope they deliver on both.

I am really pumped for another id6 engine game. Need moar fps with crazy stuff going on the screen.

I've been killing Nazi's in Wolfenstein game since the Vic-20 days, it's just the poisoned climate in the us these days, ignore the twats and play the game. Thinking back, I miss the Zork games, wish they would come out with a sequel made for todays hardware, it would be a far cry from the old 'Return to Zork'.
"Want some Rye? 'Course you do!".

is there an easy way to tweak the settings in a config file? The fact everything is in German makes it tough to set mine up.

So much of this game is great, and so much of it is absolutely infuriating. The cut scenes are way too long most of the time, I get that it's a story game but come on. I am playing a game not watching a stupid movie.

Some scenes are way too much. The dog shooting, etc. Like what the fuck? Why was that necessary?

Also, I hate how hitting E does not always pick things up, or you have to try 2 or 3 times.

EDIT: Oh and the grenade knock down mechanic is so god damn cheap.

Last edited:
Yeah the plot is a continuation. This is a true sequel.

Yep, directly after the first game. Though, at the beginning there is a long video of the events in the New Order, so while it's not necessary to play it, you should because it was a really good game.

Just because some people report "welp I got muh key and it activated" doesnt change the fact you're rolling the dice on the key, and paying criminals instead of the developer.

I used to use these sites, but then had a game deleted from my Steam library two days after activating it - something I didn't believe possible - and I swore never again.

umm, proof they are a "known" trafficker? you used to use these sites? so what site screwed you over? cause it wasn't cdkeys.com or you would have said it.

I've been using cjs and cdkeys for years with no issue.

Back