Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus PC Requirements

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Bethesda has unveiled the required and recommended hardware specifications for the PC version of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. In addition, many of the graphics options were revealed, which includes an FOV slider, ultrawide monitor support, an uncapped framerate, and multiple colorblind modes.

For PC gamers, it’s all about the freedom – and we’re not just talking about liberating America from Nazi oppression. From framerates to field-of-view options and beyond, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus includes a host of features on PC, allowing players to customize their experience based on hardware and preferences. Along with the minimum and recommended specs, we’ve got a detailed list of supported features available in The New Colossus when it launches worldwide on October 27.

This is shaping up to be good. This game may cost me a lot of money - I'll need a video card upgrade to fully enjoy it!

Not sure how minimum spec requirements are set these days. It used to be that there was some feature in the CPU that was required in the minimum specs. An i73770 is the minimum? So a i7 2700K or current gen i5 will not work? Please....

I hope this just Bethesda early april fool joke as we are NOT LAUGHING ONE BIT here.

Says Vulkan is used, too. My r9 295x2 and I7 4790k handled Doom with all the eye candy, so my new 1080 ti & I7 7700k should have no problems at all.

This is shaping up to be good. This game may cost me a lot of money - I'll need a video card upgrade to fully enjoy it!
Me too. Damn, should have sprung for a 4GB card. Didn't think it would ever matter.

I'm more concerned with the notes about supported OS's and video card drivers for AMD. It seems oddly specific.

Not sure how minimum spec requirements are set these days. It used to be that there was some feature in the CPU that was required in the minimum specs. An i73770 is the minimum? So a i7 2700K or current gen i5 will not work? Please....

all depends on the thread cap but given the 8 thread/core requirement it doesn't seem to be capped, either way if the 8350 is supported the 2700k will do just fine, lol. i5's might not be though and may run into similar issues that they're having with Forza 7. mind you i've yet to play a game using the vulkan so i really don't know what it's capable of on the cpu side.

now to wait and see if they do an enemy territories 2 stand alone mod so i can waste away another 7 years of my life, lol.

I'm more concerned with the notes about supported OS's and video card drivers for AMD. It seems oddly specific.
Requiring a 64 bit OS makes complete sense from a technical perspective. Digging further, I'm guessing that they're pulling their OS support list from Microsoft's supported OS list, which also makes sense from a support perspective. Microsoft currently supports 7, 8.1, and 10 (Vista and 8 have been EOL'd).
The dev typo'd the statement that AMD no longer supports Windows 8.1 for drivers - AMD supports Windows 8.1 but does not support 8 because Microsoft treats 8.1 as the service pack for 8.

The New Order had "Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD" as the minimum processor. It worked just fine with i5s. There is zero chance modern i5s won't work. A 2700 will probably also work fine, there isn't a huge difference between them.

I'm excited for uncapped framerate. The New Order had a multitude of bugs (at least one completely game breaking) if you used any workarounds to get it higher than 60 FPS. Hopefully they'll let me turn off film grain and other post-process ugliness without having to resort to startup options or config hacking. I see DoF is configurable, but they don't say to what extent; New Order had two settings for DOF: Medium or High quality. No way to disable without using in-game console or other methods.

Psh, I'm sure my Phenom II x4 955 won't have an issue.

Also, I'm glad they have a lot of options for us to tweak!

now to wait and see if they do an enemy territories 2 stand alone mod so i can waste away another 7 years of my life, lol.

No mod support for the game, so it is unlikely and MachineGames is pretty against doing any MP themselves.

Yeah i'm another concerned i5 owner. My system is now 1 year old this month, and I'm already outdated :(

I have not had an issue with a game yet with my system specs running at 1080p. I hope Wolfy 2 ain't the first.

Don't sweat the minspec too much. Vulkan and idtech 6 will run this beautifully, so if Doom 2016 ran on your rig, you're fine.

Can't wait for Friday!

Last edited:
Don't have to worry about vram at least. Saying that recommended is 16GB ddr ram though could be a problem. Guess I will need 32 GB to stay current. 55GB is not as bad of some games like some that require 100GB download. I'm sure this game will have add-on dlc that might be 20 GB's or more. I've heard this game doesn't use megatextures either. I'm really glad about that because megatextures is a good try but a big fail in terms of resolution and modding. Serious Sam 3 uses Vulcan and runs very well.

Updated specs: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/115527/wolfenstein-ii-pc-specs-features

Minimum

CPU: AMD
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 or AMD FX-8350

CPU: Intel
Intel i5-3570 or Intel i7-3770

GPU: AMD
AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB

GPU: NVidia
NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB

RAM: 8GB
Operating System: Win7, 8.1**, or 10 (64-Bit versions)

** AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1

Hard Drive Space: 55GB available hard drive space

Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation

Recommended

CPU: AMD

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X or AMD FX-9370

CPU: Intel
Intel Core i7-4770

GPU: AMD
AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB

GPU: NVIDIA
NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB

Operating System: Win7, 8.1**, or 10 (64-Bit versions)

** AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1

Hard Drive Space: 55GB available hard drive space

Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation

Yeah i'm another concerned i5 owner. My system is now 1 year old this month, and I'm already outdated :(

I have not had an issue with a game yet with my system specs running at 1080p. I hope Wolfy 2 ain't the first.
You're fine. Just Bethesda trying to sell more Ryzen 7 CPUs.

Surprised to see an Ivy bridge i5 is considered minimum. I would bet there's negligible gains between the i5 3570 and the i7 4770 they actually recommend.

You know it's been a long time since you had an upgrade when you can't remember the CPU you have. I mean I know I have an i5, but not sure which model beyond that, it want to say Skylake, but I forget if I went cheap and went a gen before. Oh well I can check when I get home.

I have an older system: Intel Q6600 quad core with a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 7 x64 with 8 gigs of ram. I'm able to run DOOM with no issues. Based on what I'm seeing in this thread, I can run DOOM with no issues, I should be able to run this game?

You know it's been a long time since you had an upgrade when you can't remember the CPU you have. I mean I know I have an i5, but not sure which model beyond that, it want to say Skylake, but I forget if I went cheap and went a gen before. Oh well I can check when I get home.

At this point I really feel that my 5820k X99 system is going to last just about forever unless there are some radical changes. It's easily got another 4 years in it at this point.

Back