Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

polonyc2

Fully [H]
from Team Ninja...Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty follows the dramatic, action-packed story of a nameless militia soldier fighting for survival in a dark fantasy version of the Later Han Dynasty where demons plague the Three Kingdoms...players fight off deadly creatures and enemy soldiers using swordplay based on the Chinese martial arts, attempting to overcome the odds by awakening the true power from within

coming in Early 2023...

Last edited:
Unfortunately Koei Tecmo means the PC version is going to be terrible.

hopefully this is a more accessible Nioh with better level design and more enemy variety

from Team Ninja...Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty follows the dramatic, action-packed story of a nameless militia soldier fighting for survival in a dark fantasy version of the Later Han Dynasty where demons plague the Three Kingdoms...players fight off deadly creatures and enemy soldiers using swordplay based on the Chinese martial arts, attempting to overcome the odds by awakening the true power from within

coming in Early 2023...

gonna have to wait like a year

Team Ninja is developing both Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and Rise of the Ronin at the same time...hope they dedicate enough resources to both where they can both be AAA titles

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Demo Hands-On Preview

On the surface, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty feels heavily simplified, especially compared to the Nioh games: the unique stance system, the traditional Stamina bar, and the complex combo strings are gone, leveling up is more straightforward with fewer stats to enhance, and the loot system has been streamlined, with gear now granting far fewer bonuses. At first, these changes felt very disappointing, as they make the game feel like a step back, mechanically, but after the first few enemy encounters, it becomes clear that the whole experience is not that much focused on the RPG elements but on the actual action.

combat has been streamlined in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, but that doesn't mean that the game is easier than the Nioh titles. On the contrary, it can be more challenging for some players due to the major emphasis the combat system places on parrying. Dodging is still available, but it's not particularly effective due to the very low amount of invincibility frames, so parrying is always the best option, as it also depletes the enemy's Spirit quite a bit. The parry window, however, is extremely strict, so players need to learn the enemies' movesets perfectly to use it effectively, which will require quite a bit of time and effort since movesets are varied and have wildly different timings. If the parry window is not lengthened a bit in the final game, I can see it being one of the mechanics that will make Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty divisive among fans...

https://wccftech.com/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-demo-hands-on-preview-romance-of-the-thousand-parries/

Demo is 15.7 gigs going to dowload the sucker if it was 60+ I wouldn't bother on wifi.

This game is really hard lol like a hard Sekiro and Nioh combined don't think I'll pick it up.

Team Ninja has announced that upcoming Soulslike, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty will be released on March 3rd 2023...it will be available on both PC and console Game Pass on day one

The developer also revealed it will receive three DLC packs that add new demons, scenarios, stages, weapon times, and more to the action game set in a darker version of China's Three Kingdom period...these will be available in a Season Pass that comes in the Digital Deluxe version of Wo Long, which also includes a digital artbook and digital mini soundtrack...

https://www.polygon.com/23424218/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-team-ninja-soulslike-release-date

Team Ninja has announced that upcoming Soulslike, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty will be released on March 3rd 2023...it will be available on both PC and console Game Pass on day one

The developer also revealed it will receive three DLC packs that add new demons, scenarios, stages, weapon times, and more to the action game set in a darker version of China's Three Kingdom period...these will be available in a Season Pass that comes in the Digital Deluxe version of Wo Long, which also includes a digital artbook and digital mini soundtrack...

https://www.polygon.com/23424218/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-team-ninja-soulslike-release-date

Can't wait...although it will definitely be a PS5 couch game for me.

I never played any of the Nioh games but I'm really interested in Wo Long and their other upcoming game- Rise of the Ronin...I have Nioh in my Epic Store Library from one of their recent free giveaways so I do want to give that a try one of these days

You play the Demo? I think I can take this game on just got flanked early in game and gave up.

No I downloaded it but never got around to it. Team Ninja has my trust after Nioh 1/2. I absolutely loved both games.
I never played any of the Nioh games but I'm really interested in Wo Long and their other upcoming game- Rise of the Ronin...I have Nioh in my Epic Store Library from one of their recent free giveaways so I do want to give that a try one of these days
Both Nioh 1 and 2 are absolutely fantastic. Give it a few hours to learn the systems and you'll be hooked.

Koei improved the Parry Window timing

wow, did they improve the healing time!! and the adjustment definitely makes sense with the pace of the game. Of the souls games, sekiro is the only one I haven't played because I gain enjoyment so much more from multi-player gameplay....this could be something to suck me into Sekiro and Nioh too if it plays well

Single Player just looked it up on Steam
gimli-the-fellowship-has-failed.gif

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty- Action Trailer

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is now available for pre-order...Early purchase and pre-order bonuses available...available March 3, 2023...

I wanted it at first but it looks worse than Nioh 2 don't think I'll pick it up. The combat looks just like Nioh 2.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty- Action Trailer

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is now available for pre-order...Early purchase and pre-order bonuses available...available March 3, 2023...

when they said action trailer.....they weren't messin' around

There is another Demo with a different area on PS5 it's been out for a while but I just say Fighting Cowboy play it a few days ago. Quick DL only 15 gigs going to see if it's worth it this time around.

Update: It's still the Old Demo and you can't play it I thought it might be something new.

Last edited:
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty PC Port Preview- DLSS, Ultrawide, HDR, UI Options, and More

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty also supports DLSS, but it wasn’t enabled for this build. Nioh 2 got DLSS later on, so it is good to see Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo add it from the start for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty on PC...the other graphics settings include HDR, v-sync, texture and shadow quality, shadow render distance, ambient occlusion, screen space reflection, subsurface scattering, model LOD, volumetric fog resolution, and volumetric cloud quality...

https://themakoreactor.com/featured...-deck-dlss-ultrawide-haptics-dualsense/45101/

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty PC Port Preview- DLSS, Ultrawide, HDR, UI Options, and More

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty also supports DLSS, but it wasn’t enabled for this build. Nioh 2 got DLSS later on, so it is good to see Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo add it from the start for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty on PC...the other graphics settings include HDR, v-sync, texture and shadow quality, shadow render distance, ambient occlusion, screen space reflection, subsurface scattering, model LOD, volumetric fog resolution, and volumetric cloud quality...

https://themakoreactor.com/featured...-deck-dlss-ultrawide-haptics-dualsense/45101/
Games looks pretty fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Back