WMP54G goes Code 10 out of no where

JordanCL

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm using a Linksys WMP54G v4.1 (PCI Wireless adapter) on Win7 64-bit

There are no 64-bit drivers from Linksys for this adapter, and when I first got Windows 7 last year it took quite a bit of searching to find a work around. Windows does not come rolled with a driver that works correctly, so the solution is to download drivers directly from Ralink -- the chip manufacturer.

I followed the instructions I found (not sure if this is it, but this is the process I followed: http://www.phishthis.com/2009/01/16/how-to-install-wmp54g-drivers-on-windows-7-beta-64-bit-or-vista-64-bit/) and got the card working.

That was roughly 6 months ago. This morning when I started my PC I couldn't connect to my WLAN and the device manager has the card Code 10 "Device cannot start". To my knowledge nothing has changed. I had the drivers saved on my external in case I ever reformated, so I tried to uninstall the device and reload the drivers but I get the same thing.

I even tried to use a different PCI slot. No avail. I've tried to repeat other sets of instructions (example) and got nothing.

Any ideas?

Back